Souping Up a Lenovo M93P Tiny for 4K
(2022-09-17, 00:22)gzmanus Wrote: Can some one please advise, I purchased a M93P tiny come with I5-4570T, which is running OK. I rcently upgraded the CPU to I7-4785T, but could not get it working reliable and continuous, it reboots every once a while, and the tiny pc runs hot. putting back the I5 stopped the issue. I just wonder if M93P has a thermal module only designed to cool I5 CPU but not I7. any solution for me to make my PC work with I7 stably like tweaking the BIOS seting on max TDP temperature or finding a better thermal module etc?
machine type : 10AB
Model Number: 0010US

I'm a little bit late, but my M93p has been doing great with an i7 4770S in it for over two years now, running 24/7. I have no heat or power issues, though it idles maybe 85% of the time. The 4770S is a 65w TDP cpu, but as discussed earlier in the thread the motherboard seems to limit current to 45w regardless of the cpu that is installed. I have a very old bios, version FBKT52AUS, date of 09/23/2013. The old bios doesn't cause me any problems, but I read that updating it can cause problems if you skip certain versions, even leading to a bricked board. So I leave mine alone and we're both happy.

So even an over-spec i7 works just fine. I have also seen several with 53w TDP cpus in them running for years and they do fine as well. I would begin to wonder if your i7 4785T is damaged or failing. Or perhaps your power supply is too small? I use a 110w Dell supply on my M93p just because I had one available and it ensures that there is plenty of current for any spikes or whatever. My other Tinys use 65w power supplies but they have the original i5 in them. Hope you get it figured out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Souping Up a Lenovo M93P Tiny for 4K - by DrVlikhell - 2022-11-14, 03:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Souping Up a Lenovo M93P Tiny for 4K0