Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2022-01-21, 10:11)EngineerPeter Wrote: Hi all, 
I have a strange issue with the language of some films / TV shows, in that my settings are all for English, but for example All or Nothing ; Manchester City TV show is in German or Hotel Translvania Transformania is also in German.  Whilst smallest child thinks it's quite funny She is not amused.

I've checked all teh settings I can think of, but does any have any suggestions?

happy to grab a log if that will help, but just wanted to see if anyone else had similar issues in the UK first??

Thanks

Pete

Are you sure you have Kodi language set to "English" and not "Original"?

Kodi default is "original", it means it should use English for English videos, but then if you watch foreign movies it will prefer the original foreign audio instead of english dub.

Amazon Plugin does not understand this setting. If using "original", it will play whatever audio stream happens to be number #1 in the stream. Typically that is German for some reason.

This is fixed if you explicitly select "English" as language in Kodi. However this means you will get dubbed English for foreign videos where dubbed English is available. This might be OK for you English speakers, but for us foreigners it makes zero sense to watch for example some French series with English dub and then Finnish subtitles.. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-20, 20:42
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Varstahl - 2020-09-21, 09:40
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-22, 02:52
RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - by Zuikkis - 2022-01-27, 09:49
No Videos Showing in Amazon VOD - by bzoit9 - 2023-01-02, 19:21
Amazon VOD addon - by Sumanyu - 2020-08-17, 01:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2