Unable to Play Titles Stored as One Single VOB File (>~2.1GB) [Win10x64+Kodi 18.4]
Operating Environment = Windows 10 Pro (x64, version 1903, OS Build 18362.329), Kodi v18.4

I have stumbled on an unusual problem for which I have not been able to find a solution.  My search-fu is pretty good, but I cannot find any record of this same issue via Google or in the Kodi forums.  I'm hoping someone can help me out...

I have titles that are stored as a single large video object (VTS_01_1.VOB) file, not broken into multiple 1GiB chunks; these VOB files are ~2.25-8GiB in size.  Kodi is unable to play these files in the environment listed above.  Attempting to play them I get a very brief "time wheel" and then Kodi just returns to the library list.  Kodi doesn't crash, it just doesn't play the title.  Titles stored as multiple 1GiB VOBs are played without issue; single-VOBs of less than ~2.1GiB also play fine.

All VOBs (large and small) play without issue on the same PC running Kodi v17.6.

Comparing the same section of two Kodi logs (one for "small" VOBs and one for "large" VOBs), the only actual "Error" is this:

ERROR: Error getting next block: Error reading NAV packet.

Any ideas?  Between Kodi versions did some sort of file size handling parameter get changed?

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to Play Titles Stored as One Single VOB File (>~2.1GB) [Win10x64+Kodi 18.4]0