• 71(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2021-11-09, 03:07)mrdally204 Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 01:58)fernicus Wrote: Anyone else having problems installing on Android tv box? Decided to do a clean install of kodi on my box and install the repo from GitHub and as soon as you click to install the pseudotv app it immediately kills Kodi and to the main Android screen. Even bought a new box since I thought it may be because my box is a few years old and running into the same issue....soon as you click to install it it kills Kodi.

Have the same issue as you described here. I've tried on Nvidia shield as well as a TiVo stream android tv box
This is a Kodi bug that has been fixed in nightly builds.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I have found a few things that happen frequently, even on fresh installs.

1 - Even with the fillers all disabled, it continuously asks to download the logos, ratings, commercials, etc... when kodi opens.  Would it be possible for those items to be disabled by default and as such no longer prompt for the download?  Secondly, when you try to download them, it fails, as in post 935.  That, I believe, you are looking into.
https://paste.kodi.tv/uvupiletik.kodi

2 - Any movie/video/music that is played in ptv, it becomes a watching/resume item in the library.  Would it be possible for ptv not register a play count on the items so they don't become part of the watching/resume (if that is how that works, not sure)?  It would be nice for ptv to play the items completely independent.  It becomes cluttered when you are watching items that you truly want to resume.

3 - No matter what device I use, ptv items start at the begining and not on the time marked by the epg/channel.  The epg/channel visually shows it starting as depicted on the epg/channel, but the item starts from the beginning.  My tweak setting is set for pvr playback.  This used to work as intended, but I'm not sure when it stopped working.
x86 device: https://paste.kodi.tv/agoyafavah.kodi
rpi4 device: https://paste.kodi.tv/lemuvibufe.kodi

4 - I understand that it takes a long time to parse the metadata.  For me, it can sometimes be 5 days for it to fully parse.  Then, when ptv refreshes, it takes another 5 days.  Sometimes I shutdown in middle of the parsing, then it has to start all over again.  The same goes when I start adding my own channels.  Would it be possible, to have ptv note where it last parsed before stopping and resume there on the next start?
(2021-12-31, 01:14)myownprovider Wrote: 2 - Any movie/video/music that is played in ptv, it becomes a watching/resume item in the library.  Would it be possible for ptv not register a play count on the items so they don't become part of the watching/resume (if that is how that works, not sure)?  It would be nice for ptv to play the items completely independent.  It becomes cluttered when you are watching items that you truly want to resume.

Go into PseudoTV Live settings, Tweaks and change playback method from”Playlist” to “PVR Callback”

This will let PVR backend handle playback and not a standard playlist, thus will not make items as watched nor add resume times to played items.
(2021-12-31, 02:36)isamu.dragon Wrote: Go into PseudoTV Live settings, Tweaks and change playback method from”Playlist” to “PVR Callback”

This will let PVR backend handle playback and not a standard playlist, thus will not make items as watched nor add resume times to played items.

It is set to PVR Callback.  If you notice my 3rd point towards the end, "My tweak setting is set for pvr playback.".

I am starting to notice some subtle differences when I switch back and forth from the native kodi backend to the jellyfin backend.  This might be related to the jellyfin plugin playback mode in add-on mode.  I'm going to setup the rpi4 in native kodi local db, then in native kodi shared db with mysql and compare how ptv behaves.  I will do the same with kodi with a jellyfin backend in add-on mode and in native mode.  I believe some of the playback issues of 2 and 3 are related to the jellyfin backend.
Is this still being worked on with an official release to come sometime in the future?
(2022-01-05, 13:33)mwkurt Wrote: Is this still being worked on with an official release to come sometime in the future?

The short answer is yes this project is still in development and I plan to submit it to Kodi's repository when finished.
Thank you for that answer Lunatixz. I look forward to using the final product.
I keep getting a notification during playback that “no channels found - please configure” even though I do have channels created and am actually watching them when this pops up!

I also have “silence notifications during playback” enabled to no avail.

any advice?
(2022-01-08, 04:04)Hardax Wrote: I keep getting a notification during playback that “no channels found - please configure” even though I do have channels created and am actually watching them when this pops up!

any advice?

Yes, it's on my list of issues to fix and only occurs if your setup is using a configuration directory able to go offline ie. USB drive or network mount, etc...

In the interim, I would change the centralized file location back to something that always remains available ie. local drive.
(2022-01-08, 19:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-01-08, 04:04)Hardax Wrote: I keep getting a notification during playback that “no channels found - please configure” even though I do have channels created and am actually watching them when this pops up!

any advice?

Yes, it's on my list of issues to fix and only occurs if your setup is using a configuration directory able to go offline ie. USB drive or network mount, etc...

In the interim, I would change the centralized file location back to something that always remains available ie. local drive.
Got it and yes, I was playing around with changing the centralized location off of the built in storage of my Sony TV. Would small usb drive suffice for this purpose? Is size or speed a factor?
(2022-01-08, 20:29)Hardax Wrote:
(2022-01-08, 19:40)Lunatixz Wrote:

any advice?

Got it and yes, I was playing around with changing the centralized location off of the built in storage of my Sony TV. Would small usb drive suffice for this purpose? Is size or speed a factor?

I use a ramdisk (recoverable) that is shared from my media server, 128MB in most cases will do, Channel logos are the only resource hog.

Needless to say, this won't fix your error... USB can work as long as it won't go offline, which is hard to control; a lot of platforms want to place idle drives on standby.

I've been really busy with life... but expect some free time to work on the project. This issue is on the top of my list!
(2022-01-08, 21:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-01-08, 20:29)Hardax Wrote:
(2022-01-08, 19:40)Lunatixz Wrote: Yes, it's on my list of issues to fix and only occurs if your setup is using a configuration directory able to go offline ie. USB drive or network mount, etc...

I use a ramdisk (recoverable) that is shared from my media server, 128MB in most cases will do, Channel logos are the only resource hog.

Needless to say, this won't fix your error... USB can work as long as it won't go offline, which is hard to control; a lot of platforms want to place idle drives on standby.

I've been really busy with life... but expect some free time to work on the project. This issue is on the top of my list!
I was more concerned about the hammering the built in ram would take  per your mentioning that PseudoTV performs a high number of read/writes. Would rather wear down a $20 thumb drive plugged into my tv than the non replaceable storage on the Sony. What’s the difference between an always on network mount (my case) and a ram drive on your media server? Is your media server local to your Kodi instance?
Hi, when I add a playlist I always get this error message Path configuration invalid. Is there a simple solution?
(2022-01-13, 08:34)__Vexx__ Wrote: Hi, when I add a playlist I always get this error message Path configuration invalid. Is there a simple solution?

What type of playlist? do you have a log?
It is a smartplaylist with random sorting, if i want config a new channel in the manager. 
so my device is a Shieltd tv Pro 2015 with last update and the kodi is not a nightly it´s from playstore.
maybe the failure is from universal scarper, i will test it with the standard.
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4