• 5(current)
Alpha Evolve: Apple 4K TV Screensavers [featuring the new Underwater Screensavers]
Just a heads up

I've been running 1.0.13 for the past week or so on Kodi with LibreElec and the Raspberry Pi 4.

The DPMS / "Put display to sleep when idle" setting works perfectly!!! Big Grin

Kodi turns the screensaver on after the specified amount of time, then it turns the screen off, and when you press a button on the remote or keyboard it wakes up again.

Thank you so much for reviving the Apple TV screensavers!!

It's great to see this working on Leia Smile
(2019-10-19, 14:21)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2019-10-18, 08:54)mitch7391 Wrote: Hi @smitchell6879 I am using your addon on a raspberry pi 4 (libreelec) with the 4k videos downloaded locally and consistently get a frozen black screen. However if I play them without your addon (just as video files), they are able to play on the raspberry pi 4. Is anyone else getting this problem?

Can you post a debug log.

How do I go about a debug log? And can it be acquired from ssh if my screen has locked up when the screensaver kicks in?
(2019-10-22, 07:15)mitch7391 Wrote: How do I go about a debug log?

debug log (wiki)

I have no ATV4 knowledge, but you should be able to find & handle Kodi's log file via SSH.
(2019-10-22, 07:47)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-10-22, 07:15)mitch7391 Wrote: How do I go about a debug log?

debug log (wiki)

I have no ATV4 knowledge, but you should be able to find & handle Kodi's log file via SSH.

Cheers mate Smile I’ll try get some logs for it after work today
Hi!

thanks for bringing back the aerial screensaver to Kodi. I've noticed one small issue:

Is it possible, that one video from hong kong is missing? In Mac Version there are 5 Videos of Hong Kong but here are only 4. Here is a screenshot:

https://i.ibb.co/YBbDmNw/Bildschirmfoto-...-56-31.png
(2019-10-24, 01:59)effe.rnr Wrote: Hi!

thanks for bringing back the aerial screensaver to Kodi. I've noticed one small issue:

Is it possible, that one video from hong kong is missing? In Mac Version there are 5 Videos of Hong Kong but here are only 4. Here is a screenshot:

Your right when o added the underwater videos I must have missed this one. I got a few things going on this week but when I get a chance to I will added it back. Could you compare the rest of the videos with the Mac in case I missed another?
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2019-10-24, 02:24)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2019-10-24, 01:59)effe.rnr Wrote: Hi!

Your right when o added the underwater videos I must have missed this one. I got a few things going on this week but when I get a chance to I will added it back. Could you compare the rest of the videos with the Mac in case I missed another?  

okay no hurry, thx!

that's the only video which is missing

EDIT: I'd like the possibility to add time and weather information overlay while the screensaver is playing. Maybe you could think about that 😊
Sorry for the delay but I think I have collected the debug logs for when the addon kicks in and the screen just goes black. It’s a zip folder with a heap of files in. Is there one in particular that is needed or all of them?
Running 1.0.9, working great.  will upgrade this afternoon, but am wondering...

1) Option to bulk download all videos instead of 1 per day?
2) Is it possible that this is messing with Kodi's playlist?  Regular videos are repeating, even though the option is turned off (as displayed by Confluence).
3) My HTPC is always on.  Can we have an option to stop playback and use an alternate screensaver after a configurable period of time?

Thanks for the good work!  I look forward to seeing what's next!
(2019-10-26, 18:39)stop2k Wrote: Running 1.0.9, working great.  will upgrade this afternoon, but am wondering...

1) Option to bulk download all videos instead of 1 per day?
2) Is it possible that this is messing with Kodi's playlist?  Regular videos are repeating, even though the option is turned off (as displayed by Confluence).
3) My HTPC is always on.  Can we have an option to stop playback and use an alternate screensaver after a configurable period of time?

Thanks for the good work!  I look forward to seeing what's next!

1. Yes click download now.
2. Shouldn't be no one else has reported a issue at least. Will keep it in mind.
3. Kodi only allow you to use 1 screensaver.
(2019-10-27, 02:37)smitchell6879 Wrote: 1. Yes click download now.
2. Shouldn't be no one else has reported a issue at least. Will keep it in mind.
3. Kodi only allow you to use 1 screensaver. 

Was about to post "not seeing it," then found it on the General tab, downloading now.

This was happening before I installed your screensaver, but found that repeat got enabled somehow.  Now it's off, but still doing it.  Looking for a cause.

Hrrm... thought it might be possible to trigger one of the default screen savers.  Still be cool to be able to set a time limit on this for those of us who are always on.

Thanks for the response!
Thanks for this Screensaver, did give it a quick testrun on Win10 Kodi 18.4 64bit, and works! (only HD tested)
Skipping the vides is imho. a cool addition, this way it was possible to have a quick run through the new "Underwather" scenes.

Regards
(2019-10-18, 08:54)mitch7391 Wrote: Hi @smitchell6879 I am using your addon on a raspberry pi 4 (libreelec) with the 4k videos downloaded locally and consistently get a frozen black screen. However if I play them without your addon (just as video files), they are able to play on the raspberry pi 4. Is anyone else getting this problem?

I have taken a debug log of the issue (I think), which log file do you need? It seems to have made a zip file with a bunch of them.
(2019-10-27, 05:15)stop2k Wrote: Hrrm... thought it might be possible to trigger one of the default screen savers.  Still be cool to be able to set a time limit on this for those of us who are always on.

Thanks for the response!

You can do like some others here and set a time limit on dpms to turn your monitor off after x-time. I did add support for this.
(2019-10-27, 11:06)mitch7391 Wrote:

I have taken a debug log of the issue (I think), which log file do you need? It seems to have made a zip file with a bunch of them.

not sure about a zip file. I would need the one file that says kodi.log
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Evolve: Apple 4K TV Screensavers [featuring the new Underwater Screensavers]2