• 83(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
Now some of the limited content channels are generating some repeated guide entries instead of crashing..
(2023-01-18, 18:24)Lunatixz Wrote: PseudoTV Live only sets a few IPTV Simple settings that are necessary for PseudoTV Live to work
Lunatixz, is there a way to update PTVL's Autotune library information?
I have some new TV Genres and applied them to my collection of shows using TMM, in the Kodi library they appear updated but PTVL just won't recognize them and only shows 2 TV Genres in Autotune menu instead of 22 or the previous 17.
I've tried everything I could think of (re-installing PTVL, kodi library sources, utilities menu, manually editing the Library.XML, clearing PVR data)

Is there a solution I'm missing? I've been through the Readme again and there's nothing to help address this issue there..
Where is PTVL getting this old information?
How can the Kodi library have different information than PTVL after clearing all user data?
accidentaldoublepost
(2022-12-28, 19:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-11-28, 02:18)Kriven Wrote: I've disabled PseudoTV debug logging and have reverted to Estuary skin. Will post again if there are issues.

FWIW: this is the third install I've had this issue on. The previous two instances were on Windows 8.1. I'd hoped that it was some kind of compatibility issue that Windows 11 would fix.

Did this resolve your issue?
It did not. I ultimately decided to disable PTVL for the time being, unfortunately.

Sorry for the late response.
It seems that renaming the Appdata/Kodi folder and reinstalling kodi has updated the Autotune Genres correctly.. I don't really like that this was the solution, other addons like Genre Icons doesn't need kodi to be reinstalled to read the database correctly, kodi itself has no issues reading the database...
I'm going to place blame on the way PTVL reads the database here.. 100% positive it's a coding mistake, similar to the way you used "contains" instead of "equals" when sorting shows into genres.
String comparisons shouldn't really be using "contains" except in very specific cases, it returns true if ANY part of a string matches for example "Dogs" will be found within "Dogsh*t" even though these two are very different, Thx.
Is the repo down? I recently tried to get into to it to gather some bumper packages that I wanted but when I try to connect to the Lunatixz Beta Repository, I simply get the message "Could not connect to repository."
(2023-02-02, 20:00)ericwbolin Wrote: Is the repo down? I recently tried to get into to it to gather some bumper packages that I wanted but when I try to connect to the Lunatixz Beta Repository, I simply get the message "Could not connect to repository."
The repository works fine however, the "resources" repository is bandwidth capped at the free level tier. Every month GitHub resets the bandwidth and if you are lucky enough you can download then.

Unfortunately this project does not have benefactors that would help provide a premium GitHub account...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hi @Lunatixz 

Great to discover this relaunch effort, coming from the Pluto Forum !

Questions:

1. Does PTVL support all addons from IPTV Manager?

2. How about from IPTV Merge, very similar, e.g. Plex Live Kodi Repo addon:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/02/iptv-...dd-on.html

3. Is Tubi TV supported now? I see the listing crossed vs available in different places !

4. Is Pluto available in Canada, or other countries? Or is a VPN needed ?
(2023-02-09, 07:40)atharmian Wrote: Hi @Lunatixz 

Great to discover this relaunch effort, coming from the Pluto Forum !

Questions:

1. Does PTVL support all addons from IPTV Manager?

2. How about from IPTV Merge, very similar, e.g. Plex Live Kodi Repo addon:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/02/iptv-...dd-on.html

3. Is Tubi TV supported now? I see the listing crossed vs available in different places !

4. Is Pluto available in Canada, or other countries? Or is a VPN needed ?

1. Yes, PTVL supports importing any Third-Party M3U/XMLTV... To simplify setup I added code to support IPTV Manager and most of my video plugins support it aswell!

2. I have not reviewed or evaluated the impact of using IPTV Merge. I personally do not recommend adding a layer in-between PseudoTV Live. I would recommend importing m3u/xmltv sets into PTVL but not the other way around.

3. No, it was supported when I maintained a TubiTV plugin. However I do not support/maintain TubiTV any longer. The listed plugins you are referring to are maintained by me and/or feature code that simplifies user setup in PTVL. Without additional code most well written Kodi plugins work within PTVL however they will require setup in the channel manager.

4. I do not support using a VPN to bypass regions and can not help you.
@Lunatixz 

Ok thanks for the detailed replies. Big Grin

1. Another issue: multi-PVR operation (and Nexus multi-instance PVR + multi-PVR operation.)

From some confusing discussion in another Forum thread, it looks like multi-PVR means assigning different playlists to different PVRs installed/enabled, and then using only one PVR as output.

2. I am assuming this default output PVR is PVR Simple (which you use to output), and this default cannot be changed.

There was a suggestion to do some configuration with the sidebar menu, but ATM the LibreElec repo (hosting PVRs) is down for 18 hours from my AE-PCx86 11.1.10 Nexus build, https://alexelec.tv/
So I can't check for now.

3. So how would this multi-PVR scenario affect PTVL operation? 
That is, user assigns addon VoD/playlists and m3u playlist sources to PTVL, but user might also be using other PVRs.

So how would this single output look like in Kodi- > TV ?
What I have learned so far is that multi-PVR channels are all aggregated in a unified Guide, Channels List in Kodi >Live.

But it is not clear to me how to configure output(s), since Kodi >Live TV gives no indications of what PVRs(s) are enabled. However  Kodi > PVR &Live TV > General has sub menus for looking at enabled PVRs from the Repo list, and assigning them priorities (which I don't know what to do with !)

I am looking forward to PTVL Stable soon ! Nice, much desired integration. Cool
(2023-02-11, 02:03)atharmian Wrote: @Lunatixz 

Ok thanks for the detailed replies. Big Grin

1. Another issue: multi-PVR operation (and Nexus multi-instance PVR + multi-PVR operation.)

From some confusing discussion in another Forum thread, it looks like multi-PVR means assigning different playlists to different PVRs installed/enabled, and then using only one PVR as output.

2. I am assuming this default output PVR is PVR Simple (which you use to output), and this default cannot be changed.

There was a suggestion to do some configuration with the sidebar menu, but ATM the LibreElec repo (hosting PVRs) is down for 18 hours from my AE-PCx86 11.1.10 Nexus build, https://alexelec.tv/
So I can't check for now.

3. So how would this multi-PVR scenario affect PTVL operation? 
That is, user assigns addon VoD/playlists and m3u playlist sources to PTVL, but user might also be using other PVRs.

So how would this single output look like in Kodi- > TV ?
What I have learned so far is that multi-PVR channels are all aggregated in a unified Guide, Channels List in Kodi >Live.

But it is not clear to me how to configure output(s), since Kodi >Live TV gives no indications of what PVRs(s) are enabled. However  Kodi > PVR &Live TV > General has sub menus for looking at enabled PVRs from the Repo list, and assigning them priorities (which I don't know what to do with !)

I am looking forward to PTVL Stable soon ! Nice, much desired integration. Cool

1. As I understand multi-pvr which was supported back in Matrix and improved for Nexus allows more than one pvr backend to run. I've found in-order for this to run properly client priorities have to be configured in Kodi's PVR settings.
2. Not sure what you are referring too. If you are asking... PseudoTV Live supports IPTV simple. It is a dependency. I can not speak for LibreElec setups...
3. It shouldn't, please read the information provided in my readme and this forum.

Stable? If you are encountering an issue I would require feedback in-order to fix. THX
@Lunatixz 

1. I am still struggling to understand the multi-PVR concept myself !

I have read your README and Forum thread, but I didn't see this potential multi-PVR isssue addressed. Anyway here is my logic:

A. From what I gather, Kodi Player (aka Live TV menu) aggregates all PVR playlists into a single Guide +Channel Lists, as under Kodi > TV in default Esuary Skin, and Live TV menu shortcut under, say, Arctiz Zephyr-Reloaded skin.

B. PVRs can differentiate their playlists by using separate channel groups, and maybe unique channel numbering ranges if configurable.

C. Also looks like you can only use one Kodi Player instance in any Kodi build. 

If only one Kodi Player instance is possible, all PVRs content flows into it. 

So if PTVL content is input into PVR Simple IPTV (and no other PVR) and user also has playlists under a different PVR enabled, the Kodi Player should combine both PTVL and other PVR playlists in a unified format ?

---> So above should mean that PTVL content via PVR Simple wouldl be displayed in Kodi Player as standard channels-EPG while other PVRs playlists/EPG would be displayed along side as standard channels-EPG format too, depending upon channel number ranges and channel groups assigned ?

2. Can PTVL use the Kodi YouTube addon to configure live and VoD YouTube streams into PVR Simple? Will logos be auto-extracted?

Normally you have to use a special format with YouTube addon to configure YouTube channels into PVR Simple (which doesn't take the YouTube URL stream directly in the m3u playlist.)

No PTVL support is a problem  Sad PVR Simple only takes one playlist (that I know of) and YouTube is hugely in demand.
So I tried to install PTVL via its repo on my AE-PCx86-11.1.1 Nexus distro alexelec.tv (CoreElec fork) and got the dependency error:

script.module.six v1.15.0+matrix could not be installed...

Please fix. Big Grin
(2023-02-14, 08:02)atharmian Wrote: So I tried to install PTVL via its repo on my AE-PCx86-11.1.1 Nexus distro alexelec.tv (CoreElec fork) and got the dependency error:

script.module.six v1.15.0+matrix could not be installed...

Please fix. Big Grin

It is not an issue for me to fix. You'll have to address the issue to whom ever developed the Kodi fork you're using.
Thank you guys for your patience, Updates are coming; with a lot of code refactoring to improve stability and overall performance. Before I start rolling out updates; I wanted to let you guys know what's coming...

The next release will be v.0.4.0; it will only support Nexus & up. It won't offer support for Matrix!. My repository will stay the same, however newer versions of PseudoTV Live will only install on Kodi v.20+.

v.0.4.0 will feature a companion Kodi web interface which will act as the channel manager. Users can create channels via their smartphones/pc's and update PseudoTV Live on the fly.
The move to a web app was necessary to provide a robust user interface for advanced channel rules. On its own PseudoTV Live. v.0.4.0 will only support "Autotuning" via Kodi settings. The web UI will be needed to create custom channels!

Stay tuned for updates...
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4