Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
@ozkhan1 As I used it primarily for Kodi (and secondly for Dutch tv apps and for Netflix) and not for gaming; the Minix did everything I wanted to do for less money, with great perfomance, and not having the lack of apps from Android TV. I really wanted to buy a Shield at first, but all major TV broadcaster's apps from The Netherlands were not supported, except for one, so that really was a no go. Years after that, I bought a 4k OLED tv and Nvidia couldn't fix the color space issue, so that was a no go too.

@hdmkv Do you really think a 2015 Shield would outperform the AMLogic S922-XJ from the new Minix?

To be clear, I do not intend to start a "this one is far better and I bash that one"-discussion. I just did not understand why everyone was in cloud 9 with the Shield, as it was great, but not perfect. (Which none of the mediaplayers are, by the way)

As for now, I guess my money goes to eighter one of these:

Odroid N2,
Shield 2019,
the Minix U22-XJ

...as those 3 seem to be the best buys at the moment for Kodi + 4k HDR.
As I already have a great Netflix app on my 4k tv, and my bedroom tv is only SDR 1080p, I do not really need 4k Netflix on my device, so that is not a dealbreaker at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - by Sjors125 - 2019-10-20, 03:13
Dolby Digital AC3 vs PCM Quality - by RKCRLR - 2021-02-25, 22:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1