Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
(2020-04-05, 20:42)fritsch Wrote: AC3 and DD+ (EAC3) should work via RAW even through your ARC port - please try that again with all your restarting ideas. (1)
(2) Try it with IEC again via ARC, but keep DTS disabled, set speakers to 2.0 and AC3 and Dolby Transcoding (Keep EAC3 off).

What are the results? Btw. The shield also does IEC by default, therefore I highly wonder, that you got DTS, AC3 and EAC3 from the shield "over your TV" via ARC. IEC is the same everywhere ... therefore I wonder.

Ok just done some testing......

Important here that is I have Auto Switch Refresh Rate ON then hold hell breaks loose and we get logs like those ones where it cannot seek and jumps over and over again.

So If I enable IEC, Turn ON AC3 and Transcoding then I get sound on DD but no sound on DD+. The soundbar reports Dolby Digital Plus but no sound comes out.
If I then turn transcoding off and enable EAC3 I get DD+ with Atmos and sound.

If I then enable refresh rate switching then things just start jumping and seeking with no sound.

Hope this helps. I assume its better to leave refresh rate switching off and then leave IEC on with AC3 and EAC3?

As for the shield, I am probably misremembering, I have no idea about audio so my mind must be mistaken, it must have only played DTS/DTS-HD when plugged into the soundbar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z - by lorkadiscovery - 2020-04-05, 20:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0