• 67(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2021-08-09, 01:39)isamu.dragon Wrote: And it has happened again, here are all the files for the debugging process

log
channels.json
genres.json
library.json
pseudotv.m3u
pseudotv.xml
settings.xml

Hey, thanks for the logs.... FYI I don't need any new logs, if I do I'll inquire.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hi, im having the same problem as bornagainpengui, video keeps stuttering. Makes watching pseudotv unbearable. Hope there's something to do about this... I've disabled overlays but nothing seems to help.
Thx
(2021-08-10, 03:13)benoit505 Wrote: Hi, im having the same problem as bornagainpengui, video keeps stuttering. Makes watching pseudotv unbearable. Hope there's something to do about this... I've disabled overlays but nothing seems to help.
Thx

Disabling the overlay is the only solution. It could be a skin specific issue. Have you tried using the default Kodi skin?
(2021-08-10, 06:46)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-08-10, 03:13)benoit505 Wrote: Hi, im having the same problem as bornagainpengui, video keeps stuttering. Makes watching pseudotv unbearable. Hope there's something to do about this... I've disabled overlays but nothing seems to help.
Thx

Disabling the overlay is the only solution. It could be a skin specific issue. Have you tried using the default Kodi skin?
Changed back to default skin, overlays were already turned off, gotta say its alot better, hope that was the problem. THX
Hi all, I created a playlist for Looney Tunes, to play cartoons at random.  This works and plays the cartoons at random, but when the cartoon finishes, it repeats about 50% of the same cartoon that just played.  It's almost like it's skipping back to play the same cartoon over again because the time interval isn't being updated.  Sometimes though, it does not skip back, and plays the next random cartoon.  I have a feeling that it doesn't quite recognize "very short videos" like around on average about 7 minutes each.  The random playlist also does the same thing on very short Disney animated shorts, but all other TV shows and movies don't do this.  I'm wondering if playing short videos needs a little tweaking?
(2021-08-11, 19:26)dansmith2342 Wrote: Hi all, I created a playlist for Looney Tunes, to play cartoons at random.  This works and plays the cartoons at random, but when the cartoon finishes, it repeats about 50% of the same cartoon that just played.  It's almost like it's skipping back to play the same cartoon over again because the time interval isn't being updated.  Sometimes though, it does not skip back, and plays the next random cartoon.  I have a feeling that it doesn't quite recognize "very short videos" like around on average about 7 minutes each.  The random playlist also does the same thing on very short Disney animated shorts, but all other TV shows and movies don't do this.  I'm wondering if playing short videos needs a little tweaking?

I suspect my issues are also related to being short videos.  I have begun to have issues with my music videos smartplaylists.  There seems to be a pause before starting the next video that becomes more and more often as playing goes on and I am seeing something that is causing the videos in the playback to jump into the middle or a minute or so into the song.  The first song will be fine and sometimes a few after that then suddenly at the end of the previous video the next one will begin in the middle of the song.  I have a link to all the logs (since I use LibreELEC and they have a lot of log keeping so there is probably more information than usual available here.
(2021-08-11, 19:26)dansmith2342 Wrote: Hi all, I created a playlist for Looney Tunes, to play cartoons at random.  This works and plays the cartoons at random, but when the cartoon finishes, it repeats about 50% of the same cartoon that just played.  It's almost like it's skipping back to play the same cartoon over again because the time interval isn't being updated. 

The appearance of "random" is equal to the sample pool... ie. the more content you have, the greater it feels randomly distributed.
(2021-08-11, 19:26)dansmith2342 Wrote: Sometimes though, it does not skip back, and plays the next random cartoon.  I have a feeling that it doesn't quite recognize "very short videos" like around on average about 7 minutes each.  The random playlist also does the same thing on very short Disney animated shorts, but all other TV shows and movies don't do this.  I'm wondering if playing short videos needs a little tweaking?
I don't usually test short clips, if an issue exists it will be weeded out during advanced channel rules feature since bumpers, etc are short clips.

::Update::

I tweaked some of the code to assist smartplaylist randomness. Make sure to have the smartplaylist limit set to "Unlimited".
(2021-08-12, 00:32)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

I tweaked some of the code to assist smartplaylist randomness. Make sure to have the smartplaylist limit set to "Unlimited".

I had to uninstall PSTV yesterday and now I can't get it installed again.  It gets to 24% and then abends with an error saying the fuzzywuzzy dependency could not be found, so I am not able to try it.

**EDIT**
After uninstalling Kodi and reinstalling it, I still can't install PSTVL. I've uninstalled about a dozen times and re-installed the repository and it fails each time.  Any ideas?
Well, I finally got PSTVL reinstalled after several error messages regarding things it couldn't download, and then I created a new Looney Tunes playlist with "No Limit" set. Although it plays one cartoon, before it starts the next one, I get an "up next" screen with what looks like blue wavy mesh underneath the PseudoTV Live icon on a dark screen, and it won't move away from that screen or start the next cartoon.  The smart playlist is the only item I have in my channels list.

*update*: it has that blue sceen with wavy mesh for any smart playlist I create.
(2021-08-13, 17:01)dansmith2342 Wrote: Well, I finally got PSTVL reinstalled after several error messages regarding things it couldn't download, and then I created a new Looney Tunes playlist with "No Limit" set. Although it plays one cartoon, before it starts the next one, I get an "up next" screen with what looks like blue wavy mesh underneath the PseudoTV Live icon on a dark screen, and it won't move away from that screen or start the next cartoon.  The smart playlist is the only item I have in my channels list.

*update*: it has that blue sceen with wavy mesh for any smart playlist I create.

I'm not sure why you experienced installation difficulty. Make sure you have the latest repository installed...

As for PseudoTV not advancing channel content, I'll look into it.

::UPDATE::

I introduced a small bug in my last update that created a few playback issues, fixed in the latest update.
(2021-08-13, 19:01)Lunatixz Wrote: As for PseudoTV not advancing channel content, I'll look into it.

I introduced a small bug in my last update that created a few playback issues, fixed in the latest update.
Thanks, that will help.  I'm at 0.3.1r.  If there's a 0.3.1s to come out that will address the playback issue, it hasn't arrived yet.

Tell me also, this is an ongoing issue, whenever I close and re-start PSTVL, it prompts me to install Commercial Samples, MPAA Classic, PseudoTV Live Logos, and Trailer Samples, which, when I click "Yes" says "Installation Failed" for each one.  I presume this is being put on the back burner until all the other little issues are worked out?  How do I disable these notifications, or install these add-ons?  That may be what I interpreted as a failure to install PSTVL during installation when it tried to search the add-ons and couldn't find them.  The program was being installed, but the add-ons weren't.
(2021-08-13, 23:48)dansmith2342 Wrote:
(2021-08-13, 19:01)Lunatixz Wrote: As for PseudoTV not advancing channel content, I'll look into it.

Thanks, that will help.  I'm at 0.3.1r.  If there's a 0.3.1s to come out that will address the playback issue, it hasn't arrived yet.

Tell me also, this is an ongoing issue, whenever I close and re-start PSTVL, it prompts me to install Commercial Samples, MPAA Classic, PseudoTV Live Logos, and Trailer Samples, which, when I click "Yes" says "Installation Failed" for each one.  I presume this is being put on the back burner until all the other little issues are worked out?  How do I disable these notifications, or install these add-ons?  That may be what I interpreted as a failure to install PSTVL during installation when it tried to search the add-ons and couldn't find them.  The program was being installed, but the add-ons weren't.

Make sure you have the latest PseudoTV repository installed... If you do I'll need a log when you encounter the error.

Turns out my Git LFS Data is maxed out... which is why the resource paks are not downloading. I'll look for a solution.
Looking for feedback on v.0.3.1u... any persistent bugs or issues?

Are custom channels disappearing still an issue?

Known issues - Resource packages may fail to download, this is a GitHub issue since I don't pay for extra repository bandwidth.
(2021-08-17, 19:20)Lunatixz Wrote: Looking for feedback on v.0.3.1u... any persistent bugs or issues?

Are custom channels disappearing still an issue?

Known issues - Resource packages may fail to download, this is a GitHub issue since I don't pay for extra repository bandwidth.

Funny you should ask.  I would have said that everything seemed to be fine with the custom channels but then I went to play the music videos and two of my channels were gone but the third one was fine so I don't know...  Here's the logs I have for you.
I just updated to v0.3.1u

upon update I had to readd my smartplaylists. If the channels remove themselves, I will post a log.

Also is there an option to play the smartplaylists in order it is sorted in the smartplaylist (continuous)? Now all smartplaylists added to PseudoTV are randomized not just the ones I have set to random when making the smartplaylist.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4