Bug? Audio offset overwritten by the next video's settings
I'm losing my custom audio offset settings on each and every video the moment when videos are played in sequence (in a standard playlist). They're being automatically overwritten by the next video's settings.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set custom audio offset settings for videos (each one a different setting).
2. Create a standard video playlist (M3U).
3. Let the items in the list play in sequence (as per default behaviour).
4. Check the audio settings. The custom audio offset you've set for each video will have been overwritten by the next video's settings!

Destroying user settings -- this is very nasty hidden behaviour by the software. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a known way to fix/circumvent it? Thanks.
What version are you using? Try with v18.4
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-03, 23:01)Karellen Wrote: What version are you using? Try with v18.4

To be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure, but I'm otherwise happy with my setup -- it's working well. Was this a known bug with an earlier version, and the software is no longer doing this? If so, could you please point me to this bug report -- was there a known fix/workaround for it? Thanks.
Never mind, found it!

https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17721

Thanks for chiming in, appreciate it. Smile
I'm wondering if adding and dummy entry in the playlist between items might be a viable workaround for this bug. If it has no information to copy from the next file, it may not copy and overwrite at all. I'll give it a shot, and keep you updated in this thread.
We don't use Trac anymore and have switched to Github reporting.

I was thinking of this which was included in v18.4... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16332
and ... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16342
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-04, 03:31)Karellen Wrote: We don't use Trac anymore and have switched to Github reporting.

Hard to miss with all the pinned page notices. Smile

(2019-09-04, 03:31)Karellen Wrote: I was thinking of this which was included in v18.4... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16332
and ... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16342

No, my problem actually seems to have been fixed by @FernetMenta in that earlier bug report from the Trac archive that I linked to. What happens is that whatever audio offset settings the next video/item to play has user-set in the playlist is what the previous video/item inherits as the playback moves from entry to entry in the playlist (effectively overwriting and completely messing up the video file user settings). It's a pretty serious bug in terms of reliability (user inconvenience) -- or was (still not sure it was actually fixed).

I've attempted to use a dummy entry between the playlist entries, but no luck -- it still copies and overwrites from the next file it is able to play. (As you can imagine, very frustrating.)

The only solution I see now is to set the same file to play a second time as a dummy entry -- though this is a rather inefficient hack:

m3u:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,Cat and Mouse
/storage/tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/2x16.mkv
#EXTINF:0,
/storage/tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/2x16.mkv
#EXTINF:0,The Hidden Enemy
/storage/tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/1x16 - The Hidden Enemy.m4v
/storage/tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/1x16 - The Hidden Enemy.m4v
#EXTINF:0,Clone Cadets
/storage/tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/3x01.mkv
/storage/tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/3x01.mkv
#EXTINF:0,Supply Lines
/storage/tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/3x03.mkv
/storage/tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/3x03.mkv
#EXTINF:0,Ambush
/storage/tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/1x01 - Ambush.m4v
Gahh! Even this doesn't work! It skips playing the same video again and advances to the video after. It's like this implementation was intentional to betray and tick off the user...
Ended up giving up on this and creating a shell script in Linux that produces a folder with (relative) symlinks to the video files, ordered by name (and removing all my standard playlists for safety):

sh:
mkdir "A Clone's Story"
cd "A Clone's Story"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/3x01.mkv" "01. Clone Cadets.mkv"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/1x05 - Rookies.m4v" "02. Rookies.m4v"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/3x02.mkv" "03. ARC Troopers.mkv"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/3x18.mkv" "04. The Citadel.mkv"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/3x19.mkv" "05. Counterattack.mkv"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/3x20.mkv" "06. Citadel Rescue.mkv"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/4x07.mkv" "07. Darkness on Umbara.mkv"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/4x08.mkv" "08. The General.mkv"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/4x09.mkv" "09. Plan of Dissent.mkv"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/4x10.mkv" "10. Carnage of Krell.mkv"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/6x01 - The Unknown.mp4" "11. Condition Unknown.mp4"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/6x02 - Conspiracy.mp4" "12. Conspiracy.mp4"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/6x03 - Fugitive.mp4" "13. Fugitive.mp4"
ln -s "../../tvshows/Star Wars - The Clone Wars/6x04 - Orders.mp4" "14. Orders.mp4"

Now it stops playing each video and returns me to the "playlist" when finished -- and I have my videos in the custom order I wanted them. The only catch is that I have to set the audio offset on these files again (as Kodi is dumb enough to treat symlinks as different files to the original, going by file location alone).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug? Audio offset overwritten by the next video's settings0