• 29(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
Well, i took the plunge this weekend and upgraded my living system to 19 alpha and am now using PTVL full time. 117 channels of custom playlists fusing local media sources, and no major issues to report thus far! 

Just a couple questions:

If I modify a playlist to add/remove content, when will PTVL update the channel?  Will that happen only after the current playlist has finished playing all the previous content?  Is there a way to have it refresh the content on demand?

Can the intermittent channel bug display be disabled?  I don't care for it personally and would like an option to remove it, or only display initially when switching to the channel.

THanks!
Oh one other observation  - are channel logs cached somewhere else beside the default cache\logo directory?  I am finding that I cannot change to a new logo for an existing channel, even if I clear the individual channel configuration and recreate it using a different png that had the the same name.

e.g.  I have a playlist "DC Movies", and created a channel with same name, and placed "DC Movies.png"  in the logo folder.  No problem.  But then I decided to try a different logo, so I put a new "DC Movies.png"  in the logo folder.  PTVL never shows me the new logo in the EPG, even after clearing that channel's config and reloading it.  I eventually had to just create a new playlist, channel and log file to get it to change.
(2020-10-05, 19:11)ThorC1138 Wrote: Well, i took the plunge this weekend and upgraded my living system to 19 alpha and am now using PTVL full time. 117 channels of custom playlists fusing local media sources, and no major issues to report thus far! 

Just a couple questions:

If I modify a playlist to add/remove content, when will PTVL update the channel?  Will that happen only after the current playlist has finished playing all the previous content?  Is there a way to have it refresh the content on demand?

Can the intermittent channel bug display be disabled?  I don't care for it personally and would like an option to remove it, or only display initially when switching to the channel.

THanks!

Channel background service runs hourly, and only appends new content to the end of the existing list of programs. Depending on your settings guidedata days and the amount of content available for that channel. You might have to wait several days.

Disabling channel bug will be available as an advanced rule; coming soon!!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-10-05, 19:22)ThorC1138 Wrote: Oh one other observation  - are channel logs cached somewhere else beside the default cache\logo directory?  I am finding that I cannot change to a new logo for an existing channel, even if I clear the individual channel configuration and recreate it using a different png that had the the same name.

e.g.  I have a playlist "DC Movies", and created a channel with same name, and placed "DC Movies.png"  in the logo folder.  No problem.  But then I decided to try a different logo, so I put a new "DC Movies.png"  in the logo folder.  PTVL never shows me the new logo in the EPG, even after clearing that channel's config and reloading it.  I eventually had to just create a new playlist, channel and log file to get it to change.
Custom channel logos are referenced in the m3u generated by PseudoTV. You have to wait for the hourly update for new logos to apply.

If you added the logo to the correct folder it should be added automatically, if not send log. THX
I've discovered a few bugs regarding multi-room sharing... I'm holding off on feature updates until I can correct these issues. Updates coming shortly, THX

As always I'd like user feedback, downtime between feature updates is the perfect time for me to address any existing issues or persistent bugs... feel free to let me know!
One thing I have noticed is there was an update to the IPTV Simple client a few days ago and my channel switches are now taking maybe 4-5 seconds since that happened. Previously, channel switches were very snappy and almost immediate. I have also increased the number of days for the guide data from 1 to 3 which seems to have improved the overall range of content for my movie channels. Previously, I was seeing quite a few of the same movies appearing in the guide each day. Would increasing amount of days impact in any way on speed of the channel switches?
Is the repository down? I keep getting "could not connect to repository" I'd love to help test.

*Edit* Never mind it's working now after the update.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
I am noticing a weird issue, not repeatable thus far, wondering if anyone else is seeing this?  

When playing a playlist of media, it will stop randomly in the middle of the playlist, and the PVR starts up at whatever channel it was last playing?  It's happened 4 or 5 times in the past few days - I'll be playing a playlist of random Looney Tunes or TV show episodes separately, direct from shortcuts I put on the Kodi menu, and at some point (I'm not always in the room when this happens) the playlist stops, and the last PVR channel that was on before quitting is now playing?  I think it might also be changing channels unprompted as well, but haven't confirmed.

I haven't used the PVR mode prior to this new release of PTVL, and I suspect this isn't really a PTVL issue, but it's weird and just wondering if any other PTVL users are encountering this.  Off to search the PVR threads and see if this is mentioned there.
(2020-10-13, 01:02)ThorC1138 Wrote: I am noticing a weird issue, not repeatable thus far, wondering if anyone else is seeing this?  

When playing a playlist of media, it will stop randomly in the middle of the playlist, and the PVR starts up at whatever channel it was last playing?  It's happened 4 or 5 times in the past few days - I'll be playing a playlist of random Looney Tunes or TV show episodes separately, direct from shortcuts I put on the Kodi menu, and at some point (I'm not always in the room when this happens) the playlist stops, and the last PVR channel that was on before quitting is now playing?  I think it might also be changing channels unprompted as well, but haven't confirmed.

I haven't used the PVR mode prior to this new release of PTVL, and I suspect this isn't really a PTVL issue, but it's weird and just wondering if any other PTVL users are encountering this.  Off to search the PVR threads and see if this is mentioned there.

It's a bug in PseudoTV I patched it already, however I failed to push the update. I'm working out some issues with M3U imports and Multi room sharing. Expect an update later this week. THX
Hopefully someone who understands the inner workings of how this works can help me figure something out. I am working on building some channels using a few streaming addons. Right now I have a bunch of channels from popcornflix that are built from the movie genres and they work great. I then tried to add a couple of tv show channels from the tv section (the channel would only play one show 24/7) and those channels don't seem to work. Using the Crackle addon I can create those single show channels. Anyone have any idea why one works and not the other? I'd love to get some insight on it.
Updated to v.2.2a.

Some format changes, if you experience issues I recommend a "clean start"... remove existing m3u/xmltv.

Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Pseudo...ngelog.txt
Trying to do a clean install.

Getting 404 errors on both repository links?
(2020-10-23, 15:34)Hardax Wrote: Trying to do a clean install.

Getting 404 errors on both repository links?

Repo is up... sig link fixed
I can get the Pseudo TV repo to install but when I go to install from the Pseudo TV repository it cannot connect. Quitting and restarting Kodi results in the Pseudo TV repository to disappear.
(2020-10-26, 22:24)Hardax Wrote: I can get the Pseudo TV repo to install but when I go to install from the Pseudo TV repository it cannot connect. Quitting and restarting Kodi results in the Pseudo TV repository to disappear.
That is NOT atypical Kodi behavior; I'd look into your system/network and how you have Kodi configured.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4