Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2020-05-15, 14:03)Dumyat Wrote: It's a little strange how it seems to be working for me, but not others. Would me being a UK user have any bearing on this?

Yes. While "technically" it's a single addon, in reality by all intents and purposes there are 2 separate addons working side by side with commonalities being shared. Germany, Japan, UK and USA have been dubbed by me as amazon.TLDs or TLDs for short, because they are served by amazon.de, amazon.jp, amazon.co.uk and amazon.com respectively, and use a specific codebase within the addon. All the other countries in the world are served by primevideo.com, and that codebase is my responsibility. Since I came late to the party, a lot of work for TLDs was already done by Sandmann, but everything that is available for PrimeVideo I had to develop by myself mostly from scratch, which is also why most of the databases we use are totally different depending on what country you guys are in.

Export to library is one of the features that are available for TLDs, but not for PrimeVideo. Being a lone developer and, I admit, not using the feature, my pressure to add the feature is pretty low. The fact that there are also several addons which already cover the export to library, such as Osmosis, made the feature even less of a priority.

One of the features which is the most important IMHO, would be to recode part of the MPD proxy alteration, that could reap huge benefits, especially for people with visual impairments. But time is what it is, unless something breaks outstandingly, I try to bring features compatibly with my life/work schedule.

(2020-05-15, 14:03)Dumyat Wrote: One thing I did notice after the last addon update about a week ago was all my icons changed from Amazon to Prime Video. I'm guessing that was an intentional change though?

Originally, before Amazon settled for Prime Video, the service was called "Amazon Video on Demand". After the launch of PrimeVideo.com, it stayed AVOD for a while, then shifted, but we lagged behind (and the addon is still called Amazon VOD for that reason). Recently a few artworks were posted in an issue on GitHub and I thought "ok, it might be the time to update these freakin' graphics", and so I did. I patched something together and now we have better logos Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - by Varstahl - 2020-05-15, 17:49
Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-20, 20:42
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Varstahl - 2020-09-21, 09:40
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-22, 02:52
No Videos Showing in Amazon VOD - by bzoit9 - 2023-01-02, 19:21
Amazon VOD addon - by Sumanyu - 2020-08-17, 01:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2