• 34(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2020-12-17, 15:35)ThorC1138 Wrote: Re:  The channel numbering fix in IPTV, the "only number by order" setting does reset them all back to the PTVL numbering, thanks for that tip, but it looks like it doesn't remain off if you close Kodi, I have to disable it again after each restart.   

Something else that I really need is how to preserve my custom channels so that I can easily reload all my 100+ channels after cleans/reinstalls, or after crashes where they all get lost.  Do we have the equivalent of the "settings2.xml" file in this version that we can easily swap back into place when needed?
Crashes where channel data is lost?? that's odd behavior, that I would like to correct. Next time it happens please send me both the current and "old" Kodi log from the event. THX

As for backups, Sorry this is a beta and I know it's a pain to start over building channels but the need arises when the current channel schema changes. I'll be more clear when it is required and what files need to be "cleaned" to avoid removing channels.

Please understand it's a PITA now, however, the ultimate goal is rock-solid dependability!

BTW the next update will fix the issue with the PVR channel order setting reverting on its own. Disabling this option will restore channel numbers.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Please participate in the Thread poll above, THX!
Speaking of crashes, I am still getting the kodi crashes when trying to add channels from addons. Do you want me to grab another log?

I do think the meta data parsing might be overloading the system, but I am running on a 2017 Nvidia Shield so I am surprised it can't seem to handle the strain. It isn't like it is an underpowered device.

Once that issue is sorted it will be pretty rock solid for me.
(2020-12-17, 18:54)jctennis Wrote: Speaking of crashes, I am still getting the kodi crashes when trying to add channels from addons. Do you want me to grab another log?

I do think the meta data parsing might be overloading the system, but I am running on a 2017 Nvidia Shield so I am surprised it can't seem to handle the strain. It isn't like it is an underpowered device.

Once that issue is sorted it will be pretty rock solid for me.

I'm also running a Shield as a test platform and do not see the crashes when browsing plugins...

I changed the timing for the meta parser, it's now at a respectable 2secs which isn't as accurate as I would like... anything more, and the data may be inaccurate and not worth parsing. 

Can only suspect that perhaps there is another 'service' type plugin running on your system and the two create instability? Thanks for keeping me updated, log isn't necessary for this issue.
When l add more channels (local playlists) via channel manager, they get saved but get deleted when PseudoTv Live updates, l am not sure if the channel numbers settings were responsible for that.
(2020-12-17, 23:09)tsakiblue Wrote: When l add more channels (local playlists) via channel manager, they get saved but get deleted when PseudoTv Live updates, l am not sure if the channel numbers settings were responsible for that.
That is similar to what I am seeing, but Ive had more success with just adding 5-6 channels at a time, then doing a clear/re-add in Kodi's PVR settings, and then doing a clean exit out of Kodi.  Rinse, Repeat.
(2020-12-18, 00:07)ThorC1138 Wrote:
(2020-12-17, 23:09)tsakiblue Wrote: When l add more channels (local playlists) via channel manager, they get saved but get deleted when PseudoTv Live updates, l am not sure if the channel numbers settings were responsible for that.
That is similar to what I am seeing, but Ive had more success with just adding 5-6 channels at a time, then doing a clear/re-add in Kodi's PVR settings, and then doing a clean exit out of Kodi.  Rinse, Repeat.
Try v.0.2.4c let me know if you still have issues. I'm only concerned with channels removing themselves from your channels.json config... This is not normal behavior. As for m3u/xmltv channels come and go based on content availability.
I'm working on a fix for custom channels removing themselves during updates... hopefully, I'll have an update tonight.
Hello Luna, I have noticed that when you are starting the plugin sometimes it gets stuck collecting  Tv shows ( I guess it is based on the amount of media in the library) and will not allow you to autotune the channels. It's like a hit and miss thing.
Hey, I've been messing about with this all day. Movies are working perfectly, but with TV shows, I'm having issues. I've read through the entire comments and can't find a solution except the duration parsing, which I can't see an option for. TV Shows refuse to add, originally I was getting a "duration not found" error. I think I've solved that, but now I get a path doesn't exist error. HOWEVER, if I just watch a bit of an episode of a season of a show, then PseudoTV will accept it, but only for that season. It's like I have to play an episode of something manually for PseudoTV to recognize it and accept it.
Custom channel numbering setting in IPTV all good now, also wanted to report my issues with the short-duration content cartoon channels are gone as well, it's tracking those smoothly with no blank info.  New channel adding also stable.    Been rock solid all day in testing!
I'm running into a new issue. I tried to switch from using the hdhomerun pvr backend to having Pseudotv import an m3u and I can't seem to get it to build the m3u channels. I tried the same m3u and xml on the IPTV simple backend by itself and it seemed to work ok.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S38yx34...p=drivesdk
Is there a way to get the channel bug logos to appear on whatever video I'm watching like the older versions?
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2020-12-27, 01:05)LupinSansei Wrote: Is there a way to get the channel bug logos to appear on whatever video I'm watching like the older versions?

Channel bug will appear per channel if overlay is enabled in settings. PseudoTV will turn the channel bug on only when Kodi user control is idle and you are playing a PseudoTV channel.

Channel bug self toggles visibility and is not always on to avoid screen burn in.
(2020-12-27, 02:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 01:05)LupinSansei Wrote: Is there a way to get the channel bug logos to appear on whatever video I'm watching like the older versions?

Channel bug will appear per channel if overlay is enabled in settings. PseudoTV will turn the channel bug on only when Kodi user control is idle and you are playing a PseudoTV channel.

Channel bug self toggles visibility and is not always on to avoid screen burn in.
Oh cool thanks for the info! That makes sense. Is there a way to keep it on? I understand the screen burn in it can cause.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4