Special characters in filename causes files not to be played
(2019-11-23, 14:04)DaveBlake Wrote: I already have plenty of work that I consider a higher priority thanks.
Was a joke ;)
Quote:As for explanations.... You are thinking far too simplistically.
KISS
Quote:Exasperated?
Spending weeks for to shape your data to the needs of a little diva called kodi just to stumble upon a question mark feels unfair ;)
Throughout the forum there's the "tag with MBID" mantra. So I tag with MBID and I move and order the my files with Picard => so they get some special characters within their filename.

Again, bringing data into a useable shape for kodi is a lifetime job ;)

Ok, nice. Files are tagged and sorted, artwork is updated, time to set up the database and only with using libnfs as source instead of a share mounted to my filesystem, hundreds of files aren't working anymore that worked before. Because of what? Because I tagged and named them with Picard? Because I do not use Windows compatible filenames with a Unix protocoll? WTF?!

This limitation only comes to live when using libnfs!!! I bet your're not sharing Web-URLs, streams, JSON calls or whatever with NFS!

And I bet that if it's possible to properly use, play and open a path like:
Code:
/media/music/?unsorted?/three???/file1:of2-(ß).mp3

it should certainly be possible to properly open, play and use a path like:
Code:
nfs://192.168.1.1/media/music/?unsorted?/three???/file1:of2-(ß).mp3

???

Messages In This Thread
RE: Special characters in filename causes files not to be played - by Uatschitchun - 2019-11-24, 10:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special characters in filename causes files not to be played0