• 33(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2020-12-05, 05:07)jctennis Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 04:37)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 02:35)jctennis Wrote: Another issue cropped up as well. I was trying to ad a YouTube playlist using the channel manager and after selecting Video> Addon > YouTube kodi will crash every time.

Log.old: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LoIyyab...p=drivesdk
Logs show issues with youtube, not Pseudo... most likely the crash starts there.

I'm experiencing that same behavior using other addons as well. I've tested using the Travel Channel addon and Crackle as well. There does not seem to be any problems adding smart playlists or directories with the channel manager, only video addons.

Here is a log after trying to add the Travel Channel addon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lohh11y...p=drivesdk

Odd, the same type of behavior as youtube... I can't reproduce the issue on my end, So I'll speculate that some systems can't handle the aggressive meta parsing PseudoTV does when browsing another plugin which crashes the system. I'll adjust the meta polling on my end; however, until I can reproduce the issue... this is the only remedy I can think of.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-12-05, 19:18)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 05:07)jctennis Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 04:37)Lunatixz Wrote: Logs show issues with youtube, not Pseudo... most likely the crash starts there.

I'm experiencing that same behavior using other addons as well. I've tested using the Travel Channel addon and Crackle as well. There does not seem to be any problems adding smart playlists or directories with the channel manager, only video addons.

Here is a log after trying to add the Travel Channel addon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lohh11y...p=drivesdk

Odd, the same type of behavior as youtube... I can't reproduce the issue on my end, So I'll speculate that some systems can't handle the aggressive meta parsing PseudoTV does when browsing another plugin which crashes the system. I'll adjust the meta polling on my end; however, until I can reproduce the issue... this is the only remedy I can think of.

Fair enough. Any idea what is causing pseudo channels to not advance to the next episode? I should have mentioned I am using the PVR callback method not the playlist method.
(2020-12-05, 19:22)jctennis Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 19:18)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 05:07)jctennis Wrote: I'm experiencing that same behavior using other addons as well. I've tested using the Travel Channel addon and Crackle as well. There does not seem to be any problems adding smart playlists or directories with the channel manager, only video addons.

Fair enough. Any idea what is causing pseudo channels to not advance to the next episode? I should have mentioned I am using the PVR callback method not the playlist method.
Yes, it was a bug in my code, already fixed... going to push the update tonight.
Kodi is still crashing on my when trying to build channels using addons. I went ahead and did a fresh install with nothing but Pluto TV, Pseudo TV, YouTube and just some of my movies scraped so I know nothing else is causing issues.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MWZhnGc...p=drivesdk
Today, Pseudotv is randomly throwing up an error. It says to see the log. I don't know what I'm looking at.

LOG: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OAhiv_9...p=drivesdk
(2020-12-10, 17:07)jctennis Wrote: Today, Pseudotv is randomly throwing up an error. It says to see the log. I don't know what I'm looking at.

I noticed it is happening to me also when l am using the new Kodi betas and the new nightlies, l have downgraded to the alpha and it seems more stable.  I don't know why. Luna please assist.
(2020-12-12, 16:11)tsakiblue Wrote:
(2020-12-10, 17:07)jctennis Wrote: Today, Pseudotv is randomly throwing up an error. It says to see the log. I don't know what I'm looking at.

I noticed it is happening to me also when l am using the new Kodi betas and the new nightlies, l have downgraded to the alpha and it seems more stable.  I don't know why. Luna please assist.

log?
(2020-12-12, 19:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-12-12, 16:11)tsakiblue Wrote:

log?
It was my fault l had not deleted the XML file after upgrading. I will upload the logs next time. Thank you.
Updated to v.0.2.4b

-Fixed major bug causing EPG cells to appear incorrectly and/or at the wrong times. 
-Corrected a bug introduced in v.0.2.4a that removed "custom" channels.
Is that custom channel bug you mention what is causing the EPG to always number the channels starting from 1 and up, rather that the channel numbers specified in the PTVL settings (despite having that enabled in the PVR settings)
Oh I also wanted to say channel changing in 0.2.4 is super fast now, amazing!
(2020-12-14, 20:54)ThorC1138 Wrote: Is that custom channel bug you mention what is causing the EPG to always number the channels starting from 1 and up, rather that the channel numbers specified in the PTVL settings (despite having that enabled in the PVR settings)

No, Custom channels (channels created in the channel manager). Were removed from PseudoTV's channels.json during periodic channel updates... should be fixed now!

As for channel numbers/ordering.... anything to do with channel ordering is handled by Kodi's PVR, you'll have to check your settings. There are a few that yield different results.

If you want to sync "channel order", channel numbers from PseudoTV Live are ignored but the ordering is maintained.
If you want the exact channel numbers from PseudoTV to reflect onscreen, you'll have to enable syncing order and numbering from the backend.

I believe any changes will require you to clear data from the same PVR settings menu.
(2020-12-14, 21:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-12-14, 20:54)ThorC1138 Wrote: Is that custom channel bug you mention what is causing the EPG to always number the channels starting from 1 and up, rather that the channel numbers specified in the PTVL settings (despite having that enabled in the PVR settings)

No, Custom channels (channels created in the channel manager). Were removed from PseudoTV's channels.json during periodic channel updates... should be fixed now!

As for channel numbers/ordering.... anything to do with channel ordering is handled by Kodi's PVR, you'll have to check your settings. There are a few that yield different results.

If you want to sync "channel order", channel numbers from PseudoTV Live are ignored but the ordering is maintained.
If you want the exact channel numbers from PseudoTV to reflect onscreen, you'll have to enable syncing order and numbering from the backend.

I believe any changes will require you to clear data from the same PVR settings menu.
@ThorC1138 Also make sure in IPTV simples settings that you disable "Only Number by Order"
watch gallery

If nostalgia is your thing... The upcoming "Advanced Channel Rules" allow for per channel screen overlays with video/image aspect control! and automatic Daytime/Nighttime images (note overlay brightness & glow). Custom resource packs will make getting started easy.
Re:  The channel numbering fix in IPTV, the "only number by order" setting does reset them all back to the PTVL numbering, thanks for that tip, but it looks like it doesn't remain off if you close Kodi, I have to disable it again after each restart.   

Something else that I really need is how to preserve my custom channels so that I can easily reload all my 100+ channels after cleans/reinstalls, or after crashes where they all get lost.  Do we have the equivalent of the "settings2.xml" file in this version that we can easily swap back into place when needed?
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4