Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
Time for another "massive reply since I've been gone for months" post.

(2020-08-17, 01:58)Sumanyu Wrote: I am trying to use the Amazon VOD addon but whenever I play a video, the blue circle keeps on rolling and the video does not start. Anyone have any solution? The debug log is here

Seems like a decoding error.

(2020-08-22, 19:52)rocko Wrote: This works great on Kodi 18 and 19 except for two things, watched movie doesn,t check off and no option for resume point, always starts over.

Am I missing something in the settings or do these functions not work.

At the moment there is no way to sync from PrimeVideo to Amazon VOD, although the opposite does work. It also works within Kodi.

(2020-08-29, 22:59)heysoundude Wrote: I tried for both the leia and the matrix zips, same message both times.

Those are repos zips, not addons. You need to select the .zip while adding a new repository. After that you can download the addons from the repos.
Note: make sure you select leia for Kodi 18 or matrix for Kodi 19, or there'll be hell to pay in cleaning up.

(2020-08-30, 13:48)dormamu Wrote: I'm unable to login into the app. The reason why is clear. Amazon identifies the login as an unusual sign-in attempt. I receive a text message from Amazon with a redirect where I can approve the login but this won't allow me to sign in into the app. I keep receiving the same error and I keep receiving approval requests from Amazon

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Anyone knows a workaround?

There are/have been changes with the authentication code, mainly to get around new Amazon's restrictions. I don't handle that portion of the code, but it might be solved by now. There may or may not be a problem with OTPs at the moment.

(2020-08-31, 03:11)teriyaki Wrote: Haven't check the status of the Amazon VOD addon in a while... Is it still a goal to get it in the official repo for the Kodi 19 release?

Yes, the addon is repo ready for the Matrix release, and I am supposed to manage it, but I wanted to provide some accessibility functions that are long overdue before pushing it to public and fix a couple minor issues, but between work, COVID and my newborn daughter it's become tough to find the time.

(2020-09-05, 13:05)AbRASiON Wrote: Does this work currently on Kodi 18?  It sounds like people are having problems.

Absolutely.

(2020-09-06, 02:37)AbRASiON Wrote: Never mind, I got the plugin working, not the fastest performer, but it does work.

Does it get faster at caching thumbs or anything?

Thumbs are cached by Kodi, most of the rest is cached by us. And yes, it gets very faster.

(2020-09-06, 14:55)Utter Wrote: Yes, I have the same issue. It seems an almost trivial act to trigger Amazon's 'unusual sign-in' response, particularly if you use a VPN.

Did you find a solution at all?

It might be quite the problem for us because some of these issues require a JS interpreter which MechanicalSoup doesn't have. There are multiple ways to fix this, including logging in a browser and then copying the cookies manually into the addon file.

(2020-09-11, 06:05)picard12 Wrote: I have some problems. When I try to access my series list, the plugin fails. vod 8.8 leila

Not enough info, especially without logs. Open an issue on GitHub and provide info and logs if you need help.

(2020-09-11, 11:23)Airw0lf_ Wrote: Does anyone know how to get the add-on to play the next episode in a season of a TV series automatically? Or is there a general Kodi setting I can use?

There's a Kodi function, instead of pressing OK/Enter, open the contextual menu (via right mouse button, contextual menu key or through a remote button) and select "Play from here".

(2020-09-11, 14:44)markeymark Wrote: If i have Prime USA with Showtime/HBO channels, will this add on get me them or just the VOD?

We support live channels, but I'm not sure of the specifics for USA.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - by Varstahl - 2020-09-16, 12:07
Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-20, 20:42
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Varstahl - 2020-09-21, 09:40
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-22, 02:52
No Videos Showing in Amazon VOD - by bzoit9 - 2023-01-02, 19:21
Amazon VOD addon - by Sumanyu - 2020-08-17, 01:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2