Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2021-07-08, 20:07)VelvetKevorkian Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 20:47)Dom61 Wrote: Good morning.
I apologize for the question and the first time I write in this thread.
I would be willing to upgrade my box purchased in 2016, HiMedia Q10 Pro with cipset HISILICON HI3798CV200, GPU MALI-T720 with Android 7.
I don't know the Nvidia Shield Pro and I'm interested in this model, I ask if you can manage via Samba network of internal folders like Himedia.
I use mainly as a network player to play HD and UHD files stored in network HDDs, I don't know if you use your native player via Wrapper.
Also I assume that the Nvidia shield (cpu and gpu) hardware are higher than HiMedia or am I wrong?
Thank you
i switched from a Q10 Pro to a Shield Pro 2019 model.
The hardware is indeed better and since Kodi 19.1, no external player is necessary for HDR/Dolby Vision.
It plays everything i throw at it.
If i  connect my NAS as internal storage, the Shield plays files better than SMB or NFS 
(tested buffering with high bitrate pufferfish video).

Also:
there was an update to Android TV, which makes the default launcher now obnoxious, since 30% of the home screen of the shield are ads now.
But you can replace the launcher,. i used FLauncher (free on Play Store) with this tutorial:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...efault_on/

In short:
Yes, the Shield will play your HD and UHD files stored in network HDDs just fine.
I thank you very much for confirmation.

Messages In This Thread
Dolby Digital AC3 vs PCM Quality - by RKCRLR - 2021-02-25, 22:25
RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - by Dom61 - 2021-07-08, 21:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1