Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2020-07-25, 11:16)noggin Wrote: I don't understand what you're suggesting?  Unless I'm very wrong (@wesk05) I thought Player-led vs TV-led was the route the DV metadata took from source to sink (and the processing based on this metadata was carried out in the display irrespective of this).  I thought the difference was whether the DV metadata (which I think is derived from the RPU?) was either carried over HDMI using now-standard protocols, where previously the DV metadata had to be tunnelled within the active HDMI video (and detected and 'un tunnelled' in the display)

Is this not the case - is the Player-led vs Display-led instead to do with how the BL+EL+RPU stuff is processed either in the player or the TV ?
From a purely technical stand point, there shouldn't be any difference between player-led vs TV-led modes for profile 7 media on Ultra-HD Blu-ray players. User reports (like that of @DaMacFunkin) suggest that this is not always the case. You may occasionally see noticeable difference between player-led and TV-led modes in certain scenes. One likely explanation for this is subtle differences in ST2084 EOTF application in the two modes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - by wesk05 - 2020-08-09, 01:54
Dolby Digital AC3 vs PCM Quality - by RKCRLR - 2021-02-25, 22:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1