Beta Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations
(2021-04-11, 18:41)aneurysm- Wrote: Hey, I think I found a bug of some sort when I use this editor in combination with the new TMDB TV Show scraper (the python one). (working in kodi 18).

So I load in a new show through the scraper. When I then use the metadata editor to add or change anything (tested with adding a rating and changing some text in plot), kodi won't scrape new episodes anymore.
I believe it has to do with the way the scraper writes episodeguide.
If I let kodi export to nfo (before using metadata editor).. I for instance get this in the nfo :
  <episodeguide>2190</episodeguide>

After I use metadataeditor and update the nfo, it gets changed to :
    <episodeguide>
        <url cache="tmdb-2190-en.json">http://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/2190?api_key=6a5be4999abf74eba1f9a8311294c267&amp;amp;language=en</url>
    </episodeguide>

And then the scraper won't pick up new episodes. To fix this, I can edit the nfo manually back to the first episodeguide, and then in kodi renew the show with the nfo file. Or I can tell kodi to renew all episodes, that works as well.
Neither is a good solution of course.
So can your tool check which scraper is being used ? or not overwrite the episodeguide line ?
EDIT:
@sualfred .. from what I've gathered in the scraper thread, your awesome tool hasn't been made ready yet to accomodate the new python scrapers. Will you be able to fix it ?
i fixed my issue by deleting the exported .nfo files and turning off that option in metadata editor. then when you re-scrape the tv show it will continue to add new episodes after the initial scrape.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations - by ghost_itm - 2021-04-12, 05:20
Metadata editor error - by BartZorn - 2023-02-23, 10:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations0