Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
(2021-06-24, 15:36)Shasarak Wrote: Hello all. I'm trying out a new Fire TV Cube. I've got Kodi 19.1 (stable) running on it. Recently I've been watching a few episodes of "American Dad" using the Disney Plus add-on, and I'm seeing some odd image artefacts that look like deinterlacing errors - stair-stepping on diagonal lines.

This is a bit surprising, as I wouldn't have expected Disney Plus videos to be supplied in interlaced form! But the artefacts are definitely there.

I thought about turning off hardware decoding, as the device ought to be powerful enough to decode 1080i in software, but when I try that I get audio-only playback with no video(!).

I've tried playing the same video on my Fire TV Stick 4K, and there's no stair-stepping there.

Is there any way to get around this? Is there another version of Kodi that works better, for example?

Native Disney plus app works fine on Fire Cube 2 and stick 4k. Is there any additional benefit to using the Kodi add-on?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z - by alekseyzimin - 2021-06-30, 12:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0