• 75(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2022-03-07, 20:28)shakuyi Wrote: For some reason I am unable to access the add-on settings. I am not sure what happened. Just updated to Kodi 19.4 but this issue was there in Kodi 19.3 as well. Do I need to remove PTVL completely? None of the other add-ons show a screen like this when I go to their settings. Very strange. I also noticed the settings.xml file has 0bytes so maybe something got corrupted? Not sure how to proceed.

here is what I see: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jw7XhbiViCUobFLZ8

Looks like somehow your settings.xml file is corrupt. Shutdown Kodi and Delete userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/settings.xml, you'll have to reconfigure your settings.

If it's easier you can also uninstall PseudoTV Live and when prompted delete your settings, then reinstall... either way you have to delete the corrupt settings.xml file
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2022-03-07, 21:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-03-07, 20:28)shakuyi Wrote: For some reason I am unable to access the add-on settings. I am not sure what happened. Just updated to Kodi 19.4 but this issue was there in Kodi 19.3 as well. Do I need to remove PTVL completely? None of the other add-ons show a screen like this when I go to their settings. Very strange. I also noticed the settings.xml file has 0bytes so maybe something got corrupted? Not sure how to proceed.

here is what I see: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jw7XhbiViCUobFLZ8

Looks like somehow your settings.xml file is corrupt. Shutdown Kodi and Delete userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/settings.xml, you'll have to reconfigure your settings.

If it's easier you can also uninstall PseudoTV Live and when prompted delete your settings, then reinstall... either way you have to delete the corrupt settings.xml file

Yup that fixed it, thank you so much! Don't know why I didn't try that earlier lol.
Will there be a way to add [removed] to PseudoTV Live?  It is similar to ustvnow, but has more channels.
(2022-03-08, 06:13)robleedes Wrote: Will there be a way to add [removed] to PseudoTV Live?  It is similar to ustvnow, but has more channels.

I don't believe that is a legal source for US TV. Whereas USTVnow had retransmission rights.
Is this kind of flickering normal? Am I the only one getting this?

https://youtu.be/IP8lV5vXj_4
(2022-03-10, 07:47)bornagainpenguin Wrote: Is this kind of flickering normal? Am I the only one getting this?

https://youtu.be/IP8lV5vXj_4

No, I'll look into it... THX
I'm experiencing a crash while building the channel list, specifically the Seasonal channel. This has been going on for a while (several versions but I'm not sure how far back) and I haven't been able to find any possible cause. I have gone so far as to uninstall the plugin, delete ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.pseudotv.live, and start fresh but no luck. I have been working around this by removing the Seasonal channel from channels.json and library.json but I'd love to see a fix.

Debug log here. TIA
(2022-03-14, 01:11)CorpusHyperion Wrote: I'm experiencing a crash while building the channel list, specifically the Seasonal channel. This has been going on for a while (several versions but I'm not sure how far back) and I haven't been able to find any possible cause. I have gone so far as to uninstall the plugin, delete ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.pseudotv.live, and start fresh but no luck. I have been working around this by removing the Seasonal channel from channels.json and library.json but I'd love to see a fix.

Debug log here. TIA

Thank for the log, I'm not sure why it's hanging... The last call is to the plugin providing seasonal info.

I'll add seasonal channel code directly to PseudoTV and remove the third-party dependency. This should fix your hanging issues...
In previous versions of PTVL there used to be a feature to restart playback from the beginning, are there any plans to add this feature back in the new version?  It used to be something like press ok to start from the beginning, it even had a setting to let the user determine when that feature should be available (I always kept mine at 90%) as sometimes I do like to start over a movie.
(2022-03-14, 20:24)shakuyi Wrote: In previous versions of PTVL there used to be a feature to restart playback from the beginning, are there any plans to add this feature back in the new version?  It used to be something like press ok to start from the beginning, it even had a setting to let the user determine when that feature should be available (I always kept mine at 90%) as sometimes I do like to start over a movie.

I was planning to implement this feature... however, it seems redundant since at any time you can start playback from the beginning by using the context menu to either "play programme" or "Play from here".
Just wanted to report in...

Haven't had too many issues lately besides the overlay issue I mentioned before with the video proof.  I have since disabled the clock and the weather in my skin (Quartz) even though the issue persists even with the default theme.  Here's a log just so you can see how things are running right now and hopefully I haven't just jinxed myself.

Thanks.
(2022-03-14, 22:31)bornagainpenguin Wrote: Just wanted to report in...

Haven't had too many issues lately besides the overlay issue I mentioned before with the video proof.  I have since disabled the clock and the weather in my skin (Quartz) even though the issue persists even with the default theme.  Here's a log just so you can see how things are running right now and hopefully I haven't just jinxed myself.

Thanks.

I fixed that black flicker a few updates ago... are you still experiencing it? try rebooting Kodi.
So I rebooted but have still been getting some strange issues.  For one, often the video will play and then Kodi will dump me out on the guide or channels list and sometimes it will grind a bit and the next video will start, sometimes not...

Two quick videos of what I mean:

https://youtu.be/6zDRtts6iWg

https://youtu.be/yFpbFc4U1u4

NOTE: The second video has audio muted because I am getting copyright claims on the short bit of audio.  Will be removing earlier videos in hopes of avoiding any strikes.

Here's another log.

EDIT:  As I was typing this up the interface crashed and reloaded.  Here is the rest of the previous log right up to the crash. And then here is the crashlog.
Thank you. As it turns out, now that I got the channel guide to build by removing the Seasonal channel I'm experiencing a crash when I try to play seemingly any program from the channel guide. I had not used PTL in a few months prior but it was working last time I tried it. I did the usual thing of removing the plugin's addon_data dir but no luck.

Debug log
Crash log
Whoops, I got that debug log URL wrong. Here it is. Looks like I haven't earned the right to edit my posts yet  Tongue
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4