XBMC for Windows rev 13859 does not work on XP SP3
I'm running a fully-patched XP SP3 machine. 13859 installs like a charm, but when I start it just dies with the "XBMC has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." error.

The complaint is that some memory location could not be written.

I've saved the file that would have been sent to microsoft if anyone wants to see it.

Thanks,

/ji
i have xbmc this revision running like a charm on my sp3.

my pc is pentium4 3ghz

Dam0
works for me on sp3!!
Mines running on SP3 also
Try running it fullscreen. XBMC won't start windowed on my XP SP3-machine (fresh install), but running it fullscreen works like a charm.
Both fullscreen and windowed works like a charm for me on XP SP3.
debug log (search the manual for "Debug Log" to find the instuctions how to collect it).

PS! Do you have the very latest graphics device drivers for you graphic controller? Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I already have the debug log; it's some 35K, I probably shouldn't post it here, should I?
Gamester17 Wrote:search the manual for "Debug Log" to find the instuctions how to collect it
instructions where and how to post it is of corse in the manual as well Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows rev 13859 does not work on XP SP30