• 54(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2022-06-25, 07:16)Wagg Wrote: Everything works well with the new update, 4k, HDR10, HDR10+,DV, except no Atmos. Tried native app on the same device (Shield and 4k Fire Stick), Atmos works fine, but through addon just normal DD5.1+.

Are you saying you got this addon to play 4K material from Amazon Prime Video on a Shield or 4K Firestick? I would be interested to know how you did this. AFAIK the addon doesn't go above 1080p because of DRM limitations.

Edit: Ok I just found out that the 0.9.5 version of the addon now has 4K/HDR10/DV options added.

However, they don't seem to work for me on my Nvidia Shield Pro 2019.

The first time I try to play a 4K episode I receive a popup notification that my Android device is not yet registered with Amazon and I am limited to HD video. It tells me to logon to Amazon again from within the addon to get my device registered. However, when I do this, video is still limited to HD, so basically nothing has changed.

@Varstahl Can you explain how the device registration process at Amazon is supposed to work from within the addon? Or is it maybe not working for all regions yet? (I am located in The Netherlands)
(2022-06-26, 00:22)MrMagic Wrote: @Varstahl Can you explain how the device registration process at Amazon is supposed to work from within the addon? Or is it maybe not working for all regions yet? (I am located in The Netherlands)

I'm afraid not, I've went on a long hiatus, so I'm not up to speed with all the recent developments of the addon, you'd need to ask Sandmann79 for that. I assume it means that you need to download the official Amazon PrimeVideo application on your device, logout/login with that, and without removing it you should be able to go back to Kodi and have all the improved features. This is just my assumption though, I'm not 100% sure it's correct.

Edit: actually I think I've read something in the code recently while reviewing. When ran under android, iirc, doing signup should register your device with amazon, I remember seeing the code for that. But I do not exactly know when it triggers.
(2022-06-26, 14:08)Varstahl Wrote: Edit: actually I think I've read something in the code recently while reviewing. When ran under android, iirc, doing signup should register your device with amazon, I remember seeing the code for that. But I do not exactly know when it triggers.

Thanks, but I already tried that and it didn't work.

After I logged on from within the addon and then checking the primevideo.com site, there is no device added. My Nvidia Shield is already listed there, but that is because I've previously logged on from the official addon.

@Sandmann79 Do you have any insights on how to get the Kodi addon to register itself as a device with Amazon?

I also tried StollD's plugin here: https://github.com/StollD/plugin.video.tmsp-amazon (I think the new auth code in Amazon VOD is based on this?)

But that plugin doesn't seem to support logging into primevideo.com. It only offers amazon.de, amazon.co.uk, amazon.com and amazon.co.jp as possible domains.
To all involved, a fantastic update, many thanks.

Lovely to be able to watch 4K streams with the addon Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2022-06-26, 16:09)MrMagic Wrote:
(2022-06-26, 14:08)Varstahl Wrote: Edit: actually I think I've read something in the code recently while reviewing. When ran under android, iirc, doing signup should register your device with amazon, I remember seeing the code for that. But I do not exactly know when it triggers.

Thanks, but I already tried that and it didn't work.

After I logged on from within the addon and then checking the primevideo.com site, there is no device added. My Nvidia Shield is already listed there, but that is because I've previously logged on from the official addon.

@Sandmann79 Do you have any insights on how to get the Kodi addon to register itself as a device with Amazon?

I also tried StollD's plugin here: https://github.com/StollD/plugin.video.tmsp-amazon (I think the new auth code in Amazon VOD is based on this?)

But that plugin doesn't seem to support logging into primevideo.com. It only offers amazon.de, amazon.co.uk, amazon.com and amazon.co.jp as possible domains.

the same thing happened to me so i tried to uninstall the addon and install it again. since then I can't log in, after entering the login details the window for entering the password and capcha will pop up on me again and even if I enter everything correctly this situation is still repeated. I don't know what's wrong :/
(2022-06-26, 16:09)MrMagic Wrote: Thanks, but I already tried that and it didn't work.

I think I know why this happens, and I also think I have a solution, but short of someone throwing a Chromecast or a Firestick my way, I would be doing blind development without something to actually test the code on. I haven't decided if I should go forward with this, because I could be wrong and waste a couple days on it. Beginning on a Sunday, where I'm supposed to rest instead Big Grin

(2022-06-26, 17:14)Kravatak76 Wrote: the same thing happened to me so i tried to uninstall the addon and install it again. since then I can't log in, after entering the login details the window for entering the password and capcha will pop up on me again and even if I enter everything correctly this situation is still repeated. I don't know what's wrong :/

Amazon's Captcha sucks ass. On top of needing spaces as part of the codes, I swear I just went through the same, at the 4th or 5th try it finally decided to let me in. That's the worst.
(2022-06-26, 18:35)Varstahl Wrote: I haven't decided if I should go forward with this, because I could be wrong and waste a couple days on it. Beginning on a Sunday, where I'm supposed to rest instead Big Grin

Well, noone is asking you to solve it right this minute Smile But I would appreciate it if you would spend some time on it, even if it's not right away. Like I said on GH, I don't mind testing stuff for you...

I would be awesome to be able to watch 4K in this addon, especially since the official app has such horrible subtitle options and no auto frame rate switching.
(2022-06-26, 18:35)Varstahl Wrote:
(2022-06-26, 16:09)MrMagic Wrote: Thanks, but I already tried that and it didn't work.

I think I know why this happens, and I also think I have a solution, but short of someone throwing a Chromecast or a Firestick my way, I would be doing blind development without something to actually test the code on. I haven't decided if I should go forward with this, because I could be wrong and waste a couple days on it. Beginning on a Sunday, where I'm supposed to rest instead Big Grin
(2022-06-26, 17:14)Kravatak76 Wrote: the same thing happened to me so i tried to uninstall the addon and install it again. since then I can't log in, after entering the login details the window for entering the password and capcha will pop up on me again and even if I enter everything correctly this situation is still repeated. I don't know what's wrong :/

Amazon's Captcha sucks ass. On top of needing spaces as part of the codes, I swear I just went through the same, at the 4th or 5th try it finally decided to let me in. That's the worst.
@Varstahl  I've tried it about 20 times and still nothing ... I'm starting to get really annoyed by it, I don't understand where they should be and where there shouldn't be spaces, no matter how I enter it, it's still wrong .. moreover I write it via the TV remote control, so it's really shit ...
I will, no promises ofc but I might have a fix for next week, depending on how much time my work leaves me Wink
(2022-06-26, 19:11)MrMagic Wrote: But I would appreciate it if you would spend some time on it, even if it's not right away.

I will, no promises ofc but I might have a fix by next week, depending on how much time my work leaves me Wink

(2022-06-26, 19:13)Kravatak76 Wrote: @Varstahl  I've tried it about 20 times and still nothing ... I'm starting to get really annoyed by it, I don't understand where they should be and where there shouldn't be spaces, no matter how I enter it, it's still wrong .. moreover I write it via the TV remote control, so it's really shit ...

I feel your pain. At some point I also started suspecting that if I press enter then it will be actually be sent with a new line to the form, which is ridiculous, but then I actually tried without and just mouse clicking and it worked. OFC it's a coincidence, but is it really? Yes, totally. I think.
(2022-06-26, 19:17)Varstahl Wrote:
(2022-06-26, 19:11)MrMagic Wrote: But I would appreciate it if you would spend some time on it, even if it's not right away.

I will, no promises ofc but I might have a fix by next week, depending on how much time my work leaves me Wink
(2022-06-26, 19:13)Kravatak76 Wrote: @Varstahl  I've tried it about 20 times and still nothing ... I'm starting to get really annoyed by it, I don't understand where they should be and where there shouldn't be spaces, no matter how I enter it, it's still wrong .. moreover I write it via the TV remote control, so it's really shit ...

I feel your pain. At some point I also started suspecting that if I press enter then it will be actually be sent with a new line to the form, which is ridiculous, but then I actually tried without and just mouse clicking and it worked. OFC it's a coincidence, but is it really? Yes, totally. I think.
@Varstahl thanks, so after a few more attempts I finally got through the captcha. However, the announcement of restricting playback to HD only keeps telling me too, and I even re-registered my devices on Amazon in the application before that. I have Kodi directly on Sony Bravia TV and other addons don't have a problem with playing 4K content, so there is definitely no problem with TV and I also don't have special playback devices like Firestick, Nvidia Shield or Google Chromecast. So the question is to whom and on what device it actually works.
So, I wasn't here when the development started on these features, and it's a guess, but as noted on github (issue linked above) I think Amazon changed a bit the process of the login flow, which now is for the most part automatic. Which is a problem, because in the middle of the redirections (on average there's about 3-5 redirections when you login) there is information we need to register the device, but the process is just skipped. So it's working for people who already had Kodi and Amazon VOD running, since they didn't logout and features just work. This is my best guess atm.

I have theorised a possible solution, I just need to find time to implement and let you guys test it.
(2022-06-26, 00:22)MrMagic Wrote: Are you saying you got this addon to play 4K material from Amazon Prime Video on a Shield or 4K Firestick? I would be interested to know how you did this. AFAIK the addon doesn't go above 1080p because of DRM limitations.

Edit: Ok I just found out that the 0.9.5 version of the addon now has 4K/HDR10/DV options added.

However, they don't seem to work for me on my Nvidia Shield Pro 2019.

The first time I try to play a 4K episode I receive a popup notification that my Android device is not yet registered with Amazon and I am limited to HD video. It tells me to logon to Amazon again from within the addon to get my device registered. However, when I do this, video is still limited to HD, so basically nothing has changed.

@Varstahl Can you explain how the device registration process at Amazon is supposed to work from within the addon? Or is it maybe not working for all regions yet? (I am located in The Netherlands)

All I did was login again and 4k/HDR10/HDR10+/DV worked fine ( but I’m in the US). Wish 2019 Shield supported HDR10+ because that’s what most of the original Prime HDR content is in. Works ok on my 4k Fire Stick but Fire devices don’t support integer framerate output.
(2022-06-28, 03:24)Wagg Wrote: All I did was login again and 4k/HDR10/HDR10+/DV worked fine ( but I’m in the US).

Thanks. Do you remember how long ago you did this? Because @Varstahl suspects that something has changed on Amazon's website that is causing device registration not to work anymore.
DE/JP/UK/US accounts usually don't play by the same rules, it's entirely possibile that it still works for those regions, even though it's basically API endpoints.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2