IPTV simple client - KODI - How to keep channels/group after a restart
Hello,

I tried to find a solution about this problem (and traveled this forum) but i haven't found anything yet to fix this problem.

Everytime i restart my android box (Xiaomi Mi Box) or KODI, i have to load all channels again into IPTV simple client so i lose all all my group channels i created. (basically scratch from 0)

Is there any solution to keep this data locally after a reboot of an android box or a restart of KODI ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

BR,
(2019-08-15, 18:53)AspK Wrote: Hello,

I tried to find a solution about this problem (and traveled this forum) but i haven't found anything yet to fix this problem.

Everytime i restart my android box (Xiaomi Mi Box) or KODI, i have to load all channels again into IPTV simple client so i lose all all my group channels i created. (basically scratch from 0)

Is there any solution to keep this data locally after a reboot of an android box or a restart of KODI ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

BR,

I also have the same issue. We suffer from Power Cuts from time to time and when that occurs all my group/channel settings are lost, it's a real pain.

Pan
Are your channels already sorted into groups in the URL or file that your using ? Rather than you doing it in Kodi live TV settings?
(2019-11-28, 11:04)ontap Wrote: Are your channels already sorted into groups in the URL or file that your using ? Rather than you doing it in Kodi live TV settings?

Hi, 

Mine are, but there are quite a few channels that I do not watch so I disable those channels in the channel manager which helps to declutter my channel listings. But when I reboot Kodi or we suffer a power cut, my preferences/channel settings have disappeared and I have to re-edit my channels once again. 

Regards, 

Pan
If you want to load the channels once from an M3U and never reload them (which would change the order back) then you need to disable synchronise with backend in Kodi PVR settings after they are initially loaded.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2020-02-04, 10:49)phunkyfish Wrote: If you want to load the channels once from an M3U and never reload them (which would change the order back) then you need to disable synchronise with backend in Kodi PVR settings after they are initially loaded.

Interesting, I will try this. Thank you
(2020-02-04, 10:49)phunkyfish Wrote: If you want to load the channels once from an M3U and never reload them (which would change the order back) then you need to disable synchronise with backend in Kodi PVR settings after they are initially loaded.

I have had 'synchronise with backend' disabled over time. I have used nextpvr, ps vue/sling, and iptv simple addons and have had numerous times where some glitch (power outage, crash, or some update) leading to a guide reset, and having to move the channels again. I have found it frustrating but have accepted it as generally not uncommon, appreciating all who developed kodi, and  iptv simple, ps vue, sling addons, and as I have not spent the time to learn how to develop my own m3u & epg.
Hey guys, I have the exact same issue with kodi on AndroidTV. My two philips 65pus8102 and 55pus9104 does some reboot during night and most of the time the next day, my channel groups (created directly in kodi) are gone! Tried it with kodi 18.9 and 19.1,same issue. It's really frustrating.

Yes, the option 'synchronise with backend' is disabled!

I am running Zattoo and IPTV Simple addon.

My though is: Kodi is running, ATV decide to reboot in the night. Kodi has no time to shut down correctly (has TV.db open) which leads to this issue.

Will try to reproduce and get an log.

@clones @AspK and all other which faces this issue, can you please get an debug log?

pOpY
(2021-08-21, 20:55)popy Wrote: Hey guys, I have the exact same issue with kodi on AndroidTV. My two philips 65pus8102 and 55pus9104 does some reboot during night and most of the time the next day, my channel groups (created directly in kodi) are gone! Tried it with kodi 18.9 and 19.1,same issue. It's really frustrating.

Yes, the option 'synchronise with backend' is disabled!

I am running Zattoo and IPTV Simple addon.

My though is: Kodi is running, ATV decide to reboot in the night. Kodi has no time to shut down correctly (has TV.db open) which leads to this issue.

Will try to reproduce and get an log.

@clones @AspK and all other which faces this issue, can you please get an debug log?

pOpY

If you shutdown kodi cleanly and then restart the ATV do the groups stay as you would expect them to?
Yes, the stick. It seems really an unexpected close of kodi lead to this usse (in my case my TV reboot's it'self during night, also @AspK states the on reboot from his Mi Box the issue occur's).

To get around this i did some further testing:
  • Install wakelock v3 on my philips tv so it does'nt reboot during night -> issue solved for a few days
  • Removed wakelock v3 again (so it does reboot again during night) and set kodi to exit after 15min's of idle time (settings -> system -> energy saver)...
    ... this test is currently running...
I want to stick with he reboot each night, because if i prevent it, the tv set has other issues (stuttering audio after a few days... and so...).
If that work's i can disable the "15min idle exit" in kodi to get an log.

So here is my question to the dev's: why this can happen. Is the TV.db held open in kodi all the time? Should'nt that happen with SQLITE?

Thanks a lot
(2021-08-22, 15:07)popy Wrote: Yes, the stick. It seems really an unexpected close of kodi lead to this usse (in my case my TV reboot's it'self during night, also @AspK states the on reboot from his Mi Box the issue occur's).

To get around this i did some further testing:
  • Install wakelock v3 on my philips tv so it does'nt reboot during night -> issue solved for a few days
  • Removed wakelock v3 again (so it does reboot again during night) and set kodi to exit after 15min's of idle time (settings -> system -> energy saver)...
    ... this test is currently running...
I want to stick with he reboot each night, because if i prevent it, the tv set has other issues (stuttering audio after a few days... and so...).
If that work's i can disable the "15min idle exit" in kodi to get an log.

So here is my question to the dev's: why this can happen. Is the TV.db held open in kodi all the time? Should'nt that happen with SQLITE?

Thanks a lot

I’m not sure at all. @ksooo any ideas?
Thx for pinging ksooo. All ideas are welcome.

A little update from me, had the test mentioned above running on two TVs. One had the issue today. But this time the groups was not empty, rather the channels was just randomized in order and most of them jumped between groups.

As mentioned above, I had the issue that the groups just was empty. All the options to sync channel numbers and groups are disabled.

Have now activated debug log without osd in advancedsettings on both TVs and instructed my wife that she should tell me when groups are messed up.

Hope to get an useful log. Sadly, that's all in kodi 18.9 because I have too much other troubles with v19. 1. When I get an log, I hope this also helps for v19.

pOpY
@phunkyfish @ksooo 
Issue occured this night and i can reproduce it!

The TV rebooted in the night and after reboot kodi was started (dont kow why but the log is from 04:XX where nobody was watching tv).
After reading the log i saw that ethernet was down during start of kodi. Yes my shitty TV is disabling the ethernet interface after 10 min in standby.
On starting from the PVR clients IPTV Simple wanted to download the m3u and Zattoo to login, which both failed.

Now that i know how it happens, i have restored the TV32.db, unplugged Ethernet and started kodi -> same issue and no channels, also the log is full from:

Code:

2021-08-24 19:17:47.818 T:15832   ERROR: AddOnLog: Zattoo PVR Client: Initialize session failed.
2021-08-24 19:17:47.818 T:15832   DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - QueueNotification - Zattoo PVR Client - Error Message : ''
2021-08-24 19:17:47.818 T:15832   DEBUG: Calling TransferSettings for: Zattoo PVR Client
2021-08-24 19:17:47.819 T:15832  NOTICE: PVR Manager: Starting
2021-08-24 19:17:47.819 T:15868   DEBUG: Thread PVRManager start, auto delete: false
2021-08-24 19:17:47.822 T:15869   DEBUG: Thread PVRGUIProgressHandler start, auto delete: true
2021-08-24 19:17:47.831 T:15868    INFO: Deleted TV channel 'ORF1 HD' from group 'Alle Kanäle'
2021-08-24 19:17:47.831 T:15868    INFO: Deleted TV channel 'ORF2 HD' from group 'Alle Kanäle'
2021-08-24 19:17:47.832 T:15868    INFO: Deleted TV channel 'Orf III HD' from group 'Alle Kanäle'
2021-08-24 19:17:47.832 T:15868    INFO: Deleted TV channel 'ATV HD' from group 'Alle Kanäle'
2021-08-24 19:17:47.832 T:15868    INFO: Deleted TV channel 'ATV 2 HD' from group 'Alle Kanäle'
2021-08-24 19:17:47.832 T:15868    INFO: Deleted TV channel 'Puls4 HD' from group 'Alle Kanäle'

So i think here the issue happens!

Complete Log, when starting kodi offline: https://paste.kodi.tv/ulahucelaz.kodi
And the complete log of the next start, online again: https://paste.kodi.tv/iqejavewol.kodi

What do you think of my findings?
Can you please take a look at the logs?
Is there a way to deactivate "auto delete: true"? Got it from the code, the flag is from the thread handling

Thank you

PS.: dont know if it's an IPTV Simple client issue, Zattoo client issue or an kodi issue. But because it happend to other users here just using IPTV Simple, maybe it's an kodi issue.
A little update on this. I have gave up on manual channel groups for now, no matter what i do, when kodi was offline and started and then restarted with network, groups are messed up.
I have now the following settings:
  • Synchronise channel groups with backend(s): false
  • Use channel order from backend(s): true
I deleted all my settings (epg.db & tv.db) and restarted kodi.
This way there is just the "All channels" groups but when kodi is started offline and restarted online, the sorting of the "All channels" group stays the same.

Sadly, no matter what i do, the channel map to the groups get's messed up if there are manually added and mapped channel groups.

Can please a dev look into it?

Thank you
If you are running libreElec you have the option to wait for network. Not sure if there is an equivalent to regular kodi.

Unless you are running kodi matrix and that is what the above results are on you would need to at least be running that.

Ideally we would fix this issue on master first (so nexus) and if possible port the fix back. Bear in mind the groups handling changes a lot in matrix and again in nexus so backporting assuming we find a fix could be tricky.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV simple client - KODI - How to keep channels/group after a restart0