• 37(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2021-01-22, 03:22)Gorodos Wrote:
(2021-01-15, 17:26)Hardax Wrote: Just allowed a Pseudo TV update to "E" and now the channel section of the settings page is grayed out. Cant select or set. up any channels. Was a clean start required for this update? Was running what ever was the latest yesterday. Info screen that pops up when an update is applied doesn't indicate the need for a clean start?

Logs:

https://paste.kodi.tv/geqisijewo.kodi
I'm new to this party but this is exactly what's happening to me. I found that if go to options > enter custom channel groups, it redirects me to the now functional channel manager. However when I enter in a channel, I have to exit in a very precise way for the channel to save, and then it doesn't show up in my channel list/guide. Then when I go back into the channel manager (which sometimes I can only do by repeating the first process) the channel is no longer saved. So far I have seen this program working in all it glory with the pre-built channels, but i have not been able to make any sort of custom channel.
I have done several clean installs of Kodi and every combination of resetting, rebuilding, rebooting, etc that I could think of over the past few days.

A quick aside since this is the first time I'm posting here; I'm a big fan of this project and have followed it off and on for some time. Big thank you to lunatixz for all you do for this project that I hope is a labor of love!
Log? THX
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-01-22, 04:46)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-22, 03:22)Gorodos Wrote:
(2021-01-15, 17:26)Hardax Wrote: Just allowed a Pseudo TV update to "E" and now the channel section of the settings page is grayed out. Cant select or set. up any channels. Was a clean start required for this update? Was running what ever was the latest yesterday. Info screen that pops up when an update is applied doesn't indicate the need for a clean start?

Logs:

https://paste.kodi.tv/geqisijewo.kodi
I'm new to this party but this is exactly what's happening to me. I found that if go to options > enter custom channel groups, it redirects me to the now functional channel manager. However when I enter in a channel, I have to exit in a very precise way for the channel to save, and then it doesn't show up in my channel list/guide. Then when I go back into the channel manager (which sometimes I can only do by repeating the first process) the channel is no longer saved. So far I have seen this program working in all it glory with the pre-built channels, but i have not been able to make any sort of custom channel.
I have done several clean installs of Kodi and every combination of resetting, rebuilding, rebooting, etc that I could think of over the past few days.

A quick aside since this is the first time I'm posting here; I'm a big fan of this project and have followed it off and on for some time. Big thank you to lunatixz for all you do for this project that I hope is a labor of love!
Log? THX
@Lunatixz just a heads up that my logs for this same problem are on post #535.
(2021-01-22, 17:48)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-01-22, 04:46)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-22, 03:22)Gorodos Wrote: I'm new to this party but this is exactly what's happening to me. I found that if go to options > enter custom channel groups, it redirects me to the now functional channel manager. However when I enter in a channel, I have to exit in a very precise way for the channel to save, and then it doesn't show up in my channel list/guide. Then when I go back into the channel manager (which sometimes I can only do by repeating the first process) the channel is no longer saved. So far I have seen this program working in all it glory with the pre-built channels, but i have not been able to make any sort of custom channel.

Log? THX

I'm not seeing any standouts in your log. As I see it there are no similarities between what you are describing and @Gorodos issues.

@Gorodos needs to post a log, until then I'm going to consider many of his issues unique to his setup. I have not had issues adding custom channels, and can not replicate clicking enter custom channel group, which ends up opening the channel manager. I can also not replicate saving issues.

Make sure you start clean, close Kodi; delete all files associated with PseudoTV Live, settings.xml, library.json, channels.json, pseudotv.m3u, pseudotv.xmltv... 

I'm also planning to temporarily disable changing PseudoTV Lives paths, in-case this boils down to write permission issues. Which this plugin is not responsible for.

New logs maybe helpful so please, if you encounter an error post them... THX

If items are "Greyed out" here is the explanation found in the PseudoTV Live thread:
Quote:Settings are dim and unselectable. Some settings require content to operate (ex. Selecting TV Networks require your library have TV Content). There are also actions that can not simultaneously run while PseudoTV background tasks are performed (ie. If you wait for tasks to finish, settings will become selectable). If you experience an error message and your settings are now unselectable. Either reboot Kodi, or disable/enable PseudoTV Live to temporarily fix, and be sure to report your error with a log.
(2021-01-22, 19:27)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-22, 17:48)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-01-22, 04:46)Lunatixz Wrote: Log? THX

I'm not seeing any standouts in your log. As I see it there are no similarities between what you are describing and @Gorodos issues.

@Gorodos needs to post a log, until then I'm going to consider many of his issues unique to his setup. I have not had issues adding custom channels, and can not replicate clicking enter custom channel group, which ends up opening the channel manager. I can also not replicate saving issues.

Make sure you start clean, close Kodi; delete all files associated with PseudoTV Live, settings.xml, library.json, channels.json, pseudotv.m3u, pseudotv.xmltv... 

I'm also planning to temporarily disable changing PseudoTV Lives paths, in-case this boils down to write permission issues. Which this plugin is not responsible for.

If items are "Greyed out" here is the explanation found in the PseudoTV Live thread:
Quote:Settings are dim and unselectable. Some settings require content to operate (ex. Selecting TV Networks require your library have TV Content). There are also actions that can not simultaneously run while PseudoTV background tasks are performed (ie. If you wait for tasks to finish, settings will become selectable). If you experience an error message and your settings are now unselectable. Either reboot Kodi, or disable/enable PseudoTV Live to temporarily fix, and be sure to report your error with a log.
I did try an fresh install of my entire setup (removed Kodi completely and started over). 

Disappointed that my logs revealed nothing as @Gorodos description sounds exactly like mine. If I go into the setting section via the information screen I can get into the custom configuration but it never saves upon exiting. I reverted back to a previous Pseudo TV version (cant recall what at the moment, "G" perhaps?) and all is working again. It definitely started with "E".
(2021-01-22, 19:45)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-01-22, 19:27)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-22, 17:48)Hardax Wrote: @Lunatixz just a heads up that my logs for this same problem are on post #535.

I did try an fresh install of my entire setup (removed Kodi completely and started over). 

Disappointed that my logs revealed nothing as @Gorodos description sounds exactly like mine. If I go into the setting section via the information screen I can get into the custom configuration but it never saves upon exiting. I reverted back to a previous Pseudo TV version (cant recall what at the moment, "G" perhaps?) and all is working again. It definitely started with "E".
The only issue I see with your log is the m3u its loading is malformed... looks like you have Predefined channels starting at channel 1 which isn't possible. Channels 1-999 are internally reserved for custom channels....
This should resolve itself if you start clean, maybe post another log? also be sure to NEVER manually edit any of PseudoTV Lives files and or run them through any third-party programs. You must consider the m3u/xmltv the master and any modifications either handled through PseudoTV lives UI or run independent M3U/XMLTV processing on a third-party list and use PseudoTV Lives import option to integrate that list into Pseudo...
I am also having issues trying to create custom channels with the latest version. Same issue, create channels, save, opened the channel manager back up and they are gone.

In addition to that, m3u importing is still not working (which according to your change long, I may have to wait until 2.6 for a fix)

Channels are also not automatically loading the next episode. There is also a notification in the upper right hand corner that stalls out loading media for PTVL.

Log 1 showing the custom channel issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bxPMR7Z...p=drivesdk

Log 2 showing the channel not progressing and the notification stalling out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c-dd1q_...p=drivesdk
I know this is a stupid question, but where is the log file stored?
(2021-01-23, 03:05)jctennis Wrote: I am also having issues trying to create custom channels with the latest version. Same issue, create channels, save, opened the channel manager back up and they are gone.

In addition to that, m3u importing is still not working (which according to your change long, I may have to wait until 2.6 for a fix)

Channels are also not automatically loading the next episode. There is also a notification in the upper right hand corner that stalls out loading media for PTVL.

Log 1 showing the custom channel issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bxPMR7Z...p=drivesdk

Log 2 showing the channel not progressing and the notification stalling out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c-dd1q_...p=drivesdk
Maybe the repo version was not pushed properly and perhaps contains old code? I'm not seeing any of these issues on my end.

I'll push an update now to reinforce the code package. FYI with this version temporarily Pluto.TV will not be imported via PseudoTV Live... However, Locast and ChannelsDVR are unaffected.

::Update::
Looks like there were some missing changes in the last update, Please test v.0.2.5f THX
I'll add that on my recent test I only have a small handful of movies in my library because I did this several times and my library is fairly massive. I'm going to do a completely fresh install tonight, add all my media, and then try it again.
Does it matter if IPTV is installed before PTVL or vice-versa?
(2021-01-23, 03:53)Gorodos Wrote: I'll add that on my recent test I only have a small handful of movies in my library because I did this several times and my library is fairly massive. I'm going to do a completely fresh install tonight, add all my media, and then try it again.
Does it matter if IPTV is installed before PTVL or vice-versa?

Make sure to install v.0.2.5f, IPTV simple is a dependency of PTVL. So it should come first.
Yep. Looks like a completely different story today. I'll play with it a bit today and see what's what. Thanks!
(2021-01-23, 03:51)Lunatixz Wrote: Maybe the repo version was not pushed properly and perhaps contains old code? I'm not seeing any of these issues on my end.

I'll push an update now to reinforce the code package. FYI with this version temporarily Pluto.TV will not be imported via PseudoTV Live... However, Locast and ChannelsDVR are unaffected.

Looks like there were some missing changes in the last update, Please test v.0.2.5f THX
Everything seems to be working for me now, with the exception of m3u importing and pluto importing which are obviously known issues.
(2021-01-23, 19:33)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-01-23, 03:51)Lunatixz Wrote: Maybe the repo version was not pushed properly and perhaps contains old code? I'm not seeing any of these issues on my end.

Everything seems to be working for me now, with the exception of m3u importing and pluto importing which are obviously known issues.
Great! sorry about that, somewhere the 'live' code vs. my current state became out of sync... I've been busy porting my 20+ video addons to Matrix! Somewhere things got crossed.

Please thoroughly test this build to make sure all custom channels can be built and predefined channels are stable and not disappearing! I'd really like to get started pushing the adv. rule updates.

BTW I'm working now to update Pluto.TV to bring back import support.
@Lunatixz 
I'm just back on Matrix since New Year, after a couple months break.
Couple of things I've noticed, which don't appear to have been reported by anybody else looking at the recent posts:-
1) Every time I start Kodi, after a few seconds all of my PVR widgets disappear from the screen for a second or two on the PVR home screen. Then PTVL starts importing channels, but then does the same thing again. Seems to do a similar thing if I enter the TV Channels screen after starting Kodi, with the channels disappearing for a split second, then doing the same thing maybe 20-30 seconds later. Things do settle down eventually and I'm able use everything normally, but wasn't sure if this was a PTVL or Kodi bug? I'm sure I read a post fairly recently where a user was reporting channel data disappearing for a few seconds on the TV Channel screen when starting up Kodi so maybe this particular issue is related more to Kodi than PTVL. Is anybody else seeing this same behaviour when they start Kodi?

2) I was curious to see if the live channels on the Discovery+ addon would work if I created an M3U file and included a link to the guide data. Unfortunately, PTVL didn't seem to want to import my M3U file, but I tried the same file and guide data by just changing the settings on the IPTV Simple settings, and the channel worked straight away (I only included 1 channel on the M3U as a test).

I'll try and update this post later with a proper log, but when I tried attaching one earlier I kept getting some nonsense pop-up from Pastebin saying their smart filters had identified inappropriate/offending material being included in my log so couldn't create a paste. Quite odd, since I only have the You Tube, Discovery+, PTVL Live and PVR's addons installed. Quite annoying that they don't even tell you what the offending material actually is either......
Oh, and thanks for adding the option to display artwork in either poster or landscape format......Much appreciated  Smile
(2021-01-24, 21:47)Dumyat Wrote: @Lunatixz 
I'm just back on Matrix since New Year, after a couple months break.
Couple of things I've noticed, which don't appear to have been reported by anybody else looking at the recent posts:-
1) Every time I start Kodi, after a few seconds all of my PVR widgets disappear from the screen for a second or two on the PVR home screen. Then PTVL starts importing channels, but then does the same thing again. Seems to do a similar thing if I enter the TV Channels screen after starting Kodi, with the channels disappearing for a split second, then doing the same thing maybe 20-30 seconds later. Things do settle down eventually and I'm able use everything normally, but wasn't sure if this was a PTVL or Kodi bug? I'm sure I read a post fairly recently where a user was reporting channel data disappearing for a few seconds on the TV Channel screen when starting up Kodi so maybe this particular issue is related more to Kodi than PTVL. Is anybody else seeing this same behaviour when they start Kodi?

2) I was curious to see if the live channels on the Discovery+ addon would work if I created an M3U file and included a link to the guide data. Unfortunately, PTVL didn't seem to want to import my M3U file, but I tried the same file and guide data by just changing the settings on the IPTV Simple settings, and the channel worked straight away (I only included 1 channel on the M3U as a test).

I'll try and update this post later with a proper log, but when I tried attaching one earlier I kept getting some nonsense pop-up from Pastebin saying their smart filters had identified inappropriate/offending material being included in my log so couldn't create a paste. Quite odd, since I only have the You Tube, Discovery+, PTVL Live and PVR's addons installed. Quite annoying that they don't even tell you what the offending material actually is either......
Oh, and thanks for adding the option to display artwork in either poster or landscape format......Much appreciated  Smile

Welcome back!

1) Not sure I understand the problem... a log with some details will be required.

2) YES! Discovery+ recently added support for the same method i'm using in my other plugins... https://github.com/add-ons/service.iptv....-766367596 
However, in order to make import seamlessly integrated into PseudoTV, a few extremely small tweaks need to be made to the Discovery+ code.

Expect an update today to fix some importing issues.

Had a moment so I created a PR to Discovery+ to support PseudoTV Live, its up to the dev if he wants to add my changes.
https://github.com/Dis90/plugin.video.di...us/pull/15
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4