• 36(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2021-01-13, 19:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-13, 15:40)mwkurt Wrote: Lunatixz,

Was wondering if you were able to tell us what the future "Channel Rules" will be once they are enabled?

Thanks,
Mark

I've written a number of them which will be released cumulatively... The first few are simple rules to switch settings on and off, for example. Disable seeking ("PseudoTV effect"), Disable Channel Bug, etc...

Then more advanced rules... ie. data manipulation. Sorting rules that let you filter specific content from channels, inject/interleave other sources into a single channel.

Down the road, some scheduling features will be added...

Is there a specific rule you're looking for?
Play watched only - Play random and being able to set certain show to only play on certain days are top of my list!
(2021-01-13, 20:51)Hardax Wrote:

Was wondering if you were able to tell us what the future "Channel Rules" will be once they are enabled?

Thanks,
Mark

I've written a number of them which will be released cumulatively... The first few are simple rules to switch settings on and off, for example. Disable seeking ("PseudoTV effect"), Disable Channel Bug, etc...

Then more advanced rules... ie. data manipulation. Sorting rules that let you filter specific content from channels, inject/interleave other sources into a single channel.

Play watched only - Play random and being able to set certain show to only play on certain days are top of my list!
Play watched, random yep... advanced scheduling is down the road.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Imports does not seem to be working for me. I am trying to use an m3u from my hdhomerun. Here is a log as well as the m3u and xmltv.xml https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1...UJNNq0LDoc
(2021-01-14, 02:18)jctennis Wrote: Imports does not seem to be working for me. I am trying to use an m3u from my hdhomerun. Here is a log as well as the m3u and xmltv.xml https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1...UJNNq0LDoc

Thanks, fixed in the next update...
(2021-01-14, 03:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 02:18)jctennis Wrote: Imports does not seem to be working for me. I am trying to use an m3u from my hdhomerun. Here is a log as well as the m3u and xmltv.xml https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1...UJNNq0LDoc

Thanks, fixed in the next update...

Always appreciated, my friend. Thank you.

Thanks,
Mark

Played unwatched in aired order. The ability to pause a channel. Interleave channels.

Thank you,
Mark
(2021-01-14, 13:18)mwkurt Wrote:

Thanks,
Mark

Played unwatched in aired order. The ability to pause a channel. Interleave channels.

Thank you,
Mark
Unwatched, interleaving... but I'm not sure about "pause". I'll have to ponder if it's possible within the current framework.
(2021-01-14, 21:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 13:18)mwkurt Wrote:
(2021-01-13, 19:15)Lunatixz Wrote: I've written a number of them which will be released cumulatively... The first few are simple rules to switch settings on and off, for example. Disable seeking ("PseudoTV effect"), Disable Channel Bug, etc...

Thank you,
Mark
Unwatched, interleaving... but I'm not sure about "pause". I'll have to ponder if it's possible within the current framework.

Whatever you can work out would be great!

Thanks,
Mark
(2021-01-14, 22:25)mwkurt Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 21:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 13:18)mwkurt Wrote: Played unwatched in aired order. The ability to pause a channel. Interleave channels.

Thank you,
Mark

Thanks,
Mark
Thanks, however, I've been thinking about it...

The amount of work needed to write a rule to 'pause'/'resume' a channel akin to the original pseudotv is not something I'll be tackling anytime soon; if at all! It's a headache that requires a few core rewrites along with an adv. rule set.

Gain vs. reward isn't there for me... sorry. The original PseudoTV core is completely different then this project. The org. was a script that you started and stopped and which created a static playlist for each channel. This makes it easy to identify a position within a playlist and a time at which you stopped watching, in our case playlists are dynamic and the project is running to fill meta in the background.... ie. I would have to write a massive amount of logging functions to retain static playlists and positions. Static playlists translate to lengthy-long load/shutdown times... Something I specifically avoided when I started this project Smile
Just allowed a Pseudo TV update to "E" and now the channel section of the settings page is grayed out. Cant select or set. up any channels. Was a clean start required for this update? Was running what ever was the latest yesterday. Info screen that pops up when an update is applied doesn't indicate the need for a clean start?

Logs:

https://paste.kodi.tv/geqisijewo.kodi
(2021-01-14, 22:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 22:25)mwkurt Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 21:15)Lunatixz Wrote: No problemUnwatched, interleaving... but I'm not sure about "pause". I'll have to ponder if it's possible within the current framework.

Thanks,
Mark
Thanks, however, I've been thinking about it...

The amount of work needed to write a rule to 'pause'/'resume' a channel akin to the original pseudotv is not something I'll be tackling anytime soon; if at all! It's a headache that requires a few core rewrites along with an adv. rule set.

Gain vs. reward isn't there for me... sorry. The original PseudoTV core is completely different then this project. The org. was a script that you started and stopped and which created a static playlist for each channel. This makes it easy to identify a position within a playlist and a time at which you stopped watching, in our case playlists are dynamic and the project is running to fill meta in the background.... ie. I would have to write a massive amount of logging functions to retain static playlists and positions. Static playlists translate to lengthy-long load/shutdown times... Something I specifically avoided when I started this project Smile

No problem. Thanks for all that you are doing with this.

Mark
I decided to do a clean install of the latest Matrix nightly and I got everything setup except when going to TV Kodi keeps saying I need a tuner/back-end software. Sorry if I missed a step? I couldn't find anything.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2021-01-20, 23:07)LupinSansei Wrote: I decided to do a clean install of the latest Matrix nightly and I got everything setup except when going to TV Kodi keeps saying I need a tuner/back-end software. Sorry if I missed a step? I couldn't find anything.

Did you install IPTV simple?
(2021-01-21, 01:55)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-01-20, 23:07)LupinSansei Wrote: I decided to do a clean install of the latest Matrix nightly and I got everything setup except when going to TV Kodi keeps saying I need a tuner/back-end software. Sorry if I missed a step? I couldn't find anything.

Did you install IPTV simple?
That did the trick! Didn't think about installing that.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2021-01-15, 17:26)Hardax Wrote: Just allowed a Pseudo TV update to "E" and now the channel section of the settings page is grayed out. Cant select or set. up any channels. Was a clean start required for this update? Was running what ever was the latest yesterday. Info screen that pops up when an update is applied doesn't indicate the need for a clean start?

Logs:

https://paste.kodi.tv/geqisijewo.kodi
I'm new to this party but this is exactly what's happening to me. I found that if go to options > enter custom channel groups, it redirects me to the now functional channel manager. However when I enter in a channel, I have to exit in a very precise way for the channel to save, and then it doesn't show up in my channel list/guide. Then when I go back into the channel manager (which sometimes I can only do by repeating the first process) the channel is no longer saved. So far I have seen this program working in all it glory with the pre-built channels, but i have not been able to make any sort of custom channel.
I have done several clean installs of Kodi and every combination of resetting, rebuilding, rebooting, etc that I could think of over the past few days.

A quick aside since this is the first time I'm posting here; I'm a big fan of this project and have followed it off and on for some time. Big thank you to lunatixz for all you do for this project that I hope is a labor of love!
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4