Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
Finally got bored/fed up with my firestick 4k, and have just purchased the shield tube version. The main reason being is I want to be able to play truehd atmos content via my q80r soundbar, and also other issues I have with the firestick

The main use of it will be to play 1080p and 4k content via kodi. I can use the TV builtin apps for Netflix and prime app.

I know how to install kodi, and I'm guessing the same audio settings within kodi apply e.g 2 channel audio, and then enable all the pass through options. I'm also guessing I have to connect the shield directly to the soundbar rather than to my LG b7 and have it go via arc (not fully sure on this bit) to be able to play truehd atmos content.

The bit I'm really unsure about is if I need to do any specific config within shield settings itself for anything. On the firestick for example I had to choose the audio options and hdr options etc. Just read through this whole thread and I believe I need to enable 4k resolution whitelist and all the refresh rates. I've also seen some posts about colour matching and colour space settings, but not sure if I'll need to do that?

Lastly, there's some reports that the tube struggles with some 4k content. Surely that can't be. The firestick 4k plays all 50-60gb remuxes fine.

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section or if this has been answered multiple times!

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - by chuci24 - 2020-10-13, 11:16
Dolby Digital AC3 vs PCM Quality - by RKCRLR - 2021-02-25, 22:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1