Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2022-10-03, 11:31)BlissSol Wrote: Thought id see if anyone had encountered similar issues;
If im trying to use the Amazon VOD (installed from Sandmann repo), approx 50% of videos will trigger an error in the plugin and wont play - note, no VPN in use & if i use a web browser i can play the exact content Amazon VOD might throw an error on.

I then thought id try the Browser Launcher addon from the same repo - if i launch Firefox (going to amazon prime website) it all launches fine but i get no audio.
I confirmed there's no problem with audio in the web browser, by just opening the web browser normally (not via browser launcher addon) - and if i go to youtube or amazon prime i get audio no issue.
I tested this same issue with Firefox & Chrome & also having Browser launcher open Netflix & Youtube (If browser launcher opens the web browser then i get no audio... but if i just open a web browser normally i get audio with no issue).

Oh - and my System:
Kodi 19.4 (Matrix), Windows 10 Pro build 21H2, Ryzen 3 4100 CPU, 16GB RAM, nVidia 1030 GT GPU, 256GB NVMe m2 SSD
Audio & Video output via HDMI to a Denon 5.1 Receiver (and then obviously HDMI from the receiver to the TV)
I think i solved my issue that the VOD plugin would get an error when trying to play.
As an example which i should have specified earlier - if i tried to watch alot of episodes of "The Grand Tour" (which is an Amazon show) the plugin would throw an error, while just accessing Prime Video thru a web browser they would play fine.
Anyway, in the settings for the plugin is "Prefered Host" which by default is "Auto".
I speculated this may be referring to the CDN used, and in the options i saw "Akamai"... so i thought yeah, i'll use Akamai as its one of the largest CDN providers globally.
And sure enough, now when using the VOD plugin I'd estimate it's about 50% faster in loading results for shows - and i no longer get any errors when try to watch shows like 'The Grand Tour'.

My guess is, on 'auto' setting it may have been using a default CDN (like maybe Amazon's own CDN?), maybe this CDN infrastructure doesn't exist in my country... so querying for content was slow & maybe the requests were timing out as its going to the other side of the globe?
I know Akamai has CDN infrastructure in my country... and maybe Prime Video uses a variety of CDN's (sometimes their own, and sometimes 3rd parties if they don't have localised CDN services)

Obviously all speculation as to what resolved my issue, as i haven't looked at the code for the plugin.

Messages In This Thread
Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-20, 20:42
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Varstahl - 2020-09-21, 09:40
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-22, 02:52
RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - by BlissSol - 2022-10-16, 03:00
No Videos Showing in Amazon VOD - by bzoit9 - 2023-01-02, 19:21
Amazon VOD addon - by Sumanyu - 2020-08-17, 01:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2