Souping Up a Lenovo M93P Tiny for 4K
Wink 
(2019-08-24, 17:01)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2019-08-24, 14:22)ClippyBeer Wrote: Love the tiny form factor!  Ahh the days when I used to have the patience for modding hardware.  Bummer that Lenovo limits what hardware you can install - on the plus side there are plenty of tiny USB 5 GHz Wifi adapters available.  The one I bought for my Dell has a 3" detachable antenna so probably not going to be suitable for your portable needs.  It suits my needs however because I get a strong signal all the way on the other side of the house and through a wall.

The good news there is that I don't have to use USB, I just have to get a white listed Lenovo 5ghz AC adapter and plenty exist.  Thankfully there's lots of Lenovo laptops and other machines from this era which have have been gutted for parts that are not on the used market. Smile  It'll be about $20 to get that part.  
I just tested a WIFI 6 AX card with a NGFF to PCIE adapter and it works. The simple trick is when you update to the lastest BIOS, for the serial number and model number, type INVALID and that basically allows you to use ANY card. There is an error of 2 beeps when booting up but it doesn't bother me much. Great little nifty trick i read and was totally surprised it works. The NGFF to PCIE adapter also surprisingly works wonders. Hope that helps. Blush

Messages In This Thread
RE: Souping Up a Lenovo M93P Tiny for 4K - by maxsterling2 - 2020-05-24, 19:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Souping Up a Lenovo M93P Tiny for 4K0