Win Hardware upgrade recommendations (including "stand pat")
(2019-11-23, 04:37)ozkhan1 Wrote:
(2019-11-21, 20:09)poofyhairguy Wrote: Eh, what does another box under a TV hurt? 

It’s the WIfe and Family Acceptance factor. Can’t afford Logitech harmony for every room, they are expensive as heck. 

This, exactly. (Except for me, hubby and family.) They don't care about the boxes, but they have a very low tolerance for "which remote/channel/input am I supposed to use?" It so annoyed hubby for a while that he was getting out physical disks rather than use Kodi—even figuring out the Harmony was overwhelming him. /shrug Not everyone can program a VCR, as it were.

Thank you everyone for your recommendations. This just got a lot more urgent, because I suddenly realized that our GoFlex Home is no longer accessible under Win10. Thank goodness I haven't updated the OS on the HTPC yet. So I have to figure out how to get to the files and where to transfer them. Priority has suddenly shifted from the aging-but-functional HTPC to the NAS. I'm going to have to do something quick.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hardware upgrade recommendations (including "stand pat") - by Setaige - 2019-12-07, 06:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware upgrade recommendations (including "stand pat")0