• 11(current)
Broken TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan
Hey guys, I'm still getting as crash with TVDB scraper when scraping TVShows in using 18.3 with repo version v3.0.16 and fails around 3/4 scraped (tv library) then crashes, has anyone had this issue after the update/rollback?

Edit: now crashing instantly, I've also disabled scrape artwork from TVDB addon config, Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Edit again, seems to have stopped at tv shows title beginning with "The"
@Buzniak

Please provide a Debug Log which captures the scraping and crash.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-07, 10:03)Buzniak Wrote: Hey guys, I'm still getting as crash with TVDB scraper when scraping TVShows in using 18.3 with repo version v3.0.16 and fails around 3/4 scraped (tv library) then crashes, has anyone had this issue after the update/rollback?

Edit: now crashing instantly, I've also disabled scrape artwork from TVDB addon config, Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Have you made sure you've refreshed any shows that were affected by the problem?
(2019-08-07, 10:28)Hitcher Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 10:03)Buzniak Wrote: Hey guys, I'm still getting as crash with TVDB scraper when scraping TVShows in using 18.3 with repo version v3.0.16 and fails around 3/4 scraped (tv library) then crashes, has anyone had this issue after the update/rollback?

Have you made sure you've refreshed any shows that were affected by the problem? 
I've refreshed and even put the TV Shows that failed/crashed into another folder
here's the log:

https://justpaste.it/6vkry

or

https://justpaste.it/25ix9

Thanks guys Smile

I'm no expert, may this be causing the issue?

CSettingsManager: requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found.

If so is there a fix?
Still unsure what was causing my issue of not being able to play/access information from the media list of 2 scraped TV episodes but the episodes I scraped after worked properly and after some tinkering I got the 2 non-working ones to work. So what ever the issue was it has been resolved now. FYI for anyone who might have been looking at that.
For some reason since the crash issue, I can now no longer fetch clearlogo art for some shows and ALL movies through Artwork Beef.  When I manually go to add artwork to a selected title, it gives me options for "poster" and "fanart" only......and occasionally "keyart".  I found it odd that this is happening with movies as the aforementioned crashing issue was TVDB related.  Can anyone shed some light on whether it may have something to do with it?  I've had absolutely no problems fetching clearlogos, etc until the TVDB issue.  Thanks very much.
Well that's odd, its also crashing when scraping TV Shows with TMDB scraper too, man what a major issue as its Kodi's main feature Metadata any help would be very welcome, i have posted logs Smile
@Buzniak

There are a couple of other things happening besides scraping in your log.

xml:
2019-08-07 18:55:45.898 T:3140 DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found.
You have quite a few of these errors, but I cannot see which PVR addon and backend you are using. Are you using a PVR setup? This is the very last entry.

xml:
2019-08-07 18:55:45.950 T:692 DEBUG: Skin Helper Widgets --> Kodi_Monitor: sender xbmc - method: VideoLibrary.OnScanStarted - data: null
Which skin are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-08, 03:31)Karellen Wrote: @Buzniak

There are a couple of other things happening besides scraping in your log.

xml:
2019-08-07 18:55:45.898 T:3140 DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found.
You have quite a few of these errors, but I cannot see which PVR addon and backend you are using. Are you using a PVR setup? This is the very last entry.

xml:
2019-08-07 18:55:45.950 T:692 DEBUG: Skin Helper Widgets --> Kodi_Monitor: sender xbmc - method: VideoLibrary.OnScanStarted - data: null
Which skin are you using?
Hey Karellen, I'm not using any PVR at all, I don't have any PVR addons and everything in Settings/TV is disabled the skin is Aeon MQ8 multi-Mod,  should i temporarily enable default skin ad try to scrape?
(2019-08-08, 04:53)Buzniak Wrote: should i peremptorily enable default skin ad try to scrape
You can certainly try, but those add-ons keep running in the background even if you are not using the skin they are attached to. Give it a try anyway and let me know what happens.

Also, go to Settings>My Addons and browse the PVR addons and disable any that may be active.
My Signature
(2019-08-08, 04:57)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 04:53)Buzniak Wrote: should i peremptorily enable default skin ad try to scrape
You can certainly try, but those add-ons keep running in the background even if you are not using the skin they are attached to. Give it a try anyway and let me know what happens.

Also, go to Settings>My Addons and browse the PVR addons and disable any that may be active.   
I've tried, with no luck, there were no PVR addons enabled or installed and changing to the default skin didn't work either, would a complete delete of all addon in the user folder be recommended? What happens is it will scrape every tv show up to shows starting with "the" (eg) The Simpsons, etc etc... Is there a hard limit on how many TV shows are in one folder? My main TV Show folder has over 700 parent folders or TV Shows
(2019-08-08, 05:05)Buzniak Wrote: 've tried, with no luck, there were no PVR addons enabled or installed and changing to the default skin didn't work either,
Ok.

(2019-08-08, 05:05)Buzniak Wrote: would a complete delete of all addon in the user folder be recommended?
Not yet, but it may eventually come to that. I hope you have exported your library to NFO files for backup purposes.

(2019-08-08, 05:05)Buzniak Wrote: What happens is it will scrape every tv show up to shows starting with "the" (eg) The Simpsons, etc etc
Your previous log was silent on the scraping. There was just a notice that scraping started, but there was no other information. No sources searched for, no tv shows found. Can you enable debug mode again to create a new log. Instead of using the Update Library command, go to Videos>Files>Your Source, then one by one on each show press the i button on a keyboard or Information button on a remote. Keep doing that until it crashes then upload the log. This time can you paste to Kodi Paste Site.

I notice you are using Windows so you also have the ability to use a Portable Install for testing and we might try that next to try narrow down where the crashing is occuring if it occurs on a clean install... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...table_Mode

(2019-08-08, 05:05)Buzniak Wrote: Is there a hard limit on how many TV shows are in one folder? My main TV Show folder has over 700 parent folders or TV Shows
No there is not, but that is quite a lot for one source. There is no rule, but from a maintenance point of view smaller number of tv shows in more sources are easier to manage, quicker to scan.
My Signature
(2019-08-08, 05:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 05:05)Buzniak Wrote: 've tried, with no luck, there were no PVR addons enabled or installed and changing to the default skin didn't work either,
Ok.
(2019-08-08, 05:05)Buzniak Wrote: would a complete delete of all addon in the user folder be recommended?
Not yet, but it may eventually come to that. I hope you have exported your library to NFO files for backup purposes.
(2019-08-08, 05:05)Buzniak Wrote: What happens is it will scrape every tv show up to shows starting with "the" (eg) The Simpsons, etc etc
Your previous log was silent on the scraping. There was just a notice that scraping started, but there was no other information. No sources searched for, no tv shows found. Can you enable debug mode again to create a new log. Instead of using the Update Library command, go to Videos>Files>Your Source, then one by one on each show press the i button on a keyboard or Information button on a remote. Keep doing that until it crashes then upload the log. This time can you paste to Kodi Paste Site.

I notice you are using Windows so you also have the ability to use a Portable Install for testing and we might try that next to try narrow down where the crashing is occuring if it occurs on a clean install... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...table_Mode
(2019-08-08, 05:05)Buzniak Wrote: Is there a hard limit on how many TV shows are in one folder? My main TV Show folder has over 700 parent folders or TV Shows
No there is not, but that is quite a lot for one source. There is no rule, but from a maintenance point of view smaller number of tv shows in more sources are easier to manage, quicker to scan. 

OK, Time to give all of this a shot, I'll report back when i have tried all you have recommended Smile
Quick update, starting complete fresh, from 0% everything, noticed Star Trek Next Gen is taking over 4 hours to scrape just this one series and a tonne of (not responding) in task manager then running and back and forth...Any Ideas why? Anyone have a similar issue?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan6