Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2020-10-28, 09:39)Messatsu Wrote:
(2020-10-24, 09:29)noggin Wrote:
(2020-10-23, 17:58)Messatsu Wrote: Hi everyone!

I finally bought an Nvidia Shield Pro (coming from a Xiaomi Mi Box 3).
So far I'm really happy about everything, and I can finally read my 60fps 4K HDR remux files...BUT, I'm having a huge problem with my HD tracks (it worked before with my Mi Box 3 Sad )

My setup is : 

Shield > HDMI > TV (Panasonic OLED FZ800)
                         TV > Optical input > SONY MDR-HW700DS (5.1 because of optical input)
                         TV > HDMI (ARC) > LG SK5 Soundbar (2.1)

TV Settings : 
Audio format : Automatic (I have PCM ou Bitstream options too)

Shield Settings :
Dolby effect : checked
Select formats : Automatic
PCM 5.1 : checked

Kodi settings :
Number of channels : 2
Output configuration : Optimized
Allow passthough : Checked ==> Checked everything but not "Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver), as before with my Xiaomi Mi Box 3)

Thanks a lot for your help (I've spent 6h today on this...)

Do any of your devices accept 5.1 PCM input ? Your Sony AVR won't (Toslink is PCM 2.0/DD/DTS only) and unless you have eARC, your LG soundbar will be PCM 2.0/DD and possibly DD+/DTS only too.  (I guess your TV might transcode PCM 5.1 to DD - some do something similar for AAC TV audio)

Do your LG soundbar and your Sony AVR support DTS and/or DD+?  If so then I'd enable DD/AC3 pass through, and also DTS and DD+/E-AC3 if supported - but disable True HD and DTS HD passthrough (as these can't be passed through by any of your connections by the look of it).  DD and True HD with a DD secondary stream (often hidden) will be output as DD, DTS will be output as DTS if DTS passthrough is enabled, DTS HD MA/HRA will be output as a DTS core stream IF DTS passthrough is enabled, otherwise it will be decoded to stereo.

If one or both of your devices don't support DD+/DTS then I'd enable 'Transcode to DD/AC3' as that will convert all non-DD 5.1/7.1 audio to DD 5.1 rather than decode to PCM 2.0 stereo.  (This will also allow you to listen to AAC, FLAC and PCM multichannel content in DD 5.1 rather than stereo PCM 2.0)
Thanks a lot, after checking 'Transcode to DD/AC3' it's working! I've bought a splitter to be able to read HD audio with my Sony setup, still waiting for the delivery! :-)

I thought your Sony amp was optical input only?  If you buy a splitter that has Toslink/SPDIF output - that won't give you HD Audio.  The only route to HD Audio is via HDMI input - or does your AVR support HDMI HD audio, but not 4K, so you have ordered an HD Audio HDMI splitter?

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - by noggin - 2020-10-28, 09:59
Dolby Digital AC3 vs PCM Quality - by RKCRLR - 2021-02-25, 22:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1