Current state of AMD APU Linux support?
Looking for an upgrade to my aging NUC, and would like to go AMD with either a Athlon 200GE or Ryzen 5 2200G/2400G. Can anyone give a quick overview of how stable/mature this platform is under Linux? Is it expected to get 4K HDR support once that is merged into the Linux kernel? Will it do all the other good stuff like x265? audio pass-through? refresh rate switching? etc etc

Any limitations to be aware of?
Pathetic when you don't get a reply, especially when it comes to AMD based systems.
Way too many Wintel lovers killing any competition!
(2019-08-23, 11:24)casey-jones Wrote: Way too many Wintel lovers killing any competition!
Yeah sure, that must be it. Never mind all the cheap Chinese Android boxes floating around.

(2019-08-04, 00:42)PANiCnz Wrote: Can anyone give a quick overview of how stable/mature this platform is under Linux?
One question that needs to be asked: which Linux? As far as I have heard from someone, Ubuntu with all 'latest' drivers works good on a 2200g. Debian, Arch, Fedora could be a different story. LibreELEC should be fine too, but I have no AMD hardware here, so I cannot confirm. You could visit the LE forum for more details.
You completely missed the point about the Wintell sudo monopoly regarding processors. Nothing to do with cheap Chinese boxes which is another story.
(2019-08-23, 12:22)Klojum Wrote: One question that needs to be asked: which Linux? As far as I have heard from someone, Ubuntu with all 'latest' drivers works good on a 2200g. Debian, Arch, Fedora could be a different story. LibreELEC should be fine too, but I have no AMD hardware here, so I cannot confirm. You could visit the LE forum for more details. 
Preference at this stage is LibreELEC, the lack of threads/posts complaining does seem to suggest its fine but would've loved a comprehensive answer.
i run a 2400g for kodi with windows 10 
Ryzen 5 2400G + Ubuntu Linux: on daily computer usage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdts5KxeAHg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Current state of AMD APU Linux support?0