Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
(2020-04-05, 21:17)fritsch Wrote: 3.1 <- your ARC can only output 2 PCM channels anyways, there is no support for more. So most likely the FireTV does internal downmixing. I would give that job to kodi, cause it knows what it does :-) Therefore set it to 2.0, enable dolby transcoding. Reason for the transcoding: DTS, TrueHD, DTS-HD, multi-channel flac, multi-channel aac and all the others besides AC3 EAC3 will then be output as AC3 and you get multi-channel through ARC.

You can fine tune the 5 seconds, I just said this high value, so that we know the right track :-) - Just measure with a stop watch how long your TV needs until you get a picture after switching and add 20% on top. I use something around 2.5 seconds here.
I did have it set at 3 seconds when all the problems were happening so i think it does need the 5 seconds.

Thank you so much for explaining the channels and transcoding!

Lat question from me, Output configuration and resample quality. Are they good as is by default or could they do with tweaking for this setup?

Thank you so much again for this, I would have ended up listening to PCM audio for the next year without you haha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z - by lorkadiscovery - 2020-04-05, 21:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0