Android Kodi menu is black with activated 90hz display
Hi,
just found out that Kodi dont work with a 90hz Display refresh rate...
With 90hz Kodi is just black screen and i can hear the ui sounds. If i change back to 60hz on my Pixel 4, Kodi is working correctly.
In the System settings i am not able to change it to 90hz.
Can anyone help me?

Greetings
We don't support more than 60hz. Sorry about that.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-11-15, 19:28)fritsch Wrote: We don't support more than 60hz. Sorry about that.
So what happens in 2020+ when a slew of new phones have 90hz or 120hz displays? Does Kodi for android die or are those ppl just SOL?
Let's find out. If those people don't learn to contribute to OSS software, in 2020+ there won' be any free software anymore.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sorry for digging out an old thread.
Quite unfortunately, after two years, we have indeed found out that most new phones will show a black Kodi screen.
Unfortunately we've been lacking in a dedicated Android developer on the team for longer than that...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi menu is black with activated 90hz display0