• 62(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
My feedback on the poll......as someone who has 4k HDR and 3d audio content in my library, I have to use the Playlist option if I want true passthrough so to me the other option is not one that should be used at all.  Not really preference at that point personally, its most about making sure Kodi is playing files the way they are supposed to be played.  Coming from much older PTVL versions this was never a thing to worry about but I understand its part of the PVR part now.  So IMO it should either default to playlist or just always use playlist and don't give the users the option to change it.  Unless of course theres another reason to use the other option but the primary use case of PTVL to me is making channels out of my own local files which should have precedence over streaming apps etc...  Again just my opinion, if I have something in high quality I want to play it in the same high quality.
(2021-07-12, 18:12)shakuyi Wrote: My feedback on the poll......as someone who has 4k HDR and 3d audio content in my library, I have to use the Playlist option if I want true passthrough so to me the other option is not one that should be used at all.  Not really preference at that point personally, its most about making sure Kodi is playing files the way they are supposed to be played.  Coming from much older PTVL versions this was never a thing to worry about but I understand its part of the PVR part now.  So IMO it should either default to playlist or just always use playlist and don't give the users the option to change it.  Unless of course theres another reason to use the other option but the primary use case of PTVL to me is making channels out of my own local files which should have precedence over streaming apps etc...  Again just my opinion, if I have something in high quality I want to play it in the same high quality.

Thanks for your feedback!

PseudoTV Live's primary goal is as a content aggregator which emulates "Live/Broadcast" TV. Unfortunately, while there is no intent to sabotage quality; I'm governed by Kodi's limits. There are issues with multi-channel audio when handling through Kodis PVR player. There doesn't seem to be a way around this... except to use the transcode AC3 option.

My outlook.... if you are looking to watch a "High-Quality Movie" it's probably best not to "Tune" into PseudoTV, rather use Kodi in a traditional manner or use PseudoTV Live's "play programme" context option to load VOD.

IMO "PVR callback" is optimal for the PseudoTV experience which is why it is the default option, are there any features you'd like to see added to Playlists that are missing when compared with PVR Callback?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-07-10, 21:11)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-07-10, 20:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-07-10, 20:27)jctennis Wrote: I have an issue that I have come across that I will get you a log for as soon as I can. I was attempting to add a channel last night based upon a show from the Paramount plus addon from SlyGuy's repo. It seems that PTVL was unable to parse a name for it so when adding it there was no channel name to select from the popup. The only option was to cancel which then does not allow the channels to be created. It seems like that dialog could use a fallback to be able to proceed without selecting a name and manually enter one.

I'd need a log...
Your log, Sir: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17pKLdgv...p=drivesdk

I only see one issue in your log that may be unrelated? generated from IPTV Merger.

To understand the problem better when presented with an empty name list you are unable to cancel and manually enter your own? or is the issue that there is an empty list?
(2021-07-12, 19:08)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-07-10, 21:11)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-07-10, 20:40)Lunatixz Wrote: I'd need a log...
Your log, Sir: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17pKLdgv...p=drivesdk

I only see one issue in your log that may be unrelated? generated from IPTV Merger.

To understand the problem better when presented with an empty name list you are unable to cancel and manually enter your own? or is the issue that there is an empty list?
I can cancel but then the navigation I choose does not stick. The process goes as follows. I go to add a channel and select Content Path- Video - Video Add-ons - Paramount+ - Shows - random channel genre- random show name -OK

At that point the Select Channel Name pop up shows up with nothing in it and only Cancel as an option. Once I cancel the content path was wiped out. I have also tried to be slick and enter the name manually first and then add the content path and I get the same result.
(2021-07-12, 21:01)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-07-12, 19:08)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-07-10, 21:11)jctennis Wrote: Your log, Sir: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17pKLdgv...p=drivesdk

I can cancel but then the navigation I choose does not stick. The process goes as follows. I go to add a channel and select Content Path- Video - Video Add-ons - Paramount+ - Shows - random channel genre- random show name -OK

At that point the Select Channel Name pop up shows up with nothing in it and only Cancel as an option. Once I cancel the content path was wiped out. I have also tried to be slick and enter the name manually first and then add the content path and I get the same result.
Thanks for the details... on review, it looks like the list was empty due to a bug. After fixing the empty list issue; I was unable to reproduce the event you described.. My guess the list fix, fixed the clearing issue.

Please confirm everything is working as expected in v0.3.1c THX
Unrelated to the latest release as I have experienced this for quite a while, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

I have noticed that loading the first video in PTV takes significantly longer than all subsequent channel changes. At first I assumed it was related to my server spinning up the drives, but I can recreate it every time by exiting Kodi and immediately coming back in and attempting again. It was not always this way. The version where you first improved the channel changing speed worked wonderfully. A few versions later it seemed to begin and has stuck around ever since. Sorry I don't have a better grasp on the timing to share. Is this expected, know, or would a log help?
(2021-07-14, 01:57)mrdally204 Wrote: Unrelated to the latest release as I have experienced this for quite a while, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

I have noticed that loading the first video in PTV takes significantly longer than all subsequent channel changes. At first I assumed it was related to my server spinning up the drives, but I can recreate it every time by exiting Kodi and immediately coming back in and attempting again. It was not always this way. The version where you first improved the channel changing speed worked wonderfully. A few versions later it seemed to begin and has stuck around ever since. Sorry I don't have a better grasp on the timing to share. Is this expected, know, or would a log help?

I'll look into it... There are so many factors to take into consideration when dealing with performance issues. Usually these issues only present themselves on Android and pi devices. Which I assume you are using?
(2021-07-14, 05:27)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-07-14, 01:57)mrdally204 Wrote: Unrelated to the latest release as I have experienced this for quite a while, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

I'll look into it... There are so many factors to take into consideration when dealing with performance issues. Usually these issues only present themselves on Android and pi devices. Which I assume you are using?
Correct. 2019 Nvidia Shield.
I updated to 0.3.1d and now I'm getting an error and settings won't open.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BCKa9AU...p=drivesdk
(2021-07-14, 16:42)jctennis Wrote: I updated to 0.3.1d and now I'm getting an error and settings won't open.

Quote:slyguy.exceptions.Error: Local path not found
special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/pseudotv.xml
I don't recommend using IPTV merger to import PseudoTV Live, rather the other way around.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3035076

Otherwise, the only error of note was an error during channel backup/recovery which is fixed now; I'll try to push the update today.
(2021-07-14, 18:19)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-07-14, 16:42)jctennis Wrote: I updated to 0.3.1d and now I'm getting an error and settings won't open.

I don't recommend using IPTV merger to import PseudoTV Live, rather the other way around.

Dang-- IPTV Merge works with more add-ons (STIRR IPTV, the new Plex Live IPTV), and was my perfect way to have it *all* feed into Simple IPTV. PseudoTV worked great as an IPTV Merge playlist until this new version. I deleted and reinstalled Pseudo, having spinning wheel errors and dim settings perpetually. And although Pseudo works now, even though I deleted and reloaded it as a Playlist in IPTV Merge, I get an error saying that the location the path points to by default (when adding it as an addon playlist) doesn't exist -- even though PseudoTV is installed and I have 20 custom channels on it.
(2021-07-14, 20:59)jaggdd Wrote:
(2021-07-14, 18:19)Lunatixz Wrote:

Dang-- IPTV Merge works with more add-ons (STIRR IPTV, the new Plex Live IPTV), and was my perfect way to have it *all* feed into Simple IPTV. PseudoTV worked great as an IPTV Merge playlist until this new version. I deleted and reinstalled Pseudo, having spinning wheel errors and dim settings perpetually. And although Pseudo works now, even though I deleted and reloaded it as a Playlist in IPTV Merge, I get an error saying that the location the path points to by default (when adding it as an addon playlist) doesn't exist -- even though PseudoTV is installed and I have 20 custom channels on it.
1. I'm not saying you can't use IPTV Merge with PseudoTV Live... simply stating you ought not to import PseudoTV Live through IPTV Merge (especially the way the feature was implemented). Instead, import IPTV Merges m3u/xmltv into PseudoTV Live using Pseudo's import option found in settings.

2. "PseudoTV worked great as an IPTV Merge playlist until this new version" There were absolutely no changes on my end that directly break IPTV merge... if the two had worked together it was luck/coincidence.

I agree Matt has released some great plugins, unfortunately, however, due to how unorthodox the plugins are written, developed, and implemented... I will never trust the slyguy repository nor its plugins enough to personally install or use them. As is and without heavy refactoring, they would never be permitted into Kodi's official repository. Because of this, they are not tested... I won't ever deliberately exclude support for their use, but I can not test user scenarios where the two don't work together. If IPTV merge creates standard format m3u/xmltv then PseudoTV Live should import them (if not, I would require a fresh copy of IPTV merges M3U/XMLTV) for debugging, THX.

Enjoy =)
@mrdally204 Releasing an update soon, please test playback performance... THX BTW be sure Kodi is not running a library scan while testing. Kodi's new python-based scrapers heavily tax SoC devices.
(2021-07-14, 21:28)Lunatixz Wrote: @mrdally204 Releasing an update soon, please test playback performance... THX BTW be sure Kodi is not running a library scan while testing. Kodi's new python-based scrapers heavily tax SoC devices.
Initial testing is returning great results. The initial video load appears to be just as fast as channel changes once again. I'll continue testing throughout the day and let you know if I find anything. The adjustment is very much appreciated!
I am still getting a PTVL error. I wiped out the addon and started over and it persists. Nothing seems to be working properly. It never parses the library so I can't add channels.

Log:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BshiIxSJ9v5xHvNB1RUYZ_d6J1eoLk9y/view?usp=drivesdk
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4