• 63(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
Coming back to PseudoTV after having to factory reset my Sony Android TV. I’m noticing the return of a problem that was resolved a while back. 

it take two button presses of the remote to make anything happen onscreen. Not sure why this has returned but oddly I am also having issues with any configuration changes to stick which might be related as I am unable to disable the overlay features and if I remember correctly having overlay enabled was part of the problem way back when?
(2021-07-15, 01:37)Hardax Wrote: Coming back to PseudoTV after having to factory reset my Sony Android TV. I’m noticing the return of a problem that was resolved a while back. 

it take two button presses of the remote to make anything happen onscreen. Not sure why this has returned but oddly I am also having issues with any configuration changes to stick which might be related as I am unable to disable the overlay features and if I remember correctly having overlay enabled was part of the problem way back when?

The overlay option is the one you need to turn off to avoid the double click. I have issues sometimes saving settings as well. I tend to change a setting, save, exit Kodi, then relaunch and check if it took.
Bug 
Referred from Reddit. Having a substantial issue where PTVL won't even load at all. If I double click the program, it takes me to a utility menu.

If I go under information and tell it to start or run, it doesn't actually launch.

I can access the channel manager and all, but I can't actually get Pseudo to launch. I saw a number of errors in the debugging log, but I couldn't find anything obvious. It does this whether I have channels created or I try AutoTune. Any thoughts?

I'll try to share a log after work.
(2021-07-15, 02:15)ManCalledAmp Wrote: Referred from Reddit. Having a substantial issue where PTVL won't even load at all. If I double click the program, it takes me to a utility menu.

If I go under information and tell it to start or run, it doesn't actually launch.

I can access the channel manager and all, but I can't actually get Pseudo to launch. I saw a number of errors in the debugging log, but I couldn't find anything obvious. It does this whether I have channels created or I try AutoTune. Any thoughts?

I'll try to share a log after work.
I addressed this before in response to a previous comment. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid3042381

In short, it uses Kodi's PVR system to work and doesn't have its own interface. Read my previous response and if you are still having trouble with it let me know and I'll try to help.
(2021-07-15, 01:37)Hardax Wrote: Coming back to PseudoTV after having to factory reset my Sony Android TV. I’m noticing the return of a problem that was resolved a while back. 

I'll look into settings not saving...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-07-15, 01:11)jctennis Wrote: I am still getting a PTVL error. I wiped out the addon and started over and it persists. Nothing seems to be working properly. It never parses the library so I can't add channels.

Log:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BshiIxSJ9v5xHvNB1RUYZ_d6J1eoLk9y/view?usp=drivesdk
Backup/Recovery ran into an issue... I'll push an update today.
So I am noticing this over and over and wanted to report it with a log in case this is something effecting more than just me.  Problem?  Log is huge!  55MB!  So I'll have to post it on a service of some sort.

What am I seeing?  When playing a channel in Kodi using PseudoTV Live! and the channel bug comes up there is a consistent slowing of the system and the video seems to do a speedup like it was slightly fast forwarding or hanging while stuttering.  Then the channel logo will display and everything will be fine again until it happens again.  The times after this aren't predictable.  This first time though?  It happens consistently at the beginning of playback.

Log: http://www.filedropper.com/01kodi

PS: If anyone has any advice on how to obtain smaller logs I'm all ears.  Running Kodi via LibreELEC so that could be a part of why my logs are so big.
(2021-07-16, 21:54)bornagainpengui Wrote: So I am noticing this over and over and wanted to report it with a log in case this is something effecting more than just me.  Problem?  Log is huge!  55MB!  So I'll have to post it on a service of some sort.

What am I seeing?  When playing a channel in Kodi using PseudoTV Live! and the channel bug comes up there is a consistent slowing of the system and the video seems to do a speedup like it was slightly fast forwarding or hanging while stuttering.  Then the channel logo will display and everything will be fine again until it happens again.  The times after this aren't predictable.  This first time though?  It happens consistently at the beginning of playback.

Log: http://www.filedropper.com/01kodi

PS: If anyone has any advice on how to obtain smaller logs I'm all ears.  Running Kodi via LibreELEC so that could be a part of why my logs are so big.
I've never seen this before... I can postulate it has something to do with system performance; however, I use Pseudo on both Nvidia Shield and Windows PC and haven't experienced this before.

Try to minimize how many Kodi services are running, and perhaps consider disabling the "overlay" or "channel bug".

BTW the logs are big because the project is still in beta, so I print everything to assist in debugging... When we are out of beta or if you are not debugging you can turn off the extra logging under Pseudos settings.
Here's a quick link to a very short video of the issue in action:

https://youtu.be/QNIbJwrHiDo

It takes place about the 22- 23 seconds mark. This one was smoother than most.

Oh I wasn't complaining about the logs, just trying to find a way to get you the information in standard log methods like the ones built-in to PseudoTV Live for that purpose. Having logs be more than fifty megabytes kind of makes it difficult to get you the information you need that's all. So long as you can get the logs I don't care all that much.

I turned off Airplay support but other than maybe turning off the weather addon I don't really know what to do to reduce services. This is all happening on an AMD A10-8770E, with Carrizo video and 8GB of RAM. I don't think it's necessarily too weak of hardware to run on that's causing the problem but I really don't know.
(2021-07-16, 23:02)bornagainpengui Wrote: Here's a quick link to a very short video of the issue in action:

Oh I wasn't complaining about the logs, just trying to find a way to get you the information in standard log methods like the ones built-in to PseudoTV Live for that purpose. Having logs be more than fifty megabytes kind of makes it difficult to get you the information you need that's all. So long as you can get the logs I don't care all that much.

I turned off Airplay support but other than maybe turning off the weather addon I don't really know what to do to reduce services. This is all happening on an AMD A10-8770E, with Carrizo video and 8GB of RAM. I don't think it's necessarily too weak of hardware to run on that's causing the problem but I really don't know.
THX for the video, there may not be much I can do about that... I'll look into it.
(2021-07-16, 23:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-07-16, 23:02)bornagainpengui Wrote: Here's a quick link to a very short video of the issue in action:

THX for the video, there may not be much I can do about that... I'll look into it.

I appreciate that.  Otherwise is there anything else I can do?  Should I load the system and start playback long term to see if it shows up multiple times in the debug log, hopefully demonstrating a pattern which you can work from there with?  Any tests I can run?

Thank you for your time.
Getting a download failure when the add on  tries to install the logos and sample trailers.

any ideas?
I am using the most recent version of the add-on with kodi 19.1 on Windows 10 and when I when I try to add advanced rules to the channels it just sits there and doesnt show anything. I have to hit escape and it just goes back to the channel config page. I also typically have to click on things twice in the config page to get it to recognize.
(2021-07-20, 04:24)n4tur3502 Wrote: I am using the most recent version of the add-on with kodi 19.1 on Windows 10 and when I when I try to add advanced rules to the channels it just sits there and doesnt show anything. I have to hit escape and it just goes back to the channel config page. I also typically have to click on things twice in the config page to get it to recognize.
Ok, seems it works if i use my mouse to select rules. Now, is there any way I can get this thing to do random play? I can only get it to play my playlists in order.
I have all my NFO files... whenever I try to add a channel, it says "No duration found!".  What's that about and how do I fix it?
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4