• 72(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
I have several music video playlists that I've created.  Since the update PseudoTV Live! seems to be ignoring all those with the exception of one.  I speculate this could be due to how much smaller the successful playlist is but I really don't know.  Tried to upload the log but it is too big so I hunted around and found this, hopefully it will work and you can get the log.
I'm looking for a few knowledgeable PseudoTV Live & Kodi users to test new updates that may be unstable... 

Users are asked to fully test all aspects of the program (you are encouraged to try and break it!). Providing logs may be necessary and feedback required. If you are interested please PM me, THX.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I've had PTVL working pretty smoothly for the past few months. I still find that I have an empty EPG sometimes, but if I completely uninstall PTVL and then reinstall, it loads a new, full guide.

However in looking for fixes to that issue, I have somehow reverted to an old issue that I used to have: whenever I launch PTVL, I get the message "PVR Manager is starting up 0%" and this will just stay at zero seemingly forever. I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

From googling, there are a lot of other people who have had this issue solved, but not in relation to PTVL as far as I can tell. Seemingly most of them want to stream media from a network and have some sort of problem with their IP address. My channels are just smart playlists of media from an external drive.

Any help?
(2022-02-08, 20:44)Dorian90 Wrote: I've had PTVL working pretty smoothly for the past few months. I still find that I have an empty EPG sometimes, but if I completely uninstall PTVL and then reinstall, it loads a new, full guide.

However in looking for fixes to that issue, I have somehow reverted to an old issue that I used to have: whenever I launch PTVL, I get the message "PVR Manager is starting up 0%" and this will just stay at zero seemingly forever. I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

From googling, there are a lot of other people who have had this issue solved, but not in relation to PTVL as far as I can tell. Seemingly most of them want to stream media from a network and have some sort of problem with their IP address. My channels are just smart playlists of media from an external drive.

Any help?
Uninstalling and reinstalling is a terrible idea... 
You can find many answer to common issues in the readme: https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Liv.../README.md
Just out of curiosity... why is it a bad idea? I have been uninstalling and reinstalling now roughly every other week for several months. It's the only thing that actually refreshes the EPG and gives me a brand new, full guide. I backup my channels, copy the channels.backup file, uninstall, reinstall, swap out my copied backup file and then restore my channels.

The readme suggests the "clear data" option in Kodi PVR and Live TV settings as a solution for empty EPG. I've tried this many times and it has never refreshed my EPG with a new guide.
(2022-02-08, 22:42)Dorian90 Wrote: Just out of curiosity... why is it a bad idea? I have been uninstalling and reinstalling now roughly every other week for several months. It's the only thing that actually refreshes the EPG and gives me a brand new, full guide. I backup my channels, copy the channels.backup file, uninstall, reinstall, swap out my copied backup file and then restore my channels.

The readme suggests the "clear data" option in Kodi PVR and Live TV settings as a solution for empty EPG. I've tried this many times and it has never refreshed my EPG with a new guide.

(2022-02-08, 22:42)Dorian90 Wrote: Just out of curiosity... why is it a bad idea?
PseudoTV Live was designed to run in the background, your solution only temporarily patches a problem that you haven't resolved on your end.

(2022-02-08, 22:42)Dorian90 Wrote: It's the only thing that actually refreshes the EPG and gives me a brand new, full guide.
This clearly indicates something is wrong...
(2022-02-08, 23:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-02-08, 22:42)Dorian90 Wrote: Just out of curiosity... why is it a bad idea? I have been uninstalling and reinstalling now roughly every other week for several months. It's the only thing that actually refreshes the EPG and gives me a brand new, full guide. I backup my channels, copy the channels.backup file, uninstall, reinstall, swap out my copied backup file and then restore my channels.

(2022-02-08, 22:42)Dorian90 Wrote: Just out of curiosity... why is it a bad idea?
PseudoTV Live was designed to run in the background, your solution only temporarily patches a problem that you haven't resolved on your end.
(2022-02-08, 22:42)Dorian90 Wrote: It's the only thing that actually refreshes the EPG and gives me a brand new, full guide.

Well I had asked in this thread about this issue with the EPG going empty back in October. You asked for the XML code for one of my channel playlists to try to duplicate the issue. You commented about how I was using local paths as rules for the playlist. I asked if there was something wrong with that or if that could be causing the issue but never got a response about that.

So yes, I found my own temporary fix for my issue, which was just a regular complete uninstall and reinstall of PTVL. And up until just this week it worked pretty well and was just somewhat annoying to have to do every so often. I'd love to find a permanent solution but haven't found one yet.

Currently I cannot even get PTVL to start up because I'm just stuck with "PVR manager is starting up 0%"

Here is my most recent log. I welcome any suggestions.
https://paste.kodi.tv/yisilolimo
(2022-02-09, 19:50)Dorian90 Wrote:

Well I had asked in this thread about this issue with the EPG going empty back in October. You asked for the XML code for one of my channel playlists to try to duplicate the issue. You commented about how I was using local paths as rules for the playlist. I asked if there was something wrong with that or if that could be causing the issue but never got a response about that.

So yes, I found my own temporary fix for my issue, which was just a regular complete uninstall and reinstall of PTVL. And up until just this week it worked pretty well and was just somewhat annoying to have to do every so often. I'd love to find a permanent solution but haven't found one yet.

Currently I cannot even get PTVL to start up because I'm just stuck with "PVR manager is starting up 0%"

I'm only one guy... If I miss a follow-up to an issue, it's best to try and get my attention; again.

Your log does not contain debug entries... Please enable Kodi debugging and try again, THX
(2022-02-09, 22:03)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-02-09, 19:50)Dorian90 Wrote:

I'm only one guy... If I miss a follow-up to an issue, it's best to try and get my attention; again.

Your log does not contain debug entries... Please enable Kodi debugging and try again, THX
Yes, and I do appreciate the work you do and I love PTVL when it works. Here is my log with debugging enabled.

https://paste.kodi.tv/etixajowov
(2022-02-10, 21:57)Dorian90 Wrote:
(2022-02-09, 22:03)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-02-09, 19:50)Dorian90 Wrote: Well I had asked in this thread about this issue with the EPG going empty back in October. You asked for the XML code for one of my channel playlists to try to duplicate the issue. You commented about how I was using local paths as rules for the playlist. I asked if there was something wrong with that or if that could be causing the issue but never got a response about that.

Yes, and I do appreciate the work you do and I love PTVL when it works. Here is my log with debugging enabled.

I don't see any issues at all in your log... everything looks as it should.

Try closing Kodi and delete the following files:

userdata\Database\EPGXX.db
userdata\addon_data\pvr.iptvsimple\settings.xml

restart Kodi, you may be prompted by PseudoTV Live to reconfigure (click yes).

Don't uninstall-reinstall PseudoTV Live anymore Wink

Let Kodi's PVR backend and PseudoTV sort out guide issues... Because the issue as far as I can tell is not on Pseudo's end. Your log indicates all channels build correctly, and IPTV Simple correctly parses the M3U and XMLTV files.

The only other variable is a corrupt database which you delete above and can clear following the instructions in the readme.
(2022-02-10, 22:29)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-02-10, 21:57)Dorian90 Wrote:
(2022-02-09, 22:03)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm only one guy... If I miss a follow-up to an issue, it's best to try and get my attention; again.

I don't see any issues at all in your log... everything looks as it should.

Try closing Kodi and delete the following files:

userdata\Database\EPGXX.db
userdata\addon_data\pvr.iptvsimple\settings.xml

restart Kodi, you may be prompted by PseudoTV Live to reconfigure (click yes).

Don't uninstall-reinstall PseudoTV Live anymore Wink

Let Kodi's PVR backend and PseudoTV sort out guide issues... Because the issue as far as I can tell is not on Pseudo's end. Your log indicates all channels build correctly, and IPTV Simple correctly parses the M3U and XMLTV files.

The only other variable is a corrupt database which you delete above and can clear following the instructions in the readme.

I just tried your suggestion and unfortunately it has had no effect on the "PVR manager is starting up" problem. I guess I will have to keep searching for a fix to that.
Actually I may have fixed it... I enabled "Automatically restart IPTV Simple to refresh the data" under IPTV simple settings, then cleared all the data in Kodi's PVR settings and it popped up with "PVR manager is starting up" but this time it seemed completed starting up and it allows me to open PTVL. Hopefully the issue doesn't persist.

Thank you for your help.
Still having issues with the music video playlists not being added.  The Program sees them and then disregards them despite having been added to the channels list as channel one and channel two.

Log here.

I am currently running on LibreELEC 10.1 which should make this closer to the current release of Kodi.  I apologize about the previous logs, I did not realize that Batocera hadn't been updating their version of Kodi and it was so far behind.
(2022-02-11, 21:14)bornagainpenguin Wrote: Still having issues with the music video playlists not being added.  The Program sees them and then disregards them despite having been added to the channels list as channel one and channel two.

Log here.

I am currently running on LibreELEC 10.1 which should make this closer to the current release of Kodi.  I apologize about the previous logs, I did not realize that Batocera hadn't been updating their version of Kodi and it was so far behind.

Thanks for the log, I see an error and I'll look into a fix...
Sometime next week I plan to push an update that may affect some users. The instructions below will prepare your system for the update!

The update only affects users using the "Centralized File Location" option in settings! To prepare for the update please open the selected centeral file location in your choice of file browsers; COPY channels.json and library.json and the cache folder to your Kodi device \userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.pseudotv.live\

Thanks...
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4