v18 Atmos on RPi 4 Kodi 18
I am running Kodi 18.4 on a Raspberry 4 model B.  The Pi feeds an Anthem AVM60 processor over HDMI.  I also have a Dune player feeding the AVM60. All my media files are stored on a NAS using SMB.

When I play an ATMOS encoded film on the Dune the AVM60 always shows ATMOS as the decoder in use. When I play an ATMOS encoded film on Kodi (same file as played on the Dune) the AVM60 shows PCM as the decoder in use.  There is one file, a Dolby ATMOS test file, that shows ATMOS on the AVM60 when played on either the Dune or Kodi players.  All ATMOS encoded files when played on the Dune player show as ATMOS encoded on the AVM60.  The Dune is set up to provide "Bitstream" as the audio format.

Why does the AVM60 show PCM?
FYI: don't post the same question multiple times in different threads. If your thread needs to be moved, simply ask.
(2019-11-15, 22:05)Klojum Wrote: FYI: don't post the same question multiple times in different threads. If your thread needs to be moved, simply ask.

Sorry.  Do I need to do anything or have you eliminated one of the duplicate posts, hopefully the one in the wrong forum (Development?)
The other thread has been exterminated.
(2019-11-15, 21:39)barrygordon Wrote: Why does the AVM60 show PCM?

HBR passthrough (including ATMOS) isn't currently supported.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atmos on RPi 4 Kodi 180