Sound problem when playing music
KODI version:  19.0 Alpha 1
Windows 10 Pro ver 1903 64 bit
CPU:  Intel i3-8109U  3gh
RAM:  8gb
Video card:  Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655  driver ver: 26.20.100.6912
Audio:  Intel Display Audio  driver ver:  10.27.0.4
NUC8i3BEH HDMI out to Yamaha RX-A3080
This problem has been going on for a while, so it is not related just to the latest version of KODI.
While playing music, approximately 20sec before the end of a song, the audio will cut out for a couple of seconds.  Usually it will play fine for 20-30 minutes or so before it starts acting up.  Then when it does begin, it will usually do it at the end of almost every song, but sometimes it might skip a song or several before it does it again.
Here are the links to the latest debug log...this is from the start of KODI up to the point that the problem started.  It is in 2 links because the log was longer than allowed.
I hope this is adequate information...Thank you.
debug part 1    https://paste.kodi.tv/ejexacolaj.kodi
debug part 2    https://paste.kodi.tv/ikazubefaz.kodi
Yes it's a big user log, a cursory look and it appears your media is networked, I would like to see what happens if the media is local.

I suspect this issue would be best handled in the 'music thread', I'll move it along with your permission?
(2019-09-15, 18:59)PatK Wrote: Yes it's a big user log, a cursory look and it appears your media is networked, I would like to see what happens if the media is local.

I suspect this issue would be best handled in the 'music thread', I'll move it along with your permission?

Yes, I wasn't sure the best place to post.
I will move a small library to a locally attached drive and give it a try if that would be helpful.
Quote:While playing music, approximately 20sec before the end of a song, the audio will cut out for a couple of seconds. 

That does sound like a network issue of some kind, see if you can reproduce with local media. Although I do get some quirky playback effects when Kodi on my RPi has been on for over a month, and the memory has been consumed by C++ memory fragmentation over time. How often do you restart Kodi??

I could not pick up anything in the huge logs, but it could be an idea to simplify. Switch back to a simple skin like Estuary or Confluence, and disable the Skin Helper addon (those skins will work without it).
(2019-09-16, 08:11)DaveBlake Wrote:
Quote:While playing music, approximately 20sec before the end of a song, the audio will cut out for a couple of seconds. 

That does sound like a network issue of some kind, see if you can reproduce with local media. Although I do get some quirky playback effects when Kodi on my RPi has been on for over a month, and the memory has been consumed by C++ memory fragmentation over time. How often do you restart Kodi??

I could not pick up anything in the huge logs, but it could be an idea to simplify. Switch back to a simple skin like Estuary or Confluence, and disable the Skin Helper addon (those skins will work without it). 
I restart the NUC every day.  And over the period of time that this has been going on I have used Estuary, Confluence and quite a few other skins with the same results.
I will try moving a music library over a drive attached to the NUC, but I believe quite a while back I had my music library on the same computer as my KODI installation, and still had the problem.
Well the lack of restart was a long shot. Not blaiming the skin etc. just looking to simplify and make spotting something in the logs a bit easier.

If Kodi had a general problem like this we would have thousands of compliants like it, and we don't so it is definitely something specififc to your set-up. The issue is to pin-point what. Network interruption is an obvious candidate, I guess next would be something else occupying the processor and disrupting playback. An addon getting Kodi to be overly busy, hence maybe try a clean install we only the basics (not that I can see anything bad in the log), or something else running on that NUC - AV protection, Windows Updates, something processor intensive.
(2019-09-16, 15:31)DaveBlake Wrote: Well the lack of restart was a long shot. Not blaiming the skin etc. just looking to simplify and make spotting something in the logs a bit easier.

If Kodi had a general problem like this we would have thousands of compliants like it, and we don't so it is definitely something specififc to your set-up. The issue is to pin-point what. Network interruption is an obvious candidate, I guess next would be something else occupying the processor and disrupting playback. An addon getting Kodi to be overly busy, hence maybe try a clean install we only the basics (not that I can see anything bad in the log), or something else running on that NUC - AV protection, Windows Updates, something processor intensive.

I made a small library on a local drive and it seemed to work okay.  I will be moving my complete music library over and see how it works then.  Really didn't think of a network problem, since there is never a problem with movies or TV from the network.
Thanks for the help...will post back after the complete library is moved over and tested.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound problem when playing music0