Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
Ok, maybe I'm not understanding what this is supposed to do, but here is what I was looking for it TODO. Using the Embuary original script, when I click the "TMDb Info" button, it goes out and parse, then builds this page from the data it gets that is available. I think we all know that gist. But since I'm still trying to figure out all the inner workings, I think I am stuck on the basics and I can't figure out the basics if I don't know the right question to ask. So maybe this can help you help me. I am trying to replicate what I already have but use the plugin to do the new work since the script is not longer doing the heavy lifting. This is what I'm looking to replicate:

Right now I'd just be happy if I could get the grid table to show up and populate the text part of it so I can see the inner workings.

So I modded the code and now I "get something" but not what I expect.... probably because I've asked the wrong question or I just don't understand the query/content functionality (yet).

So here are the changes I made code i.e. when press "TMDb Info" button it drops this function:

Code:

<variable name="VideoInfoTMDbVar">

<onclick><value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie)">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,add_path=$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath])</value></onclick>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie)">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,add_query=$INFO[ListItem.Label],type=movie,call_auto=1190)</value>
        <!-- <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie)">RunScript(script.embuary.info,call=movie,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</value> -->
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)">RunScript(script.embuary.info,call=tv,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</value>
    </variable>

The basic template from GitHub replacement:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window type="window" id="1190">
    <defaultcontrol always="true">9999</defaultcontrol>
    <controls>
        <include>Global_Background</include>
        <include>Topbar</include>
        <control type="list" id="9999">
            <top>-1000</top>
            <left>-1000</left>
            <width>1</width>
            <height>1</height>
            <itemlayout />
            <focusedlayout />
            <content target="videos">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.Path.Current)]</content>            
        </control>
        <control type="group">
            <visible>Container(9999).IsUpdating</visible>
            <visible>!Window.IsVisible(DialogVideoInfo.xml)</visible>
            <include>Dialog_Busy</include>
        </control>
    </controls>
    <!-- <label>$INFO[Container(1190).ListItemAbsolute(0).Property(rottentomatoes_rating)]</label> -->
    <label>$INFO[Container(9999).ListItem.Title</label>
</window>

What is doing now:

So I have to "select" from the ones I want, I'm sure that is what the query is doing. My expectation was, I already have the movie in focus (where I could hit play), I am looking for it to retrieve from TMDB is to plug in the known TMDB as it is already known in my database, use that number ID, go to TMDB and get the "title" and return it.

So, clearly, I don't fully have a handle on this, what do I have to change or can I "see" some working source code example to show me how to do this "basic" thing to figure out how to use the plugin correctly.

I'm still trying to get a handle on how all this works, so I apologize for the 101 type question.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by kittmaster - 2024-03-07, 16:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2