• 53(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
I know I need to get you logs but wanted to point out that the latest update has caused PseudoTV to crash near the end of playback of an episode (shows an informational pop up stating that it has failed). Episode is able to finish playing but then a new blue splash screen appears stating that "you are watching TBS..." for example and gets stuck there. I have to force quit Kodi as there seems to be no way to get out of that splash screen. Note that I have all the extra little bells and whistles turned off.
What would be running in background at the 20 second mark for PTVL related services in these newer versions, if you start playing local media direct from Kodi, or simply playing a Kodi radio station?

Ive turned off all overlays, etc, and still with PTVL enabled, most repeatable symptom is just playing a radio station direct from Kodi, with PTVL enabled, once the initial station song/info disappears, after 20 seconds, it pops back up and flickers on/off until you clear it with back, etc.  Then 20 seconds later same thing.   But then I into PTVL settings and disable it, go back to Kodi and play that radio station, and no issues.   

Is there something new with the next up service, or whatever "Live Logos" is, that would be messing with the regular UI outside of PTVL?
(2021-04-29, 17:43)ThorC1138 Wrote: What would be running in background at the 20 second mark for PTVL related services in these newer versions, if you start playing local media direct from Kodi, or simply playing a Kodi radio station?

Ive turned off all overlays, etc, and still with PTVL enabled, most repeatable symptom is just playing a radio station direct from Kodi, with PTVL enabled, once the initial station song/info disappears, after 20 seconds, it pops back up and flickers on/off until you clear it with back, etc.  Then 20 seconds later same thing.   But then I into PTVL settings and disable it, go back to Kodi and play that radio station, and no issues.   

Is there something new with the next up service, or whatever "Live Logos" is, that would be messing with the regular UI outside of PTVL?

Nothing should be affected outside of PseudoTV; however, radio stations are part of the PVR system so there could be a conflict.

I've tested the latest code... playing both PTVL and NON-PTVL content without issue; so a log will be helpful to debug. Try installing v.0.2.9d and reboot Kodi after the update to assure the old code was removed. THX
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
9d update fixed it, so Im all good, thanks!!
(2021-04-29, 20:08)ThorC1138 Wrote: 9d update fixed it, so Im all good, thanks!!

I guess I spoke a little too soon. No more playback issues, but after running in PTVL for a bit, then stopping it and playing a local media playlist of cartoons, the info screen will appear at the start of playback for each item in the playlist, and must be cleared manually.

And as before, disabling PTVL from settings fixes this and normal playlist behavior returns.
(2021-04-30, 02:18)ThorC1138 Wrote:
(2021-04-29, 20:08)ThorC1138 Wrote: 9d update fixed it, so Im all good, thanks!!

the info screen will appear at the start of playback for each item in the playlist, and must be cleared manually.
which info screen? can you take a screenshot? if you are referring to the bottom info bar, this isn't controlled by PTVL only Kodi. All PseudoTV controls and menus are passive; No OSD's are called...

Can you post a log?
No custom channels are playing for me. They keep stating there is an add-on error. The channels that have been imported from Hdhomerun and pluto seem to be ok. I took a log and while I was trying channels out Kodi crashed as well. Don't know if that part is PTVL related or not.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K-l-OlJ...p=drivesdk
(2021-04-30, 21:22)jctennis Wrote: No custom channels are playing for me. They keep stating there is an add-on error. The channels that have been imported from Hdhomerun and pluto seem to be ok. I took a log and while I was trying channels out Kodi crashed as well. Don't know if that part is PTVL related or not.

Something is wrong with Kodis PVR meta... try deleting Pseudo's M3U and XMLTV file, let them rebuild (automatically). Enter Kodis LiveTV settings and clear guidedata and channel data. This should fix the issue...
(2021-04-30, 22:52)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 21:22)jctennis Wrote: No custom channels are playing for me. They keep stating there is an add-on error. The channels that have been imported from Hdhomerun and pluto seem to be ok. I took a log and while I was trying channels out Kodi crashed as well. Don't know if that part is PTVL related or not.

Something is wrong with Kodis PVR meta... try deleting Pseudo's M3U and XMLTV file, let them rebuild (automatically). Enter Kodis LiveTV settings and clear guidedata and channel data. This should fix the issue...
I followed your steps and it didn't help. I tried killing Kodi and wiped out the m3u and xml before starting it up and that didn't help either. Here is another log. While logging I killed the m3u and xml and deleted the pvr data. The issue persists

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KSqqNB1...p=drivesdk
(2021-05-01, 02:38)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 22:52)Lunatixz Wrote:

I followed your steps and it didn't help. I tried killing Kodi and wiped out the m3u and xml before starting it up and that didn't help either. Here is another log. While logging I killed the m3u and xml and deleted the pvr data. The issue persists

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KSqqNB1...p=drivesdk
It seems to have something to do with imported channels. I uninstalled PTVL (I didn't clear the data though. I just deleted the m3u and xml after I uninstalled) and then cleared the data from the PVR. I rebooted Kodi and then my channels rebuilt and worked when I installed PTVL again. The HDHomerun and Pluto channels didn't show up so I enabled them in the settings. Those channels built and then they worked but the custom channels built from YouTube and my own media stopped working with the error again.
I saw there was an update with 9e, and that fixed the issues i was having with local media playlists, and all my channel logos reappeared today as well and it's grabbing new ones immediately on the config screen and in the epg when adding new channels, so I'm back in business now.  

Thanks again for all your efforts with this!
More errors. As I previously stated, all channels will work until I enable Pluto and Hdhomerun Simple. It is the weirdest damn thing.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KpKNnV6...p=drivesdk
Hello, I have been testing the addon but it seems it uses like 12gigs of ram out of 16 from the system and everything becomes slow after that, am l the only one facing this?
Also, l have tried to use different processor settings in the app but no change.
Has anyone ever encountered a weird behavior where PTVL causes stuttering/refresh rate strangeness horizontally across Kodi? Just curious if this is a known issue.

After one of the recent-ish updates to the add-on (I can't place exactly which one, but within the last week and 1/2 certainly), I started to notice weirdness with video playback. I would have a sort of almost 'rhythmic' stutter, where every two seconds or so, the video would jump back a fraction of a second. Audio would play uninterrupted, so it was almost like the video was re-syncing with the audio. This happened when playing high-quality video on a PTVL channel as well as just playing that media in Kodi directly, but seemed to be less common (maybe nonexistent?) on old SD content. In fact, if I had any of that problematic media playing but paused, I would ALSO see Kodi's OSD flickering/blinking at pretty much the same frequency of every couple seconds. But with media stopped, the regular menu was normal.

It was similar to something I used to encounter with YouTube playback in the browser, which I remembered fixing by disabling the browser's hardware acceleration flag, so I disabled hardware acceleration in Kodi to try to see if that would help but no dice. After trying a couple other things, I went ahead and uninstalled PTVL as it was one of the only recent changes I could think of, and the problem completely went away.

Is it possible PTVL has some background process which runs constantly and could be causing this?
(2021-05-02, 22:13)the_3 Wrote: Has anyone ever encountered a weird behavior where PTVL causes stuttering/refresh rate strangeness horizontally across Kodi? Just curious if this is a known issue.

After one of the recent-ish updates to the add-on (I can't place exactly which one, but within the last week and 1/2 certainly), I started to notice weirdness with video playback. I would have a sort of almost 'rhythmic' stutter, where every two seconds or so, the video would jump back a fraction of a second. Audio would play uninterrupted, so it was almost like the video was re-syncing with the audio. This happened when playing high-quality video on a PTVL channel as well as just playing that media in Kodi directly, but seemed to be less common (maybe nonexistent?) on old SD content. In fact, if I had any of that problematic media playing but paused, I would ALSO see Kodi's OSD flickering/blinking at pretty much the same frequency of every couple seconds. But with media stopped, the regular menu was normal.

It was similar to something I used to encounter with YouTube playback in the browser, which I remembered fixing by disabling the browser's hardware acceleration flag, so I disabled hardware acceleration in Kodi to try to see if that would help but no dice. After trying a couple other things, I went ahead and uninstalled PTVL as it was one of the only recent changes I could think of, and the problem completely went away.

Is it possible PTVL has some background process which runs constantly and could be causing this?
try 9e, i had this exact issue, see my posts above..
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4