• 28(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
Hi Lunatix,
I erroneously assigned a couple of channels I created to the wrong channel group, but PseudoTV Live didn't seem to like it very much when I went back into the channel manager and edited each channel to the correct group. The channel manager accepted the edit fine and I could see the channels building from the notification at the top of screen, but they never appeared in the EPG. I shut-down Kodi and waited a few minutes then re-started, but there was still no sign of the channel(s).
After doing this 2-3 times, I went back into the channel manager and found that the edited channel(s) had actually been removed completely. Once I added them again, everything worked with the correct channel groups.
I was just curious to know if users should be able to edit/make changes like this once the channels have been created or if what I observed is the expected behaviour, ie any edits done will cause the channel to be removed?
Just letting you know in case you wasn't aware of this.
(2020-09-03, 21:09)Dumyat Wrote: Hi Lunatix,
I erroneously assigned a couple of channels I created to the wrong channel group, but PseudoTV Live didn't seem to like it very much when I went back into the channel manager and edited each channel to the correct group. The channel manager accepted the edit fine and I could see the channels building from the notification at the top of screen, but they never appeared in the EPG. I shut-down Kodi and waited a few minutes then re-started, but there was still no sign of the channel(s).
After doing this 2-3 times, I went back into the channel manager and found that the edited channel(s) had actually been removed completely. Once I added them again, everything worked with the correct channel groups.
I was just curious to know if users should be able to edit/make changes like this once the channels have been created or if what I observed is the expected behaviour, ie any edits done will cause the channel to be removed?
Can you duplicate this issue again? if so, can you please break down this task into repeatable steps. THX
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-09-04, 15:08)Lunatixz Wrote:
Can you duplicate this issue again? if so, can you please break down this task into repeatable steps. THX
Yeah, I was able to duplicate again today. These are the steps I followed:-

1) Opened Channel Manager via the PTVL settings
2) Scrolled down to channel 97 and pressed OK to create new channel.
3) Selected Star Wars Channel.xsp as the playlist I wanted to use for this channel.
4) Selected US Networks as the Content/Channel Group.
5) Selected save when existing Channel Manager.
6) Existed Kodi and waited 3-4 mins before re-starting.
7) Once re-started I went to the EPG screen and could see Star Wars Channel listed under the 'US Networks' Group (Which I now want to change)
8) Opened Channel Manager via the PTVL settings
9) Scrolled down to channel 97 and pressed OK, then clicked channel group and deselected 'US Networks' and selected  'Films'
10) Selected save when existing Channel Manager.
11) Existed Kodi and waited 3-4 mins before re-starting.
12) Once re-started I went to the EPG screen to see if Star Wars Channel was appearing and in the correct group now (Films), but channel was not appearing.
13) Existed Kodi and waited another 3-4 mins before re-starting, but channel still not appearing.
14) Opened Channel Manager via the PTVL settings
15) Scrolled down to channel 97 and could see that Star Wars Channel had been removed completely, as channel was empty.
16) Created Star Wars Channel again and assigned the correct Channel Group (Films)
17) Clicked Ok and selected save when existing Channel Manager.
18) Existed Kodi and waited 3-4 mins before re-starting.
19) Once re-started I went to the EPG screen and could see that Star Wars Channel was now appearing and assigned to the correct channel group (Films)

Think that covers exactly what I did. Hope it helps.
Cheers
(2020-09-05, 16:40)Dumyat Wrote:
(2020-09-04, 15:08)Lunatixz Wrote:
Yeah, I was able to duplicate again today. These are the steps I followed:-

1) Opened Channel Manager via the PTVL settings
2) Scrolled down to channel 97 and pressed OK to create new channel.
3) Selected Star Wars Channel.xsp as the playlist I wanted to use for this channel.
4) Selected US Networks as the Content/Channel Group.
5) Selected save when existing Channel Manager.
6) Existed Kodi and waited 3-4 mins before re-starting.
7) Once re-started I went to the EPG screen and could see Star Wars Channel listed under the 'US Networks' Group (Which I now want to change)
8) Opened Channel Manager via the PTVL settings
9) Scrolled down to channel 97 and pressed OK, then clicked channel group and deselected 'US Networks' and selected  'Films'
10) Selected save when existing Channel Manager.
11) Existed Kodi and waited 3-4 mins before re-starting.
12) Once re-started I went to the EPG screen to see if Star Wars Channel was appearing and in the correct group now (Films), but channel was not appearing.
13) Existed Kodi and waited another 3-4 mins before re-starting, but channel still not appearing.
14) Opened Channel Manager via the PTVL settings
15) Scrolled down to channel 97 and could see that Star Wars Channel had been removed completely, as channel was empty.
16) Created Star Wars Channel again and assigned the correct Channel Group (Films)
17) Clicked Ok and selected save when existing Channel Manager.
18) Existed Kodi and waited 3-4 mins before re-starting.
19) Once re-started I went to the EPG screen and could see that Star Wars Channel was now appearing and assigned to the correct channel group (Films)

Think that covers exactly what I did. Hope it helps.
Cheers
Thanks, I was able to repeat it... I'll look into it.
(2020-08-27, 20:29)Dumyat Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 19:21)Lunatixz Wrote: Custom logos, be sure to place them in the correct folder... you might have missed the changelog where the folder moved to cache/logos. They are case-sensitive and must be *.png format.
I know I've mentioned previously about the logo's not appearing on the OSD. I did some more digging around for info last week. Player.icon is used on the Estuary OSD and for that label, thumb images take precedence over the icon image. I think that's why the channel logo only appears momentarily when switching channel.
Problem solved. For those interested, by using:-
xml:
$INFO[Player.Art(icon)]
It will return the actual channel logo on the OSD and not disrupt displaying the LiveTV logo's either. Don't ask me why this should behave differently to using 'Player.icon', but it does. I'm not complaining though..... Smile
Hi,

Just wondered how users are creating their channels?

I've created three for Amazon, Netflix and Disney+ using the watchlist/my list from each addon. This works but each tv series (in the respective watchlist) is shown in its entirety i.e. the Netflix channel will show the whole of the Away series, followed by both seasons of The Umbrella Academy. Rather than the genre/studios channels which will play the series in order, but mix up the tv shows.

Is there a way to mix up the shows, but keep them playing in episode order?

Equally, thinking more of the genre type channels that we've had for a few weeks, but could be user-defined if need be - can the tv episodes as well as shows be randomised? We have channels like a nature channel or a comedy channel where the shows don't need to be watched in order and it would be a bit more entertaining if they were more mixed up.

I might well have this wrong, but I seem to remember from PTVL years ago that you could start back where you left off previously i.e. if watching episode 1 of a tv show, the next time you go onto the guide the next available episode would be number 2. As I write this, I can't see how this can be done, but I seem to remember something like this happening - is this possible?

And lastly, sorry for all the questions, but if anyone has any examples of how they are creating channels, that would be great?

Many thanks
Any lingering issues in the current build that haven't been addressed? Please let me know of any issues before I began the next phase of BETA features (Advanced Channel Rules). THX
(2020-09-22, 16:48)Lunatixz Wrote: Any lingering issues in the current build that haven't been addressed? Please let me know of any issues before I began the next phase of BETA features (Advanced Channel Rules). THX

Is the channel bug showing up for a few seconds every once in while expected behavior or a bug? It is the only "issue" I'm having at all at this point (and frankly I'm completely fine with it.)
(2020-09-22, 18:45)jctennis Wrote:
(2020-09-22, 16:48)Lunatixz Wrote: Any lingering issues in the current build that haven't been addressed? Please let me know of any issues before I began the next phase of BETA features (Advanced Channel Rules). THX

Is the channel bug showing up for a few seconds every once in while expected behavior or a bug? It is the only "issue" I'm having at all at this point (and frankly I'm completely fine with it.)
Yes, this is normal behavior. It's designed to mimic LiveTV were the logo appears briefly... So not to distract from the show.

Any issues with the channel manager? are channels building via different sources? Playback and context options functioning? THX
(2020-09-22, 19:18)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-09-22, 18:45)jctennis Wrote:

Yes, this is normal behavior. It's designed to mimic LiveTV were the logo appears briefly... So not to distract from the show.

Any issues with the channel manager? are channels building via different sources? Playback and context options functioning? THX

In that case, everything is working as expected for me using a 2017 Nvidia shield with channels created from Youtube channels and playlists as well as local files stored on a remote computer (although still on my home network.) No issues whatsoever.
I occasionally test this plugin out but have had almost zero luck getting channels to show up and even when they do, the guide is always empty. Ive tried using both local files as sources and also Emby Con with the same results. Ive let Kodi sit idle for hours after adding a channel with no luck.

Not sure what Im doing wrong?

Logs:

https://paste.kodi.tv/davezonifu.kodi
(2020-09-25, 16:03)Hardax Wrote: I occasionally test this plugin out but have had almost zero luck getting channels to show up and even when they do, the guide is always empty. Ive tried using both local files as sources and also Emby Con with the same results. Ive let Kodi sit idle for hours after adding a channel with no luck.

Not sure what Im doing wrong?

Logs:

https://paste.kodi.tv/davezonifu.kodi
Your log is missing debugging information, please enable debugging in Kodi and resubmit THX
One Tip: Make sure if you have playlists whose total content is longer than a day or more to set the max guide data setting in PTVL in 7 days.  I having some problems with it building some channels, and saw this saw this message in the Kodi log, so I changed from 1 to the 7 day max and seems to have fixed it.

"plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.2.1-Builder: getFileList, id: 3138302e6d6f6e737465722e3c6d6435@PseudoTVLive programmes exceed MAX_DAYS: endtime = 1601445650.0"
The last couple of days the shows are not automatically playing after the current one finishes. Is there a known issue there or do you need a log? This is happening with on the Nvidia Shield with files stored on a samba share on our network and with YouTube based channels. (Normally I would just get one and submit it, but I am away on business and my wife is reporting the issue. I can talk her through getting a log but it'll be a chore)
(2020-09-29, 02:18)ThorC1138 Wrote: One Tip: Make sure if you have playlists whose total content is longer than a day or more to set the max guide data setting in PTVL in 7 days.  I having some problems with it building some channels, and saw this saw this message in the Kodi log, so I changed from 1 to the 7 day max and seems to have fixed it.

"plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.2.1-Builder: getFileList, id: 3138302e6d6f6e737465722e3c6d6435@PseudoTVLive programmes exceed MAX_DAYS: endtime = 1601445650.0"

I would recommend you set all smart playlist limits to all, I believe that's a limit of "0".

PseudoTV Live already handles pagination and automatically parses the correct meta inorder to append more content at a future time. Limiting the playlists will negatively effect parsing behavior; sorting, ordering and randomness...
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4