• 94(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2023-10-26, 00:40)OzDrDj Wrote: Hi Xoxez,

I can give you some info, for the fillers bumpers and commercials, I think they are still a work in progress and do not work at this stage, but you would have to hear from lunatixz to know for sure. I too am looking forward to playing about with this.
For the Guide list only going to 6-12 hours, Try increasing the Pagination Size (Configuration-Globals-Parsing) I have mine set to 125 which loads the EPG alot further, however this also increases the load time of the epg.
If the Channel Manager can't find any content and the Channel is empty, It will leave that channel out. thus only 2 of 3. Sometimes it can be a simple mistake in your playlist that can muck everything up and you end up with nothing. I had a playlist once that was set to load all tv shows with a genre match of Australia. The playlist looked fine, but it just would not load anything no matter what I did, I eventually, deleted the playlist and then made it again and it worked fine, don't know what I did, but sometimes things glitch. 
I would hope in the future there may be a switch or option or something in the playlist creator to add commercials bumpers and trailers somehow. I believe from what I have read that the old method was to create a playlist, of just trailers/commercials/bumpers, tell PTVL to ignore this channel when creating the EPG and then interleave that channel with another somehow. I guess this has to do with making playlists and this is a Kodi thing, not PTVL so i don't know how this will work. I guess time will tell.

Hope something there helps.

OzDrDj

Yeah I'll have to try again I think but I have short 1 minute/2 minute bumpers/commercials randomly play great but I think the channel is somehow not noticing the shorter bumper size and doean't know how to put them in the EPG Guide being so small maybe? The 4-7 second clips. Just a hunch.

Maybe it couldn't find content with mulitple paths just with one channel it starts to play random stuff from the library that's not the playlist.

I'll try increasing the Pagination size though to see if the guide stays updated
Any media under 15 seconds will be ignored... if, I remember the code correctly...

Fillers (ratings, bumpers, commercials and trailers) is a pending feature.

The Playlist editor is part of Kodi, there should be nothing "glitchy". PseudoTV caches directory returns, so you may not see instant changes reflected in the EPG.

I would not recommend increasing pagination time, if you are unfamiliar with how things work it is best to leave most settings as default.

At this time there are many ways to interweave content into a channel using the channel manager or a mixed playlist.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2023-10-26, 16:39)Lunatixz Wrote: Any media under 15 seconds will be ignored... if, I remember the code correctly...

The Playlist editor is part of Kodi, there should be nothing "glitchy". PseudoTV caches directory returns, so you may not see instant changes reflected in the EPG.

I would not recommend increasing pagination time, if you are unfamiliar with how things work it is best to leave most settings as default.

At this time there are many ways to interweave content into a channel using the channel manager or a mixed playlist.

Okay that makes sense then. Do you happen to know if detecting less than 15s is a easy change in the code or would that cause more problems? Thanks
(2023-10-26, 16:57)Xoxez Wrote:
(2023-10-26, 16:39)Lunatixz Wrote: Any media under 15 seconds will be ignored... if, I remember the code correctly...

Okay that makes sense then. Do you happen to know if detecting less than 15s is a easy change in the code or would that cause more problems? Thanks

I would not recommend lowering the number, you will add instability to the playback code.
Is there an actual guide to setting up a multi-room setup somewhere?  The readme only has a few sentences that don't really give much details about how anything works and no installation instructions at all.  I don't know how it's supposed to "auto-detect" the server from the client -- it seems to just want to use the local ip address of the client machine as if I was just setting it up by itself.  If it's not "auto-detecting" anything, why can't I just input a different ip address from my local network so I can manually point it to the server?  Do I need to manually go in and edit iptv settings and point them all to server?  That doesn't seem to work.

To give some idea of my setup, I have a NAS with media shares setup using NFS.  Kodi can access these from any machine on the network, and I have mysql setup properly so they sync their databases.  I want to run the pseudo tv server on the same linux machine that the mysql server is running on and have it also be the server for psuedotv.  I am able to generate the channel guide on the server linux machine.  Do I need to have the "centralized file location" in the options set to something besides the local address on the server machine?  Does it need/have to be on a network share?  I can't find mention of this anywhere for the life of me, people just magically seem to have it working and never give any details about how they set anything up.
(2023-12-02, 08:56)eviljubs Wrote: Is there an actual guide to setting up a multi-room setup somewhere?  The readme only has a few sentences that don't really give much details about how anything works and no installation instructions at all.  I don't know how it's supposed to "auto-detect" the server from the client -- it seems to just want to use the local ip address of the client machine as if I was just setting it up by itself.  If it's not "auto-detecting" anything, why can't I just input a different ip address from my local network so I can manually point it to the server?  Do I need to manually go in and edit iptv settings and point them all to server?  That doesn't seem to work.

To give some idea of my setup, I have a NAS with media shares setup using NFS.  Kodi can access these from any machine on the network, and I have mysql setup properly so they sync their databases.  I want to run the pseudo tv server on the same linux machine that the mysql server is running on and have it also be the server for psuedotv.  I am able to generate the channel guide on the server linux machine.  Do I need to have the "centralized file location" in the options set to something besides the local address on the server machine?  Does it need/have to be on a network share?  I can't find mention of this anywhere for the life of me, people just magically seem to have it working and never give any details about how they set anything up.

Wow, I just fixed it. Manually going in and editing the iptv settings made it work even though psuedo tv is still auto-detecting the remote path as the local machine. I'm not sure why it didn't work previously when I tried it several times, but this time it did somehow.
How do I fix double channel entries in the guide. Running Kodi nexus pseudotv live version 0.4.3a
(2024-01-08, 18:35)kyrunner Wrote: How do I fix double channel entries in the guide. Running Kodi nexus pseudotv live version 0.4.3a

There might be a double entry in IPTV simples settings... Open IPTV Simple settings and disable or delete any duplicate "PseudoTV Live" settings.
(2024-01-08, 20:08)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2024-01-08, 18:35)kyrunner Wrote: How do I fix double channel entries in the guide. Running Kodi nexus pseudotv live version 0.4.3a

There might be a double entry in IPTV simples settings... Open IPTV Simple settings and disable or delete any duplicate "PseudoTV Live" settings.
That was it. There  was three there disabled the other 2
What is this and how do I turn it off in the settingsImage
(2024-01-11, 20:09)kyrunner Wrote: What is this and how do I turn it off in the settingsImage

Channel "Bug" logo... you can turn it off in PseudoTV Lives settings.
(2024-01-11, 22:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2024-01-11, 20:09)kyrunner Wrote: What is this and how do I turn it off in the settingsImage

I went into PseudoTV settings under globals I turned I unchecked show channel bug and hit okay but it still pops up on the screen
(2024-01-11, 23:20)kyrunner Wrote:
(2024-01-11, 22:57)Lunatixz Wrote:

I went into PseudoTV settings under globals I turned I unchecked show channel bug and hit okay but it still pops up on the screen

Looks like a bug... I'll push an update shortly.
Hi, this addon is great, I've got it set up and working pretty nicely for the most part, but still a few things I'm unsure about..
Can someone explain briefly why it's recommended to move storage to a HDD, instead of SSD?
And also, not a PseudoTV question specifically, but, should I do the same for the "M3U Playlist path" in "Simple IPTV Client"?
Thanks
I could not install the update to pseudotv yesterday and so I finally updated Kodi from Leia to nexus - everything is working apart from the context menu to add items to pseudotv - is there a way to get this working with nexus, was working fine before. Not sure if it's not compatible with this version or I have done something wrong during installation - I have uploaded my log here so hopefully someone can see what's going wrong. http://paste.kodi.tv/mipinawuki
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4