RPi1B - is there any consensus on what the quickest (least resource-hungry) skin is?
Hi there.

I am running Kodi 18 on an overclocked Raspberry Pi1B and whilst it does work, it can still become a little bit laggy at times.

Is Confluence the best skin or are there any others that will be better for such a low-powered device?

I do not care at all what the skin looks like, I literally want something that works the best.
The default Estuary skin is one of the leanest skins out there, it has no background services/tools/scripts whatsoever.
Confluence is not that bad either. Alternatively, a Raspberry Pi upgrade would be welcome.
(2019-11-11, 16:42)Klojum Wrote: The default Estuary skin is one of the leanest skins out there, it has no background services/tools/scripts whatsoever.
Confluence is not that bad either. Alternatively, a Raspberry Pi upgrade would be welcome.

Thank you.

I shall definitely switch back to Estuary then - for some reason, I have always seem to stick with Confluence for familiarity.

Out of interest, if I were to upgrade my Pi, what would you suggest?

This old Pi is being used in my Kitchen and I use a Pi3B+ in my living room.  Should I perhaps move the Pi3B+ to the Kitchen and purchase a Pi4 for the living room?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi1B - is there any consensus on what the quickest (least resource-hungry) skin is?0