• 69(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
Whatever happened to the CRT TV overlay?  I can see the addon, I can download the addon and install it, I just don't know how to enable it.  Could you please tell me how this is done?
(2021-09-30, 17:46)bornagainpengui Wrote: Whatever happened to the CRT TV overlay?  I can see the addon, I can download the addon and install it, I just don't know how to enable it.  Could you please tell me how this is done?

This feature is part of the advanced rules, which is pending a release...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-10-01, 01:30)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-09-30, 17:46)bornagainpengui Wrote: Whatever happened to the CRT TV overlay?  I can see the addon, I can download the addon and install it, I just don't know how to enable it.  Could you please tell me how this is done?

This feature is part of the advanced rules, which is pending a release...

That would explain why I couldn't fin dit anywhere and why when I attempt to open advanced rules it just spins and spins.  OK, thanks.  I look forward to seeing the CRT TV effects coming available.
First of all, thanks for this Add-On and all your work on it. After playing with it some I've got it MOSTLY working and it's great. I'm having a couple recurring issues though that I can't seem to find fixes for. All my channels are custom, made from smart playlists. I keep finding that after about 5 days or so that all my channels start to go blank. Scrolling through the guide, almost all the channels are empty and I can't seem to get them to rebuild.

Also, after about a week of running PseudoTV Live, when I restart Kodi it pops up with a changelog describing the various improvements in the different versions of PseudoTV Live. Once that happens, most of the settings in PseudoTV Live are "greyed out" and I can't change these settings. Most importantly, the channel editor is greyed out and unusable. If I uninstall PseudoTV and reinstall it, it fixes the problem but then I have to rebuild my channels and I'd prefer not to have to do that every week.

Sorry I'm doing something obviously stupid but I couldn't find any help for these issues from searching this forum. Log attached.

https://paste.kodi.tv/himuhowagi
I'd like to echo the issue with Playlists. I've submitted logs for the issue before. It really hasn't changed.

The other channels seem to be working just great. The addon just seems to really hate my smart playlists for some reason.
(2021-10-05, 16:00)Dorian90 Wrote: First of all, thanks for this Add-On and all your work on it. After playing with it some I've got it MOSTLY working and it's great. I'm having a couple recurring issues though that I can't seem to find fixes for. All my channels are custom, made from smart playlists. I keep finding that after about 5 days or so that all my channels start to go blank. Scrolling through the guide, almost all the channels are empty and I can't seem to get them to rebuild.

Also, after about a week of running PseudoTV Live, when I restart Kodi it pops up with a changelog describing the various improvements in the different versions of PseudoTV Live. Once that happens, most of the settings in PseudoTV Live are "greyed out" and I can't change these settings. Most importantly, the channel editor is greyed out and unusable. If I uninstall PseudoTV and reinstall it, it fixes the problem but then I have to rebuild my channels and I'd prefer not to have to do that every week.

Sorry I'm doing something obviously stupid but I couldn't find any help for these issues from searching this forum. Log attached.

@Dorian90 @"bornagainpengui" 

During my daily operations, I have not encountered empty custom channel guides. I've only experienced this when Kodi hasn't run for a few days, to wit PseudoTV will background update and fill the blank guide after a few minutes.

Have you tried "clear guidedata" and "clear channels" in Kodis PVR & Live TV settings? does this fix the issue? if not can you post the XML code from one of the affected smart playlists? I'll see if I can re-create the issue on my end... otherwise I'll probably request more logs.

As for the changelog... I'll look into the issue.
Is that under Autotune?

I see an option for "Clear Pre-defined Channels" there and I don't know where the other option is.

EDIT: This removed the automatic generated channels by studio/stations and left only my smart playlists, when I restored the backup and restarted Kodi the various channels all populated including my smart playlists so I'm happy there. Thanks.

Also since you're mentioning the change log. I see it often with mention of a 0.33 version but only ever have version 0.32f. Am I even running the right version? I ask because I can't seem to get anything higher when I try.
(2021-10-05, 21:02)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-10-05, 16:00)Dorian90 Wrote: First of all, thanks for this Add-On and all your work on it. After playing with it some I've got it MOSTLY working and it's great. I'm having a couple recurring issues though that I can't seem to find fixes for. All my channels are custom, made from smart playlists. I keep finding that after about 5 days or so that all my channels start to go blank. Scrolling through the guide, almost all the channels are empty and I can't seem to get them to rebuild.

During my daily operations, I have not encountered empty custom channel guides. I've only experienced this when Kodi hasn't run for a few days, to wit PseudoTV will background update and fill the blank guide after a few minutes.

Have you tried "clear guidedata" and "clear channels" in Kodis PVR & Live TV settings? does this fix the issue? if not can you post the XML code from one of the affected smart playlists? I'll see if I can re-create the issue on my end... otherwise I'll probably request more logs.

Thanks for the reply! I tried the "clear data" option in PVR & Live TV settings. I get the brief pop-up that PseudoTV is building the channels, but it happens quickly and then I am still left with an empty guide. Here is the XML code for one of my smart playlist channels.

https://paste.kodi.tv/fecofawiwe
(2021-10-06, 16:11)Dorian90 Wrote:
(2021-10-05, 21:02)Lunatixz Wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I tried the "clear data" option in PVR & Live TV settings. I get the brief pop-up that PseudoTV is building the channels, but it happens quickly and then I am still left with an empty guide. Here is the XML code for one of my smart playlist channels.

Does this playlist yield results in Kodi? Looks like you are using local paths for your rules.
(2021-10-09, 18:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-10-06, 16:11)Dorian90 Wrote:
(2021-10-05, 21:02)Lunatixz Wrote: @Dorian90 @"bornagainpengui" 

Does this playlist yield results in Kodi? Looks like you are using local paths for your rules.

Yes, the playlist works as it should in Kodi and works in PseudoTV Live as a channel for roughly a week and then the channel stops populating. Is there something wrong with using local paths for rules? I happened to have most of my media already organized into convenient folders on my hard drive so it seemed easiest to base the rules on my local paths.
When I create a Directory channel, I got "invalid path. no duration meta found". My files are mkv, avi, mp4, and they have "duration" at the file explorer. Is there any hint you can give me?
(2021-10-12, 05:34)alexandraoliveira Wrote: When I create a Directory channel, I got "invalid path. no duration meta found". My files are mkv, avi, mp4, and they have "duration" at the file explorer. Is there any hint you can give me?

I'll need a log... Thanks
(2021-10-12, 18:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-10-12, 05:34)alexandraoliveira Wrote: When I create a Directory channel, I got "invalid path. no duration meta found". My files are mkv, avi, mp4, and they have "duration" at the file explorer. Is there any hint you can give me?

Could you tell me where I can find this log file, or its name?
I couldn't find even reading some topics here.
(2021-10-14, 03:44)alexandraoliveira Wrote:
(2021-10-12, 18:38)Lunatixz Wrote:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file this should help
(2021-10-14, 04:50)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-10-14, 03:44)alexandraoliveira Wrote:
(2021-10-12, 18:38)Lunatixz Wrote: I'll need a log... Thanks
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file this should help

It was really useful! thank you.
My log file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I6UBGHG...sp=sharing

My old log file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Akor_Ft...sp=sharing

I couldn't find the specific message/error that occurred, something about missing metadata from my files.
I appreciate your work, and I just wanna have my childhood TV again. I got all the files, my Digimon, my Dragonball Z, Pseudotv is perfect for that.
If I made some mistake about he log file, please correct me.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4