Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
(2020-04-06, 04:44)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 21:12)lorkadiscovery Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 21:04)fritsch Wrote: So one solution for you would then be: Enable AC3, Enable EAC3, Enable Dolby Transcoding, right? That way EAC3 will work and everything else will be output as AC3 if it is multi channel.

For the Adjust Refreshrate issue. I think the following happens: TV turns off and before the Soundbar is fully up again, output is tried. Under System Settings -> Display is a "Delay Refreshrate-Switch" - set that to 5 seconds and try again, please. 

Ok setting delay at 5 seconds and all the Dolby stuff seems to now play perfectly!

It plays as 3.1 with AC3 and EAC3 set to ON, would it be better to leave it at that or to set it at 2.0 and turn transcoding on?

As for DTS I assume thats just not supported via ARC at all? 

You need to list your TV brand and model.
If it’s Panasonic I seriously doubt it can passthru DTS audio thru the TV and out again via ARC:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/5...assthrough

@fritsch I thought Optical did not have enough bandwidth to do EAC3/DD+ ? 
Its the Panasonic TX-58GX800B and then the Panasonic SC-HTB700 soundbar.

Its quite a strange situation to be in as for some reason Panasonic are supporting Dolby Vision on the TV sets but not on the soundbars (Until the 2020 soundbars)

So i am left having to make a choice, either get HDR10+ and Dolby Vision but use ARC. Or as was the case with my Shield, plug into th soundbar, get all the audio formats but have no Dolby Vision/HDR10+ passthrough.

I suppose getting more image formats makes more sense as it is just a soundbar and not a full surround sound ATMOS system.

It would be nice if Panasonic either updated the ARC ports to eARC via a firmware update like Sony are doing, or if they add DV/HDR10+ passthrough to the soundbar. I doubt either will happen tho.

Either way tho, my limitations here are in no way an issue with the Cube, since fritsch helped the Cube is performing very well, only issue I have is the 32bit OS as I hate knowing its 32 bit haha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z - by lorkadiscovery - 2020-04-06, 07:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0