Minimum Processor (AMD/Intel) that plays HVEC 10bit at 4K in 2019?
Hello.

Will this minimum Intel processor with UHD600 graphics also do HD audio?

What are the differences between HD audio options, if the output used is through HDMI to an AV-receiver (like modern Denon models)? If using analog motherboard outputs will I have HD audio quality?

Thank you.
(2019-08-26, 15:57)alfcruz Wrote: Hello.

Will this minimum Intel processor with UHD600 graphics also do HD audio?

What are the differences between HD audio options, if the output used is through HDMI to an AV-receiver (like modern Denon models)? If using analog motherboard outputs will I have HD audio quality?

Thank you.

Video and audio output options with Intel have got a bit complex of late - as in some implementations the HDMI output from a motherboard is derived not from the HDMI output stages of the CPU+GPU combo, but instead from a native Displayport out of the CPU+GPU, with the Displayport converted to HDMI 2.0 via an LSPCon converter.  This adds an additional link in the chain that needs to support HD Audio, HDR, 3D etc.

So you can end up having to check both what the CPU+GPU can do AND what your motherboard supports too.
(2019-08-03, 20:45)kwanbis Wrote: Hello guys, quick question since I no longer see the build your PC thread. What is the minimum processor, from AMD and Intel, that can play HVEC 10bit at 4k? Thank you!

Why not a VERO + ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2019-08-26, 16:01)noggin Wrote: So you can end up having to check both what the CPU+GPU can do AND what your motherboard supports too. 

Thank you, @noggin.
10bit HEVC is possible with Gemini Lake, only issue is the lack of HDR. No driver support for HDR on Windows, but there's still hope for Linux.
(2019-08-27, 23:08)PANiCnz Wrote: 10bit HEVC is possible with Gemini Lake, only issue is the lack of HDR. No driver support for HDR on Windows, but there's still hope for Linux.

Oh - has someone worked out how to insert HDR info frames ?
(2019-08-27, 23:08)PANiCnz Wrote: 10bit HEVC is possible with Gemini Lake, only issue is the lack of HDR. No driver support for HDR on Windows, but there's still hope for Linux.

Linux HDR info in this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2879140

(2019-08-28, 03:26)wrxtasy Wrote:

Linux HDR info in this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2879140 
Thats great news!  Big Grin
Thanks, gentlemen. I am trying to resist mounting another computer. A small one, this time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimum Processor (AMD/Intel) that plays HVEC 10bit at 4K in 2019?2