• 3(current)
v18 Atmos Skipping (High bitrate audio files)
Kodi does not use LAV filters, on no OS - nowhere.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-02-26, 22:10)fritsch Wrote: Kodi does not use LAV filters, on no OS - nowhere.

Sorry, that was my own ignorance.  I guess what I meant then is that the internal LAV filters used by Kodi DSPlayer version didn't seem to help, but using updated external LAV filters in the DS Player 17.7 version resolved the issue.  Same point in the end: there is code that can resolve this issue, it just may not be easily integrated in the main Kodi version.
Anssi already ported the approach to upstream ffmpeg. For kodi preliminary patches are on its way. All that is documented on github. Though still: time. We don't have it :-)

Therefore -> go ahead, a helping hand is highly needed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I am jumping into the conversation as I was following for some time the topic.

I have to say that I came here because of Abbey Road as well not working on Kodi.
I decided to post because yesterday, I had also several micro jump on Toy Story 4.
Today i watched Justice league, and except a loading at the beginning, it worked very well.

The three of them are truehd Atmos.

The solution for Nvidia shield users is to use Plex, it is working great. However, you will need to switch your m2ts into mkv...
Hello...I installed Kodi 18.6 on Nvidia Shield,and audio drop is still present...I tested this on Spider-Man Far From Home ,so drop-off still remains...it happens always at 1:54.55...this is so frustrating,I’ve been waiting a long time for this fix...can someone please confirm this issue also?thank you for the hard work.
No fix was included in 18.6. There’s still work to do.
(2020-03-09, 08:59)HomerJau Wrote: No fix was included in 18.6. There’s still work to do.
I saw on the changelog that the fix was here...
Thanks for the info.

Audio
Fixes around visualisations
Fixes around pause/resume
-Fixes around TrueHD crashes
(2020-03-09, 11:52)zoric Wrote: -Fixes around TrueHD crashes

’TrueHD crashes’ fixes Kodi restarting with high bitrate TrueHD. No fix for high bitrate skipping/drop outs yet.
(2020-02-26, 23:03)fritsch Wrote: Therefore -> go ahead, a helping hand is highly needed.

I had a c programming friend looking at the fix (after I had a good look) but I saw the Ansi post saying Ansi was working on the fix in Kodi so I emailed my friend and said not to continue working on it... I pulled the pin too soon by the sounds. I never got a reply from my friend so I gather he wasn’t happy about it, going through the whole Kodi build process and code learning, so I dare not ask him to start again. Missed opportunity...
(2020-02-26, 21:58)Deam Wrote: Just thought I'd chime in.  I had this issue (recently discovered), and was using the Matrix HDR build and regular (as a test).  The movies (4K remuxes) appear to be usual suspects (Zootopia, particular early scene when main character is on a train passing through different regions.  It happened at the same spot, for example, when the train first enters the cold zone, music is playing and once snow bursts up), some parts of Frozen II.

I then tried reverting back to the Kodi 17.6 DSplayer with MadVr.  Same issue,  I then tried the Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer with newer external LAV filters as recommended in the thread.  Now golden.  Admittedly a bit more to set up, but at least HDR passthrough and Atmos works correctly on the few high audio bitrate (primarily Disney) UHDs. So it appears there are newer LAV filters that work properly, they just need to be incorporated into Kodi proper.

Here is the thread:

Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer X64 BetterGUI 2020 edition

Never before have I felt so understood by a total stranger. I just spent six hours combing through the internet to find someone who might have answers and not only are you experiencing the same issue, but you identified the exact place on the exact movie which triggered this. If nothing else, thank you for making me feel not alone!
Any progress on Atmos skipping guys?
(2020-04-21, 08:59)Gareth321 Wrote:
(2020-02-26, 21:58)Deam Wrote: [Deleted by me]

Never before have I felt so understood by a total stranger. I just spent six hours combing through the internet to find someone who might have answers and not only are you experiencing the same issue, but you identified the exact place on the exact movie which triggered this. If nothing else, thank you for making me feel not alone! 

You're welcome.  I always like when that happens after scouring the internet and finding the solution or issue that was elusive.  Thank my kids - they are the reason why I'm watching these movies more than once such that I care enough to resolve it in a somewhat complex way.

I actually recently tried a current build of Kodi 19 with the HDR fork, but the issue remained, so I take that to mean no - the issue hasn't been addressed yet.  Realistically it is likely low priority, though I would prefer not to have to use external player.
What external player (if you are using Linux)?
(2020-05-10, 03:08)HomerJau Wrote: What external player (if you are using Linux)?

Running Windows...It is the DSPlayer version of Kodi.  And to get it to not have the audio cut tout I had to use external filters as suggested in the thread that had the version I'm using.
A plausible description and solution here:
mlp: A Dolby TrueHD demuxer and utility tool, with a focus on accurate and correct TrueHD demuxing

Edit: Nope
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atmos Skipping (High bitrate audio files)0