• 43(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2021-02-20, 22:43)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 21:56)mrdally204 Wrote: I'm having a difficult time trying to enable multiroom support.  The system I want to use as the server is a Shield TV running Kodi 19 final with mysql backend for library.

"Under PseudoTV Live's settings "Options" change the file location to a shared path" 

This option is always grayed out for me.  I cannot figure out how to make it enabled.  I have tried with channels already defined, I have cleared configuration and started over.  Can someone please assist?

(2021-01-22, 19:27)Lunatixz Wrote: ...I'm also planning to temporarily disable changing PseudoTV Lives paths, in-case this boils down to write permission issues. Which this plugin is not responsible for.
Thanks for the speedy reply. Do you plan on allowing this customization again any time soon? It really is a killer feature to be able to watch tv in any room of the house and have the same content on 😎
(2021-02-20, 22:46)mrdally204 Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 21:56)mrdally204 Wrote: I'm having a difficult time trying to enable multiroom support.  The system I want to use as the server is a Shield TV running Kodi 19 final with mysql backend for library.

"Under PseudoTV Live's settings "Options" change the file location to a shared path" 

This option is always grayed out for me.  I cannot figure out how to make it enabled.  I have tried with channels already defined, I have cleared configuration and started over.  Can someone please assist?

(2021-01-22, 19:27)Lunatixz Wrote: ...I'm also planning to temporarily disable changing PseudoTV Lives paths, in-case this boils down to write permission issues. Which this plugin is not responsible for.
Thanks for the speedy reply. Do you plan on allowing this customization again any time soon? It really is a killer feature to be able to watch tv in any room of the house and have the same content on 😎
Yes... soon
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-02-20, 22:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
Yes... soon

Fantastic. If you need assistance in testing/ proving the changes before pushing it out to the masses feel free to tag me in!
(2021-02-20, 22:49)mrdally204 Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 22:46)mrdally204 Wrote: Thanks for the speedy reply. Do you plan on allowing this customization again any time soon? It really is a killer feature to be able to watch tv in any room of the house and have the same content on 😎
Yes... soon

Fantastic. If you need assistance in testing/ proving the changes before pushing it out to the masses feel free to tag me in!
Thanks; however, it's an open beta... if you have my beta repo installed you're using the latest. Once "stable" I'll submit it to Kodi's repository and continue making beta updates to my repo...
I've hit this particular issue twice today.  I have set up custom channels based on library metadata (ABC,NBC,CBS, etc.) and everything scanned wonderfully and I was able to jump right in.  After a few consecutive shows playback stopped.  I tried other "channels" in the list but they each errored out.  After quitting Kodi and coming back in, PseudoTV prompted me about a lack of any channels.  It looks like all of my custom channels were lost somehow.  The link below is to my log following the latest incident. Thanks.
Hi,
I've been trying to add live Youtube streams as channels using channel manager. But when I search for videos, it just shows "next page". It doesn't show any youtube videos. Am I doing something wrong?
I'm sure I properly configured the youtube addon.

Here's the log:  bevozecega.kodi (paste)

I've used the old version for over a year. It's great stuff. But the old version isn't compatible with Matrix, so I've been trying to figure out this new version.
(2021-02-26, 23:34)cowscrubber Wrote: Hi,
I've been trying to add live Youtube streams as channels using channel manager. But when I search for videos, it just shows "next page". It doesn't show any youtube videos. Am I doing something wrong?

I've used the old version for over a year. It's great stuff. But the old version isn't compatible with Matrix, so I've been trying to figure out this new version.
What do you mean by Youtube Streams? If you are speaking of "Live" content ie a single "Link" to a single "stream" this isn't currently possible within the manager...

If you are speaking in regards to a Youtube "Channel" or "Playlist" this should work properly as long as duration data is provided for the content.

In-Short, PseudoTV Live currently only supports directories; NOT single items. The reason you see "Next_Page" and not a list of items; is because it's a directory.  If added the current directory would be converted into a single channel made up of items in that directory....

If you want to add a single live stream/feed/etc to PseudoTV Live that should be handled with either a third-party utility, plugin, or create your own m3u with matching xmltv data and import it to PseudoTV Live.

In the future... I may add support for the usage of a single item/url/etc, however for now this was a source of confusion in my prior project PseudoTV Live v.0.8.x.
(2021-02-21, 05:01)mrdally204 Wrote: I've hit this particular issue twice today.  I have set up custom channels based on library metadata (ABC,NBC,CBS, etc.) and everything scanned wonderfully and I was able to jump right in.  After a few consecutive shows playback stopped.  I tried other "channels" in the list but they each errored out.  After quitting Kodi and coming back in, PseudoTV prompted me about a lack of any channels.  It looks like all of my custom channels were lost somehow.  The link below is to my log following the latest incident. Thanks.

https://pastebin.com/EFsMaVZ7
I was able to recreate this issue.
Launch Pseudotv live for first time
Set the channels through the config
Once the channels are set and scanned, start watching a channel.
After multiple episodes, playback stops. All channels are now gone.

If I set the channels and let it scan to completion, then exit kodi, come back, the channels persist as expected.

The key for me seems to be adding the channels and then watching for an extended period of time without exiting kodi.

Let me know if this helps, more than happy to test other scenarios.
(2021-02-27, 00:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-02-26, 23:34)cowscrubber Wrote: Hi,

What do you mean by Youtube Streams? If you are speaking of "Live" content ie a single "Link" to a single "stream" this isn't currently possible within the manager...

If you are speaking in regards to a Youtube "Channel" or "Playlist" this should work properly as long as duration data is provided for the content.

In-Short, PseudoTV Live currently only supports directories; NOT single items. The reason you see "Next_Page" and not a list of items; is because it's a directory.  If added the current directory would be converted into a single channel made up of items in that directory....

If you want to add a single live stream/feed/etc to PseudoTV Live that should be handled with either a third-party utility, plugin, or create your own m3u with matching xmltv data and import it to PseudoTV Live.

In the future... I may add support for the usage of a single item/url/etc, however for now this was a source of confusion in my prior project PseudoTV Live v.0.8.x.

Thanks for the fast response!
Yes, by "streams" I meant a single video.
Thanks also for your suggestion. I'll probably end up making my own m3u, but I'll try to look for a third-party utility.
Yes... soon

Centralized file location and multiple clients working swell for me so far in latest update. It's frigging awesome 😎
Hi Lunatixz.The problem I have is that when the title & the plot of a movie or a show are in Greek they are not visible at all.The show plays fine but when I press info I can't see the plot and the title of the show.Here is a nfo of a Greek show to test at your end.

Thanks
(2021-02-28, 20:21)tromy Wrote: Hi Lunatixz.The problem I have is that when the title & the plot of a movie or a show are in Greek they are not visible at all.The show plays fine but when I press info I can't see the plot and the title of the show.Here is a nfo of a Greek show to test at your end.

Thanks

To help me narrow down the problem area... Please open your xml, m3u generate from PseudoTV. Are the greek characters present?
I am getting dependency errors says resource.video.commercials.sample, resource.videos.trailers.sample are not available tried both install methods but failed with this error when i try to install the pseudiotvlive app in  your beta repo under arch linux.
(2021-02-28, 23:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-02-28, 20:21)tromy Wrote: Hi Lunatixz.The problem I have is that when the title & the plot of a movie or a show are in Greek they are not visible at all.The show plays fine but when I press info I can't see the plot and the title of the show.Here is a nfo of a Greek show to test at your end.

Thanks

To help me narrow down the problem area... Please open your xml, m3u generate from PseudoTV. Are the greek characters present?
The Greek characters aren't present in the m3u file.
(2021-03-01, 11:36)landerson Wrote: I am getting dependency errors says resource.video.commercials.sample, resource.videos.trailers.sample are not available tried both install methods but failed with this error when i try to install the pseudiotvlive app in  your beta repo under arch linux.

never mind did fresh install kodi fixed issue.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4